Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by usandthem
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I just noticed this on RGP. https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.games.pinball/ComWBJrhV3c

Considering my dislike for Stern I find this quite funny.

#2 8 years ago

Kind of like your thread is a PPS thread.

#3 8 years ago

They're using Sterns factory? Seems reasonable considering they have the equipment for bulk processing.

#4 8 years ago

No it will be assembled at the Stern location, you are funny

#5 8 years ago

Yea Im being funny. I missed that it had already been posted but I still find this news quite ironic. Another funny thing is that I can still hear Jack at the TX Pinball Festival saying that he would probably be the one that would build the MMs for Wayno. Guess not.

It will be a great game thought because Rick is doing it. He is a good guy.

#6 8 years ago

So you have a B/W designed game being reproduced by PPS and manufactured by Stern. Seems like a perfect storm, but makes good sense. Allow Stern to do what it does well - build lots of games.

#7 8 years ago

MMr - will it be listed as manufactured by SPI ? Pretty amazing. WMS PPS CGC SPI ... surely there is a word in there somewhere...

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

MMr - will it be listed as manufactured by SPI ? Pretty amazing. WMS PPS CGC SPI ... surely there is a word in there somewhere...

I'm pretty sure it will be listed as being manufactured by Chicago Gaming Co. since they are overseeing the production. Stern Pinball is just the subcontractor.

#9 8 years ago

That one guy pointed out, if you wait, for HUO pricing, you could save a bundle. I personally cannot wait, but someone could . MM ( r or not) for around $5k will mean a LOT more of them out there to play hopefully. And I think the originals will slowly creep back up over time as others have speculated. To me that means this might be the best time to buy an original for restoration. It would be cool to have the remake right next to the restoration.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

No. See my reply in the other thread.

#11 8 years ago

Well all different answers on that part in both threads both boards. I certainly don't care, but am curious. If it's listed with CGC it will be with Vacation America, if SPI it will be with all the Sterns, if PPS they will have to list a new manufacturer.

#13 8 years ago

I have to do laundry today

#14 8 years ago

It is quite possible the game will be better as experienced factory assemblers will do a better job.

#15 8 years ago

I like this quote from the announcement: "The initial games will slip a few weeks to get everything setup to run. Everything assumes of course the timely delivery of all quality parts needed to assemble the game from CGC."

Basically, just a set-up for the delay from the announced Q2 release. As if setting up their own assembly line from scratch would be any faster than using Stern's lines/workers/equipment for assembly.

#16 8 years ago

I wouldn't hold your breath. I'm going to guess that most people who are spending $8,000 on a game in which they know exactly what they're getting are going to keep it a few years.

I'm sure someone will sell, and it will be less than $8K, but not much less because I don't think HUO supply will be high.

Quoted from rommy:

MM ( r or not) for around $5k will mean a LOT more of them out there to play hopefully.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I wouldn't hold your breath. I'm going to guess that most people who are spending $8,000 on a game in which they know exactly what they're getting are going to keep it a few years.

That is until the next gotta have Stern Title comes out...and then yes...5k all day long.

#18 8 years ago

HA. Okay. MMR's will be selling for $5K a month or two after they are released, that's about when the next Stern is coming out, right?

Quoted from Cybergoonie:

That is until the next gotta have Stern Title comes out...and then yes...5k all day long.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

It would be cool to have the MM remake right next to a MM restoration.

That would mean too much money (and two floor spots) tied up in just one title. Better to have the money and second spot used for some other great game.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Better to have the money and second spot used for some other great game.

The next Stern one, Strolling Corpses.

LTG : )™

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Another funny thing is that I can still hear Jack at the TX Pinball Festival saying that he would probably be the one that would build the MMs for Wayno. Guess not.

He probably needs to worry more about building the games people already have paid in full.

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

will it be listed as manufactured by SPI ?

It is only being assembled by Stern. This is a whole different thing than manufactured.

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

And has got to contribute to the price tag. So many players and rights in this game. Good thing there isn't more extensive r and d involved

#24 8 years ago

Sounds like the workers at the Stern factory are highly productive. It's too bad that their pay isn't commensurate with their apparent high productivity level.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 29.95
Electronics
PinSound
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!