Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Tomass
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

42670214_10156043507033710_5752223676325953536_o (resized).jpg

#1 5 years ago

A bum came into my work yesterday begging for money. He said he was hungry. So I threw him a bag of Cheetos I hadn't eaten with my lunch.

#2 5 years ago

Some bum gave me a bag of Cheetos and I traded him a can of Fosters beer...

#3 5 years ago

Driving the other day, I saw what looked like a wallet in the middle of the road. Yep, it was a wallet. Called the guy and he hadn’t yet realized he lost it. He had left it on the trunk of his car. Met up at a local gas station and gave it back to him. That felt good.

#4 5 years ago

Found a baby squirrel crawling across my living room floor awhile back. Guessing my cat brought it in. Found a local squirrel rescue group that nursed it back to health and released it.

#5 5 years ago

I had a similiar thing happen. Was driving with my kids and noticed a wallet in the road and cash on the side of the road. Stopped got the wallet and gathered up the cash. Called the guy's cc company to let him know that I found the wallet and gave a contact number. The credit card company got a hold of him and gave him my contact info. It was a guy in his 20's who was in town for a wedding. Same thing... put a wallet on roof of car of the groom and didn't realize he had lost it.

Ungrateful jerk wanted me to drive the wallet 45 miles to where he was at his friend's bachelor party. I told him that was a bit far and he had his girlfriend come and meet me about 10 miles from my house. No "thank you", nothing. I mean I literally canvassed the road to get the cash that fell loose (around $150) from the wallet and it was all returned to him.

I used that as two lessons to my kids - 1. You do good deeds because you should, not because you want recognition. 2. A simple "thank you" is a token of gratitude that will get you a long way in life.

#6 5 years ago

My good deed today was a guy blocking me in my parking space at a Chick-fil-A. I wait a bit trying to pull out. He's just staring intently at his phone. I hit the horn with no reaction from him, then hit it some more. He finally moves forward. There are 2 exits from the parking lot. I take the other. I've exited and am driving down the road. That SOB pulls right out in front of me, still staring at his phone. I stopped and screamed at him to put the f'ing phone down while driving. That did not feel so good, but hopefully, he puts the f'ing phone down. I suspect he won't though...

The wallet I returned had $3 in it and the guy tried to give it to me as a reward. I was just happy to make somebody's day.

#7 5 years ago

Long story short; I once picked up a guy broken down and took him to town. Several months later I broke down in almost the same spot and was grateful that someone stopped for me. Jumped in the guys truck and low and behold it was the same guy I helped before.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

My good deed today was a guy blocking me in my parking space at a Chick-fil-A. I wait a bit trying to pull out. He's just staring intently at his phone. I hit the horn with no reaction from him, then hit it some more. He finally moves forward. There are 2 exits from the parking lot. I take the other. I've exited and am driving down the road. That SOB pulls right out in front of me, still staring at his phone. I stopped and screamed at him to put the f'ing phone down while driving. That did not feel so good, but hopefully, he puts the f'ing phone down. I suspect he won't though..

So your good deed for the day was not kicking his ass or taking a baseball bat to his windshield?

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

So your good deed for the day was not kicking his ass or taking a baseball bat to his windshield?

Yeah, I guess so. Honestly, when I lose it, it kinda sticks with me for a few days. It really is better to let it go. I just fail to do that every now and then....

#10 5 years ago

I pulled out, does that count?

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

Yeah, I guess so. Honestly, when I lose it, it kinda sticks with me for a few days. It really is better to let it go. I just fail to do that every now and then...

Yeah, I drive as little as possible now.

Life is too short to get stressed out by assholes that in most cases the only way to get to them is ram them with your own truck or car.

#12 5 years ago

Smoked a big joint of og kush with my freinds

#13 5 years ago

I was at a four way stop today. I motioned the guy to my left to go,...then I went too.
    After his girlfriend hit the windshield, I was like "Sorry!" and motioned again to go ahead and go.
    I went then too.

#14 5 years ago

I offered my dog a shot of whiskey and when he rejected it I drank it

#15 5 years ago

I held the door for a woman pushing her mom in a wheelchair and then, because they were right behind them, the next couple. The woman pushing mom barely acknowledged me. Both the man and woman behind them thanked me.

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

I was at a four way stop today. I motioned the guy to my left to go,...then I went too.
    After his girlfriend hit the windshield, I was like "Sorry!" and motioned again to go ahead and go.
    I went then too.

LMAO. That's too dam funny.

#17 5 years ago

I dripped on the toilet seat ..... I wiped it up.

#18 5 years ago

I did not throttle punkasses and others that annoy me.

#19 5 years ago

I was fishing on Table Rock Lake today. A guy across the lake was waving to me for what seemed like help needed. He needed jumper cables so I gave him a jump and he took off in his boat to go get a new battery.
    Sucks to be on the lake with boat trouble.

#20 5 years ago

Donated and participated in auction for Juvenile Diabetes research.

#21 5 years ago

$5 to someone down on his luck in San Francisco today. He was not asking anyone anything, he just had a sign that read "Thank you for your kind generosity."

#22 5 years ago

The person behind me in the checkout lane was showing her partner the fancy cacao chocolate bar she was about to buy. I happened to have a coupon for a free one, and gave it to her.

#23 5 years ago

Me and my family have found cell phones that people had left by accident. Once in a amusement park and called the person and they picked it up and just this summer my daughter found one left in a bathroom in the airport. We got that one back to the owner too. Good deed today was I washed my wife's car for her.

