(Topic ID: 43831)

Your grail pin

By sb80

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pics_009.jpg
    71007401.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMG_7307.JPG
    th-6.jpeg
    IMG_20130318_011309.jpg
    P2020016.JPG
    PB050285.JPG
    PB050280.JPG
    PA060057.JPG
    There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 11 years ago

By posting your grail pin, you guys are just helping to raise it's price.

#102 11 years ago

My soul yearns for a Barracora, Iron Maiden or a Spirit...

#103 11 years ago
    Quoted from Magic_Mike:

By posting your grail pin, you guys are just helping to raise it's price.

Yah, but you don't believe in Santa Claus.

#104 11 years ago

Doctor Who was mine. I was a Who-ite long before I became interested on pinball. I bought it from a PinSider. It's my only machine, so far.

#105 11 years ago
    Quoted from BALL_LESS1:

Doctor Who was mine. I was a Who-ite long before I became interested on pinball. I bought it from a PinSider. It's my only machine, so far.

Now thats what I like to hear! You never got sidetracked.

#106 11 years ago

King Kong. Bally Vector is probably more realistic though.

#107 11 years ago
    Quoted from BALL_LESS1:

This sounds like a shockingly similar story to my own. I actually liked pinball well before Doctor Who, but was in no position to buy one for about 20 years until I got a big boy job haha. However, DW was my first and only pin in February 2012 since I had become a huge DW fan in the interim. It was my only pin for about 7 months. By looking at my collection now...you can see how fast this sickness can grow. Good luck!

#108 11 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Yah, but you don't believe in Santa Claus.

Even Santa Claus can no longer afford these prices.

#109 11 years ago

Started off wanting a BTTF, then STTNG, then MB. All currently in my collection. Yeah, I saw a MB for under $4k a few years ago. I bit the bullet this year and paid substantially more...still worth it.

#110 11 years ago

Mine has always been MM, but I could never justify its cost, and its only going up. I could get 4 grail-"runner ups" for the cost of one MM and I can't say MM is 4-times the Pin...

So, realistically, my grail Pin that I don't already own would be Nags. Been trying to track one of those down for some time. It may be simple, but its had its hooks into me ever since I plunged the first ball and saw that Horse jump ahead...

However, if Pinball Cirqus ever gets redone... God help me!

#111 11 years ago

LOTR - which is ironic since I just had one briefly. But adding Huo tspp, Tron and that LOTR in the space of two months proved to be more than I should have done, and I had to cut two. Not missing Tron at all, but I have to get that LOTR back in the lineup ASAP. Missing it badly.

#112 11 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

I have looked for a Balls A Poppin' for years with no luck.
    I play the crap out of it at CAX, there is never a line to play it and it pretty much goes unnoticed.

So that makes two of us looking for that one, worldwide
    Machines I know in Europe: there is one in the Paris Pinball museum, and one in Milano.

#113 11 years ago

When I got into this hobby there were two titles that I wished to own (STTNG and IJ) but never thought I would. Though I'd have to say IJ was my ultimate grail title.
    I picked up STTNG a few years ago in a trade deal and finally acquired a beautiful IJ a month ago. So right now I'm pretty satisfied with my collection although I'd like to pick up LOTR some day!

pics_009.jpgpics_009.jpg

#114 11 years ago

Call me crazy..

AC/DC LE or TOM.

Either its $$$ or location keeps them out of my hands... Well one day.

#115 11 years ago

It is funny how most are worried about the price of a pinball machine. I look at it as an investment that I can enjoy now and sell later. Beats the heck out of buying a gold bar and sticking it in a safe. I am not knocking other investments, but I get way more enjoyment out of my pins then watching the stock market or my bank account. If you buy a pin right and bring it back to its old glory, then there shouldn't be any problem getting your money back plus some at a later date.

It is way harder find a good quality grail pin then it is to sell one. As long as this stays true, the prices will stay high.

Oh yeah, a couple of my grail pins.

Mystery Castle
    Fathom
    AFM

#116 11 years ago
    Quoted from Tilter:

Mine has always been MM, but I could never justify its cost, and its only going up. I could get 4 grail-"runner ups" for the cost of one MM and I can't say MM is 4-times the Pin...

I could say the same for SS and TaF... SS especially to sit next to my EATPM.

#117 11 years ago

Obviously, we have similar tastes. IJ is my favorite (attainable) pin followed very closely by STTNG. Like yours, my two Williams widebodies sit side by side. IJ was not my first pin, but it's the one that got me hooked on this hobby. I also own a LOTR, which is close to being at that exalted level. Frankly, I haven't yet played it enough to know. WH20 deserves an honorable mention. The other pins I like as much or even more are out of my price range.

#118 11 years ago
    Quoted from Gatecrasher:

I want an immaculate Royal Flush.

Me too! I had one and traded it for a fast draw. What the hell was I thinking?!

#119 11 years ago
    Quoted from 5280wzrd:

Me too! I had one and traded it for a fast draw. What the hell was I thinking?!

I'd take a Card Whiz but would rather have the Royal Flush.

There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/your-grail-pin/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.