(Topic ID: 98515)

Your MUST movie quote for The Big Lebowski game?

By Tuna_Delight

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 66 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by vid1900
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

TR.jpg

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

Man, there are, like, uh, lots of bitchin' quotes from The Big Lebowski movie, man, that will make for great tie-ins to the game. You know?

One (of many) that makes me laugh everytime I think of it is: "Hey, careful, man, there’s a beverage here!".

This, of course, is a natural for tying into the White Russian playfield toy when it's lit during beverage multi-ball.

What's one of your favorites and how do you see it being incorporated into the gameplay?

#2 4 years ago

Is this your homework, Larry?

#3 4 years ago

English motherfucker. Do you speak it?

#4 4 years ago

" I'm throwin' rocks tonight " when you make a strike.
"You're being very unDude Dude" 2nd tilt warning.
"You make a mean Caucasian Jackie " after you collect the ingredients to make one.
"I fuck you up" call out tells you to hit nihilist target, points increase every time you hit it during timed mode, complete it and Walter says "Anti Semite".

#5 4 years ago

Assuming you can set it to Mature and family mode. "Shut the f#%k up Donny"

#6 4 years ago

Mark it zero Donnie.
Nobody fucks with de jesus.

#7 4 years ago

STFU Donnny!

#8 4 years ago

*Coughspit* "Uh... Let me tell you something about the Dude..."

EDIT: And, of course, "Do you see what happens Larry?".

#9 4 years ago

The Dude: Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

The Dude: Let me explain something to you. Um, I am not "Mr. Lebowski". You're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing
Walter Sobchak: [shouting] Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a shit about the rules? Mark it zero!

Walter Sobchak: ...It's a league game, Smokey
The Dude: I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man

Walter Sobchak: Hell, I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon... with nail polish.

Walter Sobchak: That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

The Dude: H-hey, this is a private residence, man!

The Dude: I'm sorry your stepmother is a nympho.

The Dude: I hate the f@*kin' Eagles man.

#10 4 years ago

"you are entering a world of pain"

#11 4 years ago

"You don't like my f***ing music, get your own f***ing cab!"

#12 4 years ago

"You're a deadbeat, Lebowski..."

#13 4 years ago

Nobody fucks with the Jesus!

#14 4 years ago

" I'll suck your c#*k for a thousand dollars "

#15 4 years ago

When you Tilt: "This is what you get when you F@#k a stranger in the @$$"

On a drain " Do you really have to cuss so much" -my wording may not totally correct

#16 4 years ago

8 year olds dude

#17 4 years ago

QUINTANA:
"What's this "day of rest" shit, man?!"
"I would've fucked you in the ass Saturday,
I'll fuck you in the ass next Wednesday instead!"

WALTER:
"Those are the fucking rules."
DIETER:
"Zere ARE no ROOLZ!"
WALTER:
"NO RULES! YOU CABBAGE-EATING SONS-OF- BITCHES"

WALTER:
"Worthy fuckin' adversary."

LEBOWSKI:
"You won't leave a man his fucking balls!"

#18 4 years ago

"Ve vant ze money, Lebowski." for inserting a coin
"F**k it, Dude, let's go bowling." for game over

#19 4 years ago

So not sure if this has been hashed out yet...is there going to be any original speech (either the original actors or impersonators), or is it gonna be all sound bytes from the movie?

#20 4 years ago

"Do you see what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps". Family mode only of course.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So not sure if this has been hashed out yet...is there going to be any original speech (either the original actors or impersonators), or is it gonna be all sound bytes from the movie?

I am under the impression that it will be sound bytes. But with the DP guys, you have no idea of whats up their sleeve.

Although orginial speech would be super cool, (like in the intro video, they have a great impersonator doing Sam Elliot.) There is enough movie quotes where if they were not able to do any original speech, they still have a Treasure Chest of sound bites to use even if its just from various movie clips...

#23 4 years ago

Calmer than you are

#24 4 years ago

"vagina"

Anyone uncomfortable?

#25 4 years ago

"Shomer Shabbos!"

"Forget it Donny, you're out of your element!"

"That rug really tied the room together, did it not..."

These are a few of my favorites.

#26 4 years ago

Am i the only one around here that gives a shit about the rules?

#27 4 years ago

"2000 years of beautiful tradition from Moses to Sandy Koufax, you're goddamn right I'm living in the past!"

"Well, that's just like your opinion man!"

"Some new shit has come to light!"

"Apparently, you're not a golfer"

#28 4 years ago

'Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man....'

#29 4 years ago

I'm sorry I wasn't listening

#30 4 years ago

over the line !!!

#31 4 years ago

Knox Harrington : so, what do you do Lebowski ?
Dude : Who the fuck are you, man ?
Knox Harrington : Just a friend of Maudey's
Dude : Yeah, the friend with the cleft asshole ? What do YOU do ?
Knox Harrington : Oh, nothing much ...

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

'Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man....'

#33 4 years ago

"Uh, I'm just gonna go find a cash machine."

[Also handy when final payment is due]

#34 4 years ago

"The word itself makes some men uncomfortable. Vagina. "
"You mean coitus? "
"You see what happens Larry?"
"Phone's ringing Dude"
"Life does not start and stop at your convenience you miserable piece of shit!"
"also, Dude, "Chinaman" is not the preferred nomenclature. Asian-American, please."
"I am the Walrus"
"Donny: Are they gonna hurt us, Walter?
Walter Sobchak: No, Donny. These men are cowards. "

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

English motherfucker. Do you speak it?

How was this never made into a pin ? Probably my favorite movie ever. Lebowski--#2.
Been laughing aloud all day thinking about...
" Is this your homework Larry ? "

#36 4 years ago

Are there any lines in the movie that would not belong in a pinball machine somewhere??!!

#37 4 years ago

If you are new to the thread or haven't yet seen the movie, link to 2.5 min summary of what you missed. It is one man's version at least, not mine.

A few quick areas I noticed that were overlooked - 1) when Dude reports his stolen car and contents to the cops 2) when Walter and Dude visit little Larry 3) Walter following his declaring Smokey has committed a foot fault 4) many scenes with Julianne Moore and finally 5) the ferret scene. Heck, they even missed pulling quotes from classic scenes like the one we learn Dude's rug is missing AND it really tied the room together. sheesh.

#38 4 years ago

"That rug really tied the room together"

#39 4 years ago

Walter Sobchak: "Fuck it Dude. Let's go bowling."

Nihilist: We believe in nothing, Lebowski. Nothing. And tomorrow we come back and we cut off your chonson.

#40 4 years ago

TODAY IS LEBOWSKI TUESDAY! ALL MUST WATCH AT LEAST ONCE TODAY! - the management.

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

3) Walter following his declaring Smokey has committed a foot fault

Smokey this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules

Mark that frame an eight or you’re entering a world of pain.

Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a shit about the f*&k$(g rules? Mark it a zero.

Yes John Goodman is pure genius in that scene. Every character in the movie seemed to have been perfectly cast and was acting near the top of their game. Mark it a zero.

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Yes John Goodman is pure genius in that scene. Every character in the movie seemed to have been perfectly cast and was acting near the top of their game. Mark it a zero.

Absolutely...that's why to me - Coen Bros movies are almost like "human cartoons" ...the actors are so amazingly specifically perfect for their parts, it's as though they were drawn just for these movies. Every little tick, expression, movement...is just so unbelievably perfect it's as if they were animated by the Coen Bros.

You guys fans of their other movies? Lebowski probably my favorite, but it's really close to O Brother Where Art Thou, Raising Arizona & Fargo. I could watch all of those movies on a loop lol. Also love True Grit, A Serious Man, Hudsucker Proxy, Burn After Reading, and even Ladykillers (underrated IMO).

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You guys fans of their other movies? Lebowski probably my favorite, but it's really close to O Brother Where Art Thou, Raising Arizona & Fargo. I could watch all of those movies on a loop lol. Also love True Grit, A Serious Man, Hudsucker Proxy, Burn After Reading, and even Ladykillers (underrated IMO).

Burn after Reading--brillant...O brother, Raising Arizona, Fago---outstanding...
Even the recent Fargo serious was right on, the Bros were involved in that as well. Shoot, there's a sceen in the Fargo series where when getting on a bus, the bus driver says "No funny stuff today" to the person getting on. I think they used the term "no funny stuff" in some of their other movies as well.

#44 4 years ago

Classic. One of my all time favs. Credits don't even come in until about 20 minutes deep.

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Burn after Reading--brillant...O brother, Raising Arizona, Fago---outstanding...
Even the recent Fargo serious was right on, the Bros were involved in that as well. Shoot, there's a sceen in the Fargo series where when getting on a bus, the bus driver says "No funny stuff today" to the person getting on. I think they used the term "no funny stuff" in some of their other movies as well.

From what I understand, they just kind of "signed off on" the Fargo TV series....show creator/writer Noah Hawley wrote every episode. The Fargo TV series is a love letter to the Coens - there are SOOOOO many little references to their movies peppered throughout, especially character names. Off the top of my head, there were Knudsens (Bunny Lebowski's real name). There was a storytelling sequence that was EXACTLY like "The Goy's Teeth" story from A Serious Man. In any case, it was a really great show!

#46 4 years ago

That's a bummer man.

#47 4 years ago

probably harder to come up with dialog that can be left out of the game there is no excuse for repetition either with so much material... except "is this your homework larry?" .. that needs to go off several times on the way to "you see what happens" mode

#48 4 years ago

I just sent a note to Phil to see if they may "feed the monkee" and give us a teaser on a sound bite...my reply percentage is at about 25% so don't hold your breath...

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

I just sent a note to Phil to see if they may "feed the monkee" and give us a teaser on a sound bite...my reply percentage is at about 25% so don't hold your breath...

This aggression will not stand man, the Dude minds!

#50 4 years ago

"You mark that frame an 8, and you're entering a world of pain"

The Dude: You brought the fuckin' Pomeranian bowling?

Walter Sobchak: What do you mean brought it bowling, Dude? I didn't rent it shoes. I'm not buying it a fucking beer. He's not taking your fucking turn, Dude.

"I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man."

"God damn you Walter! You fuckin' asshole! Everything's a fuckin' travesty with you, man! And what was all that shit about Vietnam? "

"You must be here to fix the cable."

"We're talking about unchecked aggression here, dude. "

"Donny you're out of your element! Dude, the Chinaman is not the issue here! "

"Well, they finally did it. They killed my fucking car. "

"Brandt can't watch, though, or he has to pay a hundred. "

"Walter, I love you, but sooner or later, you're going to have to face the fact you're a goddamn moron. "

"I don't like your jerk-off name, i don't like your jerk-off face and i don't like you. Jerk-off. Do i make myself clear? "

"Fuck sympathy! I don't need your fuckin' sympathy, man, I need my fucking johnson! "

Too many to list

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 399.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside