Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 182 posts
  • 105 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by marcand
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

office.jpg
    Hank_Hill_by_kilroyart.jpg
    Clapper_board.gif
    There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 11 years ago

I have a glass company. And a bartending service. Also pinballglass.com

#52 11 years ago

Smokey- I know you were kidding. I'm blonde and female, but not dumb. Oh, and please stop jacking up the gas prices every time my cars' gas lights come on.
    I've heard of pinball machines in gas stations, just never any around here. I think that was one of those 'in the good 'ol times, a long time ago' things.

#53 11 years ago

I'm an insurance agent specializing in the "Municipal" market insuring Township's, Village's, City's, County's and various other municipal entities in Michigan.

#54 11 years ago
    Quoted from zippydapinhead:

I'm currently the butcher at yer local grocery store, whack cows n pigs into steaks n chops, go home covered in blood. Hows that relate to pinball you tell me...

You are ready to compete in the A division.

LTG : )

#55 11 years ago
    Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

I'm a Locomotive Engineer

That is what I should have done.

#56 11 years ago

I sell Hyundai's

#57 11 years ago
    Quoted from Deadpool66:

I sell Hyundai's

I just smogged one!

#58 11 years ago

I am Television Producer/Writer. I'm not sure how it relates to me being involved with pinball but it sure it the best thing in the world coming home after a long 12-14 hour shoot day and playing pinball. I really don't know a lot of others in my business who enjoy this besides my wonderful girlfriend(who also is a producer and bought me my pin). Although I hope to get many more people into it and hopefully revive this industry!

#59 11 years ago
    Quoted from rmancini:

I am Television Producer/Writer.

How about a reality show about a smog tech that would rather be surfing or playing pinball? (just kidding, I like to stay under the radar).

#60 11 years ago

Oh, another one of THESE posts. Ok, I'll bite. Stuff changes, so why not.

I'm a Sr. Consulting Engineer at a high-tech firm. I sell, design, build, support, and stress-over (but get paid well for) dealing with enterprise voice over IP networks.

When crap breaks, they call me on their cell phones in a panic. And I bill accordingly.

Brian

#61 11 years ago

o-din I actually work in reality!! haha. Trust me I have been throwing around ideas on how I could make a pinball show. I just need it to gain some steam and kids to latch onto it.

#62 11 years ago

If Pinball sales keep going up and more machines are made, it will only be a matter of time before Pinball Pickers is produced and we'll see a couple of Pinheads traveling around the world picking up and refurbing pins!

#63 11 years ago
    Quoted from Deadpool66:

I sell Hyundai's

Sweet! I love Hyundai. I did a lot of research 10 years ago and convinced my Mom her new car should be a Hyundai - so she got a 2002 Hyundai Sonata. Been running like a champ, and it looks nice too! I recently test drove a new Sonata and they seem even nicer now. Too bad I can't afford a new car

#64 11 years ago

It's actually been done on a few shows already. Picking pins and refurbishing them on Pawn Stars and some other shows. As long as TV keeps getting made I can buy more and more pins. So then I am happy

#65 11 years ago
    Quoted from rmancini:

As long as TV keeps getting made I can buy more and more pins

I don't see why that won't become a reality! I know a local pinsider with a nice pinball collective.

#66 11 years ago

There have been a number of threads of this topic, but always fun. I am a video game designer. Pinball is relaxing to me, but still game related. It's nice coming home after sitting in front of the computer all day scripting in code and Maya to relax and play pins!

Here I am babbling about our next game "Sly Cooper thieves in time"
    http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/12/18/ign-live-presents-sly-cooper-thieves-in-time

#67 11 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

That is what I should have done.

Flattered by your comment cause I really wish I could work on pins like you.

#68 11 years ago

I'm a project manager for a conveyor company. Our office provides turnkey services for power plant bulk handling (read: coal, limestone, and gypsum) conveyor systems. While not directly related to pinball I find that a material handling system is like a big pinball machine. They each have a processor(PLC), gates/diverters, chutes/ramps, mechanical switches/opto switches, sequence requirements (one thing has to happen before the next function can happen), etc.

Some of what we provide we do ourselves so we are self sufficient some of the time where there are other services we need to buy out. This is like pinball in that I can take care of most of the issues on my games but there are times I need to buy what I need in the form of reproduced parts or circuit board services.

Mike O.

#69 11 years ago
    Quoted from rmancini:

I am Television Producer/Writer.

Quoted from rmancini:

I actually work in reality!!

A writer who works on reality TV? Say it ain't so! I worked in entertainment for a while and auditioned for "reality TV". Funny concept I still find myself watching it from time to time though!

#70 11 years ago

I make drugs.

I currently test the safety efficacy of drugs prior to approval for human use >> working for a large contract research organization at this time.

It has little to do with pinball but an analytical mind never hurts when working on them. It does tend to interfere with my ability to play well as I usually do better 3 drinks in than I do sober.

#71 11 years ago

Oh Oh....I mean I'm not a writer hahaha

#72 11 years ago

JOATMON for the past 20 years.

#73 11 years ago

I help keep women's asses large!

See if you can guess what I do.

#74 11 years ago
    Quoted from RonB:

I help keep women's asses large!

See if you can guess what I do.

Burger flipper at Micky D's.

#75 11 years ago

I doodle stuff on random paper. Some months I get paid for it, some months I don't. Some times pinball related, some times not.

