2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 79 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by fosaisu
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 2 years ago

the moving lockable unlockable multipliers on SW and overall use of the action button on SW is great. Also the playfield LCD is being too overlooked. SW is the better game but alot easier then IM with present code. I like both games though and would like to own a IMve someday.

#52 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Very very happy with it.
I may sound like a broken record to some - but, no center drain post + lightning flippers has me coming back time and time again on this pin. Have reached SH about a dozen times, beat it twice. Love the vault package and everything about it. (owned original spidey twice way back long ago). Ive had the game since NOV '16.

Cool..thanks for the input. I want to like it and almost grabbed one, but the art bothers me. I don't like the new-age millennial "bobble head Spidey". I liked Larsen and McFarlane's art much better...the likes of art on my GTB Spidey. The PF art on that pin is fantastic.

Sorry to interrupt OP, back to the regularly scheduled program...

#53 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Less stuff on the play field doesn't mean less fun.

I agree in fact for me in most cases less stuff means more fun.

#54 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Cool..thanks for the input. I want to like it and almost grabbed one, but the art bothers me. I don't like the new-age millennial "bobble head Spidey". I liked Larsen and McFarlane's art much better...the likes of art on my GTB Spidey. The PF art on that pin is fantastic.
Sorry to interrupt OP, back to the regularly scheduled program...

Yea, not for everyone just like the original isn't for me. But the art looks fantastic in person and really fits a 'pinball' perfect.

Back to our regularly scheduled thread...I wonder which came cost more in overall effort and resources.

#55 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

we can put them on but they are a wash. Some like them and others dont. I personally am in the camp that the new LEDs suck. I dont need to be blinded for making a shot or starting a multiball. I know you a pro everything Stern, but I hope you can see that many people dont like all the new stuff they do and assume it is better just because it is new. The inability to tweak inserts as I see fit is a big negative also.

Who makes the LEDs for Stern these days? If my memory hadn't completely gone, titles around the release of TFLE had cointaker leds installed, I notice my BM66 and a friends AS Pro, have LEDs with Stern printed on them now.

#56 2 years ago

Pretty sure they are using on board color changers much of the time.

#57 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Who makes the LEDs for Stern these days? If my memory hadn't completely gone, titles around the release of TFLE had cointaker leds installed, I notice my BM66 and a friends AS Pro, have LEDs with Stern printed on them now.

I do believe they come from nifty when it isn't a led pcb board.

#58 2 years ago

I like the Iron Man VE artwork. Hopefully, there will be a SW Vault Edition....

#59 2 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

I like the Iron Man VE artwork. Hopefully, there will be a SW Vault Edition....

It's the same as original artwork.

#60 2 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

It's the same as original artwork.

I'd take a slight improvement on the artwork on the Vault Edition on any game.

#61 2 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

I'd take a slight improvement on the artwork on the Vault Edition on any game.

You mean the cabinet with the metallic decal? The pf is identical. The cabinet is the same art, just metallic decal on VE vs direct screened cabinet on original.

#62 2 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

You mean the cabinet with the metallic decal? The pf is identical. The cabinet is the same art, just metallic decal on VE vs direct screened cabinet on original.

AC/DC and Spider-Man had different playfield art on the VE.

#63 2 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

AC/DC and Spider-Man had different playfield art on the VE.

Agree, but that wasn't what you stated...and by the way, SM Vault was a huge downgrade on art (and sound).

Talking about a Star Wars Vault is ludicrous.

#64 2 years ago

I only have one Stern right now and its IMVE. I do have a SW Premium coming though!

#65 2 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

talking about a Star Wars Vault is ludicrous.

I know it's early but it will get a Vault Edition. I guarantee it.

#66 2 years ago

Star Wars for the win. I have IMVE and SW, between the 2 it's no contest.

#67 2 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

Star Wars for the win. I have IMVE and SW, between the 2 it's no contest.

I wouldn't expect any different. One game is 7 years old, one is brand new. Both are stripped fast games.

#68 2 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Agree, but that wasn't what you stated...and by the way, SM Vault was a huge downgrade on art (and sound).