#24 5 years ago

Helped my daughter clean out her garage & built some shelves.

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Found a baby squirrel crawling across my living room floor awhile back. Guessing my cat brought it in. Found a local squirrel rescue group that nursed it back to health and released it.

That’s what all the squirrel groups say....

#26 5 years ago

I have cut my neighbors yard several times this season as she had a sore shoulder . Try not to accept money, but she insists.
    But during winter I snow throe the drive for her and it evens out.

#27 5 years ago

Haven't subjected any innocent bystanders to me all day. I'm still in bed.

#28 5 years ago

I put down the toilet seat this morning.

#29 5 years ago

i payed $1000 for a pinball that was only worth $800

#30 5 years ago

I was in the Tim Horton's drive thru and paid for the coffee of the person in the car behind me.

After driving off, the cynic in me began thinking the cashier probably pocketed the money & charged the dude behind me in the drive thru anyways....

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I put down the toilet seat this morning.

I usually leave it up proving I did lift it.

#32 5 years ago

Went to my stepson's "Lunch with Dad day" on Wednesday at Eglin Elementary on Eglin AFB.

You don't have to be their biological father to be a dad.

42670214_10156043507033710_5752223676325953536_o (resized).jpg42670214_10156043507033710_5752223676325953536_o (resized).jpg

#33 5 years ago

Hey OD....think I might pick up my 1st em.
    What are yer thoughts on Target Alpha?
    Naw, it's not the looker that El Dorado is, but it's a 4 player and ALL THOSE FERCKIN DROPS!!
    I've been thinkin about it all day. I think I really want this machine. We'll see if he accepts my offer.

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tomass:

Long story short; I once picked up a guy broken down and took him to town. Several months later I broke down in almost the same spot and was grateful that someone stopped for me. Jumped in the guys truck and low and behold it was the same guy I helped before.

Wasn't that an episode of The Twilight Zone? It's on TZ playfield...

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Hey OD....think I might pick up my 1st em.
    What are yer thoughts on Target Alpha?

I had a Solar City for a long time which is the same game but two player, and it lasted until it started sitting next to better games with better artwork. Then it started looking out of place and was pretty well played out, so it hit the road. Once you start seeing the goofy face dudes on that and similar games, they can wear out their welcome fast.

And my good deed was going to the DMV this AM and keeping a smile on my face and saying hi to people throughout the whole ordeal.

#36 5 years ago

Uhh...yer talkin to a dude that loves his ACDC. So goofy dudes don't mean much to me lol.
    Solar City looks nice too, but neither SC or TA look as good as ED.
    But looks aside....are nailing all those DROPS as fun as it looks? I'm guessin yes.

#37 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

But looks aside....are nailing all those DROPS as fun as it looks? I'm guessin yes.

It is an accomplishment to get them all down in one ball, but they only reset after each ball is over, so every ball played is basically the same. It was cool when it was my only EM, but it couldn't hang once the EM collection started growing with superior playing games. I think I paid $500 in good shape.

On the other hand, I have a Williams Pit Stop from 1968 that has grown roots and will never leave.

#38 5 years ago

Man. Resets every ball? Since there were like 20 versions, is there one where they DON'T reset every ball? Maybe the 1984 El Dorado?
    I've never played any of these.

#39 5 years ago
    Quoted from robotron911:

I had a similiar thing happen. Was driving with my kids and noticed a wallet in the road and cash on the side of the road. Stopped got the wallet and gathered up the cash. Called the guy's cc company to let him know that I found the wallet and gave a contact number. The credit card company got a hold of him and gave him my contact info. It was a guy in his 20's who was in town for a wedding. Same thing... put a wallet on roof of car of the groom and didn't realize he had lost it.
    Ungrateful jerk wanted me to drive the wallet 45 miles to where he was at his friend's bachelor party. I told him that was a bit far and he had his girlfriend come and meet me about 10 miles from my house. No "thank you", nothing. I mean I literally canvassed the road to get the cash that fell loose (around $150) from the wallet and it was all returned to him.
    I used that as two lessons to my kids - 1. You do good deeds because you should, not because you want recognition. 2. A simple "thank you" is a token of gratitude that will get you a long way in life.

Wow what douche bags! Please dont let that stop you from helping others though because most people aren't that way.

#40 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Man. Resets every ball? Since there were like 20 versions, is there one where they DON'T reset every ball? Maybe the 1984 El Dorado?
    I've never played any of these.

The original El Dorado doesn't and had it's own special rules and is a cool theme with the Cactus targets and such. Myself, I still can't get past the goofy face dudes, but it is real popular, so what do I know?

#41 5 years ago

Not a Gordon Morrison fan I take it?
    So the drops on 1975 El Dorado stayed down ball to ball?
    Man this playfield, in all its versions, has got me a little excited. Learn somethin new every day I guess.

#42 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

So the drops on 1975 El Dorado stayed down ball to ball?
    Man this playfield, in all its versions, has got me a little excited. Learn somethin new every day I guess.

Yeah, you can do a lot more depth in rules with single player EMs, so a game is a continuation ball to ball, just like solid state. There are a few multiplayer exceptions, the Pit Stop I mentioned being one.

Solar City wasn't a bad game to have when I was concentrating more on buying newer games, but once the short flipper EM bug hit, no long flipper EM games had any staying power any more.

#43 5 years ago

How about a shout out to the techs who do many good deeds everyday right here on pinside helping us keep our games alive. Thank you guys!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/your-good-deed-for-the-day?hl=jtm3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.