Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Tomass
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

42670214_10156043507033710_5752223676325953536_o (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

A bum came into my work yesterday begging for money. He said he was hungry. So I threw him a bag of Cheetos I hadn't eaten with my lunch.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

My good deed today was a guy blocking me in my parking space at a Chick-fil-A. I wait a bit trying to pull out. He's just staring intently at his phone. I hit the horn with no reaction from him, then hit it some more. He finally moves forward. There are 2 exits from the parking lot. I take the other. I've exited and am driving down the road. That SOB pulls right out in front of me, still staring at his phone. I stopped and screamed at him to put the f'ing phone down while driving. That did not feel so good, but hopefully, he puts the f'ing phone down. I suspect he won't though..

So your good deed for the day was not kicking his ass or taking a baseball bat to his windshield?

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

Yeah, I guess so. Honestly, when I lose it, it kinda sticks with me for a few days. It really is better to let it go. I just fail to do that every now and then...

Yeah, I drive as little as possible now.

Life is too short to get stressed out by assholes that in most cases the only way to get to them is ram them with your own truck or car.

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Hey OD....think I might pick up my 1st em.
    What are yer thoughts on Target Alpha?

I had a Solar City for a long time which is the same game but two player, and it lasted until it started sitting next to better games with better artwork. Then it started looking out of place and was pretty well played out, so it hit the road. Once you start seeing the goofy face dudes on that and similar games, they can wear out their welcome fast.

And my good deed was going to the DMV this AM and keeping a smile on my face and saying hi to people throughout the whole ordeal.

#37 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

But looks aside....are nailing all those DROPS as fun as it looks? I'm guessin yes.

It is an accomplishment to get them all down in one ball, but they only reset after each ball is over, so every ball played is basically the same. It was cool when it was my only EM, but it couldn't hang once the EM collection started growing with superior playing games. I think I paid $500 in good shape.

On the other hand, I have a Williams Pit Stop from 1968 that has grown roots and will never leave.

#40 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Man. Resets every ball? Since there were like 20 versions, is there one where they DON'T reset every ball? Maybe the 1984 El Dorado?
    I've never played any of these.

The original El Dorado doesn't and had it's own special rules and is a cool theme with the Cactus targets and such. Myself, I still can't get past the goofy face dudes, but it is real popular, so what do I know?

#42 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

So the drops on 1975 El Dorado stayed down ball to ball?
    Man this playfield, in all its versions, has got me a little excited. Learn somethin new every day I guess.

Yeah, you can do a lot more depth in rules with single player EMs, so a game is a continuation ball to ball, just like solid state. There are a few multiplayer exceptions, the Pit Stop I mentioned being one.

Solar City wasn't a bad game to have when I was concentrating more on buying newer games, but once the short flipper EM bug hit, no long flipper EM games had any staying power any more.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/your-good-deed-for-the-day?tu=o-din and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.