What happened to sound on the IM Vault? Cheaper speakers?

#69 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

What happened to sound on the IM Vault? Cheaper speakers?

Is it worse? I never noticed. Sounded about the same to me.

#70 2 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Is it worse? I never noticed. Sounded about the same to me.

Sorry, I misread and thought you were talking about IM Vault sound (which is identical, I think), not SM Vault sound (which as you say was totally redone when they reskinned the game). Oops!

#71 2 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

I know it's early but it will get a Vault Edition. I guarantee it.

... and Tron VE will come out right after it!

#72 2 years ago

Love IM. Tough game but I balance it out with SM and POTC. I always go to IM if I have only 10-15 minutes to play pinball. Owned it for 3 years and ST, ACDC and ST left but IM stays.

I have SW LE coming. I plan to play the heck out of it. I really like Sterns sound, lighting and LCD and feel that the SW package will be over the top. Can't wait.

Keeping IM though.

#73 2 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

If anything this is further proving your point that most STERN pinballs of late have been feature deprived. Which means we all lose.

kinda crazy when a premium stern cost almost as much as a jjp standard now. Wish they stopped making fun games, then I wouldn't be tempted to buy them. damn you stern!!

#74 2 years ago

I got to play SW tonight and it so happened it was directly across from IM. I have to say my first impressions of SW were very positive. As I watched someone else play, I was surprise how good the LCD looked. I've seen AS and I have seen the videos of SW but it looked better in person than I expected. Also, when I look at the game in person, it doesn't looked any more "stripped down" than Star Trek (as the most similar comparison I would make) or IM (for purposes of this thread).

#75 2 years ago

I found the gameplay to be fast and furious similar to IM in some ways. I like how the ball gets stopped periodically by posts in the horshoe and left return. While it's not magnets stopping the ball ( and I like magnets), it felt like it created some interaction with the ball and it wasn't a complete non-stop flow fest. Also, for all the crap the tie fighter has taken, I thought it had good visual effectiveness. Maybe not quite as good of a bash toy as on some games, but I liked it. I don't think it deserves the bashing (pun) it's taking on Pinside.

#76 2 years ago

Only played 5 games on it. I'll get to play it again in 2 weeks. For similar money, I would probably lean towards SW right now because it is clearly the deeper game. I think IM may still give a slight more adrenaline rush, but I have a small collection and may want the fast but deeper game. I could also see my family having fun picking the different characters as we play against each other.

#77 2 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Only played 5 games on it. I'll get to play it again in 2 weeks. For similar money, I would probably lean towards SW right now because it is clearly the deeper game. I think IM may still give a slight more adrenaline rush, but I have a small collection and may want the fast but deeper game. I could also see my family having fun picking the different characters as we play against each other.

I have IM and a SWLE on order. I havent played SW yet though. I would just get SW and see how it goes. The LCD is a game changer for me. Love it. You will appreciate the sound also. It will blow your other games away.

You mentioned family and I am in the same boat. I do family themes only really. I have potc, like you, SM and AS also. Is AS pushing it? Nah! My wife likes AS alot and the kids kind of like Jacky. I wanted to add that IM is very unique in that it is a tough game but a more novice or younger player cN still enjoy it, so it works for a family game. Also a good player can play 2 player with a novice player and the novice player will not get bored waiting their turn and can beat the better player sometimes also. It happens! I would encourage you trying IM out someday. Also try SM. I have a VE and love it. I think I would lean SW now though. Good luck!

1 week later
#78 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I do believe they come from nifty when it isn't a led pcb board.

Nope - cointaker either still supplies them or stern went out on their own.. the LEDs now say STERN on them

#79 2 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

Nope - cointaker either still supplies them or stern went out on their own.. the LEDs now say STERN on them

Seems logical Stern just found their own supplier in China to make "Stern" LEDs for them. Everyone's sourcing from China anyway, and Stern's clearly the biggest single LED customer in pinball. Also, Stern wouldn't benefit in the same way as an end-user from the customer service and array of stock that Cointaker, Nifty, Comet, etc. can offer.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 218.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside