New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 57971)

Your "I WILL NEVER SELL IT" Sell Price?

By pinster68

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 72 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by sepins
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Does your #1 pin in your collection have a sale price?”

• YES. I may not know the exact price, but there is a number. 81 votes
      77%
    • NO. Burry me in this pin - I will NEVER sell, regardless of the price. 16 votes
      15%
    • UNDECIDED. I tried to think about it ... but can't. 8 votes
      8%

(105 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

th.jpeg
    qm.gif
    100_0046.JPG
    image.jpg

There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 7 years ago

I just bought a NIB Metallica LE for a pretty penny, but if someone offered me 9500 its yours, or a metallica premium dirty donny edition and 3k its also yours.

#52 7 years ago

Thought I would never sell Cactus Canyon, but it was getting maybe 5 plays a year by me. Had the chance to sell it at 3x's what I paid. Sold it and bought a classic car and had $ in my pocket. Still had 90+ pins to play. Plus I think CC prices are about peaked.

#53 7 years ago

$7,0000.00 maybe or trade for nice CV.

100_0046.JPG

#54 7 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Thought I would never sell Cactus Canyon, but it was getting maybe 5 plays a year by me. Had the chance to sell it at 3x's what I paid. Sold it and bought a classic car and had $ in my pocket. Still had 90+ pins to play. Plus I think CC prices are about peaked.

Just wondering do you have all 90 pins set up at your place to play or are some of them in storage or on route?

#55 7 years ago

My BOP and JB would be 2k. I really like how they look next to eachother.

#56 7 years ago

Prices have leveled off for a while, I think. Just sold my FGY and WoF. After DH sells, I'll have exactly half DMDs and half classics.

#57 7 years ago

My favorite game is WPT. I'd let it go for $3500 or more because I know I could get another one for less.

What I won't sell (and "almost-favorites") are CV, LOTR LE, and LWJP. Beyond "HUO," I'm the original/only owner of these and that can't be replaced. (LWJP is also a "trophy" game that I won, so I can't sell it.)

#58 7 years ago
    Quoted from 30FathomDave:

It would take at least $10K for me to let go of my Monster Bash.

If it's in pretty good shape, that's not an unrealistic price.

#59 7 years ago

A little off topic as far as pinball, but here's how I learned my "never gonna sell" lesson.

In 1996 I came across a 1962 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ45 short bed pickup in Tucson, AZ (no rust) with 42k original miles. It had been sitting for quite a while, so all the rubber ect. Was toast, but I bought it to do a full frame off restoration, and got a smokin deal at $500.00.

For those of you not familiar, this is the grail of Land Cruisers, only 14 of them were ever imported to the states.

Long story short, in 1999, a gentleman came to my door after seeing it in the driveway in a million pieces, verified thats what it was, and offered me 20K cash on the spot.

I declined, after all, "it will never be for sale"

In 2003, still in pieces due to lack of funds and other issues, mainly time, I decided to sell it...after 2 months I'm the market, the most I could get was $4500.00.

#60 7 years ago
    Quoted from bradloy25:

Just wondering do you have all 90 pins set up at your place to play or are some of them in storage or on route?

All set up.

#61 7 years ago

My Getaway wouldn't leave here for less than $3000, and the only reason I'd let it go for that is because I'm reasonably confident I could turn around and get an incredibly clean one for that price.

Totem wouldn't go out the door for any price someone would pay, just because of sentimental value. I'd listen to someone who offered $5k, but probably decline anything much under $10k. The game's worth under $1k, even with NOS backglass and the soon-to-be restored and clearcoated playfield I plan to put in it.

#62 7 years ago
    Quoted from brent149:

Anyone who sells they'd never sell is goofy or bad at business. Most machines have thousands more like it out there. If you wanna give me way more than its worth, awesome I'll sell it and go buy another.

In general, I agree. However, there's always the exception. Butterflygirl's Star Light is 1 of 100 made, and hers is incredibly clean; that game is probably irreplaceable. I can understand something like that, or a particular machine with incredible sentimental value, being impossible to part with.

#63 7 years ago

$$$

qm.gif th.jpeg

#64 7 years ago
    Quoted from brent149:

Anyone who sells they'd never sell is goofy or bad at business. Most machines have thousands more like it out there. If you wanna give me way more than its worth, awesome I'll sell it and go buy another.

Sometimes there are other factors present, like with my LWJP and CV.I doubt I could find a NIB CV anywhere at any price these days. And sometimes the money isn't a major factor. I can easily afford any games I want, but I lack the space (that is *not* affordable around here!) and really don't like having games in storage (although 2 of mine are right now...)

#65 7 years ago

I have worked for 2 years to get my collection of minty pins. Sell no way!

Trade maybe. My mint TRON LE for a MM.

#66 7 years ago

I've had my Addams Family for almost 22 years now, it's been thru many wars, even had a BB gun shot at the cloud,(don't ask), wouldn't sell it for anything short of "life changing money", not exactly sure what that is, but I know it's a lot more than it's worth to anyone but me

#67 7 years ago

I've got a HUO MM, it'd take some serious coin to dislodge that. Probably $20k+.

Tron LE I'd flog for 15k.

I'd only sell Eclipse if I flogged all my system 80s together, so that would make it expensive

Anything else would be out the door for 20% over the odds, even if it is a keeper. Can always get another one unless it is rare.

#68 7 years ago
    Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

Tough one...
    I have been offered 10K for my Varkon, and thought about it...but in the end I didn't do it. I have been offered "name my price" on several of my other games, and they are still here also. My Joust is in the same category with Varkon as is Star Light, Cosmic Gunfight, Barracora (offered "name my price" on it), and a few others that I might "think" about naming a price, but in the end I wouldn't be able to do it, and even if I did I am pretty sure no one would do it...So I can say with pretty much confidence that certain ones will NOT be going anywhere anytime soon!
    Phoebe

And the coolest part about pheobe's rare collection, she bring them to shows for people to enjoy. I would never have had the chance to play rare titles like her Varkon, but because of her, I spent some quality time with her Williams collection at the Ohio show last year. Thanks Pheobe!

#70 7 years ago
    Quoted from Collin:

In general, I agree. However, there's always the exception. Butterflygirl's Star Light is 1 of 100 made, and hers is incredibly clean; that game is probably irreplaceable. I can understand something like that, or a particular machine with incredible sentimental value, being impossible to part with.

I was talking about regular machines. Of course if there's less that a couple hundred made replacing would be rough and would change things. I can only think of one or two 'rare' machines I'd ever want though.

#71 7 years ago

Hi there,
    to be honest i will never sell my MM at any price.
    i bought it 3500e 5-6 years ago. Now it's difficult to estimate it precisely, 6000e, 8000e, 10000e?
    what about its value in 5 years?
    that's my favorite pins and I guess I need to be financially struggling to accept the idea of selling it. What price? i don't know 15K now, 30k in 5 years in same time its value has increased ...
    Laurent

#72 7 years ago
    Quoted from Av8:

I have worked for 2 years to get my collection of minty pins. Sell no way!
    Trade maybe. My mint TRON LE for a MM.

Hard to believe You'd give up Tron LE when You have 2 AC/DC's in your collection. Would figure one of those would finally go???

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 19.99
    $ 14.95
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 40.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Metalhead Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.95
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 195.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    WOZ - OZ lanes Out of stock
    The Art of Pinball
    $ 23.25
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    The MOD Couple
    $ 20.90
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Haus
    $ 214.99
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    To-Go Cup - LED Out of stock
    UpKick Pinball
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 37.50
    $ 27.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    Playfield - Plastics
    Maple Street Sign Shop
    $ 109.99
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside