9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by amkoepfer
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1800306_1445123402436138_1790771346747297740_n[1].jpg
    #1 9 years ago

Ok everybody, lets hear about the greatest game you have ever played. I don't mean the greatest machine, I mean YOUR greatest performance. I have 2 games that stick out in my mind as great memories and probably were factor in keeping me interested in pinball to come back years later and rediscover the game and thus get into the hobby.

Story 1:
    I was about 11 or 12 years old and went to a skating rink in a nearby town with my friends family. There was a Jokerz there. I did not know jack squat about pinball other than don't let the ball drain. I plopped my quarters in and off I went. The DJ announced it was time for a backwards skate, my buddy comes over and says "c'mon man they are doing the backwards skate!" My reply is "hold on I am playing a game". Backward skate comes and goes, a few more songs come and go.... Then it is time for the reverse skate (instead of going counter clockwise you go clockwise around the rink), This time he comes back with his brothers too. "what are you doing? your going to miss it" He says. Again I apologize, I mean I paid money to play this game I am going to get my moneys worth. This similar conversation happens a few times and even his Dad comes over to see if I am ok, I have been "missing" for a long time. It is still probably the longest game I ever played and I ended up at the top of the score board, entered my initial and went back skating.

Story 2:
    Basically the same situation. It was the night of my high school graduation and we were having an all night "lock in" called "Project Graduation" at the local Bowling ally. They had a Revenge From Mars, I had never seen anything like it, Pinball 2000 was amazing. Had a super long game with my friends coming over.... "Dude were starting another game you in?" Sure I'll be over in a minute........ "Hey your up, you coming?" Bowl my turn for me I'll be there in a sec....... They were giving away door prizes that night, good ones too, "Dude, they are doing the door prizes" Yeah, I can hear them from here...... Another long game, with a place on the high score board.

Now everytime I see a game in public I walk up hoping to have another epic game, never happens, but someday I hope I will have another highly memorable game.

So how about you guys and girls? Whats the story of your most Epic game?

#2 9 years ago

From a few weeks back. Of course, it was more impressive way back then because bkerins was the reigning PAPA world champ.

1800306_1445123402436138_1790771346747297740_n[1].jpg1800306_1445123402436138_1790771346747297740_n[1].jpg
    #3 9 years ago

It was the day I finally made it to Portal on Tron. It was an absolute obsession with me for a year.

#4 9 years ago

Justin, where are you?

#5 9 years ago

This thread needs more epic stories.

#6 9 years ago

Last year, local collector had a big swiss-style tourney at his house. I did pretty good, think I finished like second or third out of 20 people. Foist on my own petard by picking AC/DC Premium for the finals, which I had been rocking. Was kinda ticked off, so I says to myself "Hey, I'm gonna play one more game and show this thing what's what." Well, about 15 short games later, I got in the groove, and went on an absolute RAMPAGE... I'm talking like four+ multiballs on the same ball, picking up two extra balls, just beating the CRAP out of this thing.. I think I played the same game for over two hours. It was just an epic slog of a game qualifying and restarting multiballs galore. All that work, I think my final score was around 450 million.

#7 9 years ago

The first time I 'Toured the Mansion'. I had just moved home that day from living out of state for over a year. My neighbors/friends had a homecoming party for me. I ended up stumbling home drunk and decided to play a game of TAF. I don't remember the details just that I was dancing all over the place with my hands in the air Rocky-style.

#8 9 years ago

The other day I was playing the Mustang. My usual scores are around 50 to 70 Million. I was killing it, and ended up at just over 151,000,000 points. There were 2 guys waiting for a ride from me and had to wait. Then they had to listen to my excitement in the car.

#9 9 years ago

My son played one ball of a game on my Williams contact. He got bored and wandered off so I started finishing g the game and without his 2000 points I still broke 500k for the first time

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/your-most-epic-pinball-performance and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.