#76 11 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Burger flipper at Micky D's.

Good guess! Actually I sell junk food...err, I mean "snacks the whole family can enjoy!"
    I'm a distributor of a variety of snack foods.

So if you like your women on the plus side, I'm the one to thank!

#77 11 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

Smokey- I know you were kidding. I'm blonde and female, but not dumb. Oh, and please stop jacking up the gas prices every time my cars' gas lights come on.
    I've heard of pinball machines in gas stations, just never any around here. I think that was one of those 'in the good 'ol times, a long time ago' things.

Yeah, all we have now are beer, cigs, and lottery tickets. If you want cheap gas, buy on Wednesday, it always goes up on Thursday!

#78 11 years ago

Software Architect. I like hard problems with undefined boundaries and pinball certainly applies. And when the game breaks, I love the troubleshooting almost as much as the playing.

#79 11 years ago

little debbies?? if yes, i just gotta say how much i love your oatmeal cookies with the cream filling

Quoted from RonB:

Good guess! Actually I sell junk food...err, I mean "snacks the whole family can enjoy!"

#80 11 years ago
    Quoted from RonB:

Fritz Lay distributor? Trying to think what pin would tie into that?

#81 11 years ago
    Quoted from smokey_789:

A wide body.

#82 11 years ago
    Quoted from smokey_789:

No pin ties into it other than my occupation pays for it. I cover a large territory and am always on the lookout, I have found a few in the past while on the road so I guess it ties in that way.

And no, it's not "Fritz Lay" or "Little Debbie" but Snyder's, Jay's, Lance and Archway products mainly.

#83 11 years ago
    Quoted from smokey_789:

I hope you know I was trying to be funny. Btw i really do own a gas station. No pins related to gas stations that I know of.

Truck Stop.

#84 11 years ago
    Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

little debbies??

The Little Debbie/McKee bakery is just down the street from my parents' house. Little Debbie Parkway is one of the main access roads there, and there is a Little Debbie outlet that sells overstock for 25 cents per box. Yum. Sadly "Little Debbie" Deborah McKee's gorgeous family farm was just turned into a stupid tudorcraftolonial neighborhood where they crammed as many houses in as they could and want a fortune for them.

Oh, and you haven't truly lived until you've had a oatmeal creme hot off the production line. Cream all gooey and melty... OMG.

#85 11 years ago

I am a commercial banker. 5% of the time it's like that show called Shark Tank. The other 95% is spent dealing with problems other people have caused.

#86 11 years ago
    Quoted from RonB:

Ya got any Twinkies stashed?

#87 11 years ago
    Quoted from RonB:

No pin ties into it other than my occupation pays for it. I cover a large territory and am always on the lookout, I have found a few in the past while on the road so I guess it ties in that way.
    And no, it's not "Fritz Lay" or "Little Debbie" but Snyder's, Jay's, Lance and Archway products mainly.

Snyders is hella delicious. The flavored mini pretzels are a personal weakness, but the big box of hard pretzels is very satisfying as well.

#88 11 years ago

Shout out to Nutty_50, I also work for Johnson Controls in Dallas as a System Rep. 4. Troubleshooting, repairing and programming controls is a hand to hand for pinball repairs.
    I also own Silverball Holding Co., I restore most anything coin-op related, but prefer to dabble in pinball. I need a bigger company truck so I can pick up pins on my service route.

#89 11 years ago
    Quoted from Bub:

Johnson Controls

I always thought was a solid name for a company.

#90 11 years ago

I am a developmental engineer for Wright Patterson AFB.

#91 11 years ago

But you have to be careful who you tell that you are a Johnson tech.

#92 11 years ago

Im a union sheet metal worker . If I'm lucky I get a couple

Big OT jobs and all my OT money for pins . Buying and selling thing on the side really helps

Doesn't matter I just really enjoy my pinball .

#93 11 years ago

Electrician specializing in everything from private high voltage pole line work to computer networking and fiber optics with a dash of local government video security build out and off grid solar systems. How does this work into pinball? Well working with the public gives me access to customers who have pins and arcade machines that need service, kind of a win win for me!

#94 11 years ago

Mechanical Engineer that ended up doing large capital project management for a mega manufacturing company. Recently resigned and now do my own part time contract/consulting work. Love it and love the extra free time to learn more about pins and other new and interesting hobbies.

#95 11 years ago

Used to do in-house IS/IT work for a major retail chain.

Now I am a project lead for the same chain. Cover 34 stores in N. Ca, and have 50 people to look after.

Besides the IS/IT work, no clue how it relates to my love of pinball.

#96 11 years ago

I'm a a/v tech so my occupation really helps me. Still a learning curve but troubleshooting isn't that bad.

#97 11 years ago

I work in Neuro, and I guess I like complex systems (I love playing pins, but love even more working on and restoring them).

#98 11 years ago

I'm an engineering technician. I am to research engineers, as a nurse is to a doctor. My specialties are electronics and optics. The electronics help for pinball, but the optics don't. Unless Laser Cue is more literal than I thought.

#99 11 years ago

Commercial General Contractor although lately mostly a Systems Construction metal building dealer.

#100 11 years ago

I teach children to do feats of strength and dexterity. Sometimes on a thin piece of wood, or on some old bars laying around. They seem to be having fun. I would say it has nothing to do with pinball, and that's okay.

There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/your-occupation-and-how-it-relates-to-or-affords-you-pinball/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.