Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 72 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by sepins
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Does your #1 pin in your collection have a sale price?”

• YES. I may not know the exact price, but there is a number. 81 votes
      77%
    • NO. Burry me in this pin - I will NEVER sell, regardless of the price. 16 votes
      15%
    • UNDECIDED. I tried to think about it ... but can't. 8 votes
      8%

(105 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th.jpeg
    qm.gif
    100_0046.JPG
    image.jpg
    There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

Everyone has their limits. You say you'll never sell, but is this the truth?

What if someone offered you crazy money for your #1 favorite pin. Would you do it? If you say no I say BS. There's the number ... think hard, pick the number, the bare minimum firm price (however ridiculous), and post it here. Try to be honest.

I'll start. My rarest of my rare and closest to my heart, an HUO Centaur with about 600 plays. It's the last pin I'd ever sell ... *BUT* for $8,500 it's gone. Yep, high price, but that's what it would take. I think.

Brian

p.s., and just to add to the fun I'll add a poll.

#2 10 years ago

I am torn on this one..

HUO Black Spiderman - would take about 10K to pry out of my hands
    HUO IM - would take about 10K also...

#3 10 years ago

my HUO Dr. Dude... maybe 5 gees

#4 10 years ago

As much as I tell people certain games would not leave the right price and anything will leave. I get asked the most about my IM but always say...not for sale

#5 10 years ago

People ask me about my TAF. I used to say "No I'm not selling it" but they still pester me. So now I just say $6,000. If they balk at the price, it goes up to $6,500... then $7,000... then $7,500... then they just stop asking.

#6 10 years ago

Anything is for sale at the right price. Buy there are about 4 pins in my collection I would consider selling.

#7 10 years ago

My favorite game in my collection is LAH. Call me crazy but I wouldn't let that one go for less than 3k. In other words, it's not for sale!

#8 10 years ago

Everybody has a price.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#9 10 years ago

There is always another one that would be fun to have, unless you are trying to get one of every pin ever made, selling isn't that tough.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Everybody has a price.

Yes even the million dollar man had his price.......lol

#11 10 years ago

OK...AFM can go for 15k While I'm dreaming, bsd can go for 5k or a straight trade for SS

#12 10 years ago

I don't own any pinball machines that I would say that about. I guess I'd sell any of them at market price, probably would take $500-1000 over market to get me to sell one that I didn't have up for sale at any given moment.

#13 10 years ago

I have an emotional connection with my Dr. Who. The television show had been my favorite show growing up (the new one is my favorite show now) and I had an NIB Dr. Who in 1992 that has been with me for 21 years.

While sure there is a price someone could get it off me for (as I recognize I could buy another one) . . . it realistically isn't a price I would ever see from anyone and I recognize that - I think that is what people mean when they say they wouldn't sell at any price.

#14 10 years ago

10k takes my BSD away Maybe 9 for a "Pinsider"

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

10k takes my BSD away Maybe 9 for a "Pinsider"

that's a 100% markup from my bsd! see me first, buyers!

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

that's a 100% markup from my bsd! see me first, buyers!

Mine is in Canadian loonies though

#18 10 years ago

Mine is my HUO Tron LE at $15k to let that one go.

#19 10 years ago

Now that's some trekkie love going on there...

#20 10 years ago

It would take at least $10K for me to let go of my Monster Bash.

#21 10 years ago

10 billion gets it all, including the farm.

#22 10 years ago

2k over the average selling price buys any machine in my collection.

#23 10 years ago

It would take about $4000 to buy my Space Shuttle. Maybe $3500 to a fellow Pinsider with a passion for it.

#24 10 years ago

$25,000 could probably buy a game that is not for sale .

#25 10 years ago

My F-14 is my prize game because of the restore I did on it, but I would still let it go for the right price/trade.

#26 10 years ago

My true HUO WWF:RR. Love that frakking thing. Would take about 3.5k to get me to budge on it right now.

#27 10 years ago

I'd rather sell them all in a bulk deal and walk away, than give up the rare ones one at a time for stupid cash. I think a clean break is the only way to go. So, anyone with a couple hundred grand to invest should PM me.

#28 10 years ago

They made 13,259 of them, so if someone really wants to overpay for mine, I'm sure I can find another somehow

#29 10 years ago

My highest value pin is SM. 6K and I wouldn't think twice.

#30 10 years ago

Don't think I'd ever sell my restored Gorgar. Was my first pin 25+ years ago.
    They go for much less then what it's worth to me.

#31 10 years ago

I put my entire collection on the market for "make me sell" prices and sold most of it. Nice to shake up the gameroom once in a while. Made me rediscover the classics, too!

#32 10 years ago

I like money. Every thing is for sale.

#33 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinlawyer:

I put my entire collection on the market for "make me sell" prices and sold most of it.

Did the price police go into red alert?

#34 10 years ago

Strangely enough, no. I wanted to build a pool and planned to sell off some of my pricier games (that I don't play anyhow) to fund it, rather than pull from savings. Best thing I ever did.

#35 10 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

Did the price police go into red alert?

This thread has them shitting themselves. People are talking about crazy high prices on their pins and it's all hypothetical so they can't complain.

#36 10 years ago

15k and I would sell my Tron LE since I know nobody would be that crazy.

#37 10 years ago

I would not sell my Tron LE for 15k I think I have more into it than that. Just installed a chrome apron in it. I maybe done with it now.

#38 10 years ago

My kids all have dibs on my machines. Little do they know I have other plans. But,I have one of the last runs on lotr le, that will remain in excellent condition, so it would take stupid money for me to sell.

#39 10 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

This thread has them shitting themselves. People are talking about crazy high prices on their pins and it's all hypothetical so they can't complain.

Yep, that was a consideration when starting this thread. The price police can have their pity party somewhere else!

#40 10 years ago

Now I think about it I think I'd sell any of my pins for crazy money.
    But really crazy money, which is about 10k more than what a pin is worth..

#41 10 years ago

I would sell my sample tz for 12k.

#42 10 years ago

My Bally 4 Queens. $10k. However, If I need cash I can take it to American Jewelry & Gold (home of the Hardcore Pawn teevee show) and they'd probably give me $150.00 for it.

#43 10 years ago

I have a TOM that looks like a NIB machine. My Champion Pub and Stargate are close. I would need to get enough money to buy an actual NIB machine to replace them, so no one would ever give me my asking price on these games.

#44 10 years ago

I have a true HOU TAF. It never had a quarter rolled thru it. I wouldn't sell it for less than 10k, probably not even $12k

#45 10 years ago

Tough one...
    I have been offered 10K for my Varkon, and thought about it...but in the end I didn't do it. I have been offered "name my price" on several of my other games, and they are still here also. My Joust is in the same category with Varkon as is Star Light, Cosmic Gunfight, Barracora (offered "name my price" on it), and a few others that I might "think" about naming a price, but in the end I wouldn't be able to do it, and even if I did I am pretty sure no one would do it...So I can say with pretty much confidence that certain ones will NOT be going anywhere anytime soon!

Phoebe

#46 10 years ago

I have a list of around 12 pins that I want that if I got I would never sell so far 3 of the 4 pins i own are off that list. Unfortanly I can't just go out and buy a pin every weekend just cause I found it on Craigslist I have to save up to buy one little by little.

#47 10 years ago
    Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

Tough one...
    I have been offered 10K for my Varkon, and thought about it...but in the end I didn't do it. I have been offered "name my price" on several of my other games, and they are still here also. My Joust is in the same category with Varkon as is Star Light, Cosmic Gunfight, Barracora (offered "name my price" on it), and a few others that I might "think" about naming a price, but in the end I wouldn't be able to do it, and even if I did I am pretty sure no one would do it...So I can say with pretty much confidence that certain ones will NOT be going anywhere anytime soon!
    Phoebe

I'd strongly consider selling the Varkon. If someone offered you silly money like $10k, you might be able to get them up to $15-20k. Sell it for a couple new pins or a car and more.

JMHO. Not trying to start an arguement or anything. This reminds me like the times when some were selling $3.00 beanie babies for $300.00-$500.00 apiece. Move them all out.

#48 10 years ago

Anyone who sells they'd never sell is goofy or bad at business. Most machines have thousands more like it out there. If you wanna give me way more than its worth, awesome I'll sell it and go buy another.

#49 10 years ago
    Quoted from mcclad:

I have a TOM that looks like a NIB machine. My Champion Pub and Stargate are close. I would need to get enough money to buy an actual NIB machine to replace them, so no one would ever give me my asking price on these games.

Someone will give you enough cash to buy a NIB for a ToM that looks NIB and you will have money left over.
    The longer you collect the more games you have become keepers so the price to sell goes up.
    I don't know what that price is but I know it when I hear it.

#50 10 years ago

3K would probably get me to sell my beloved Centaur. That was my favorite game growing up and took me quite some time to track one down.

There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/your-i-will-never-sell-it-sell-price/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.