• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20161126_201020 (resized).jpg
IMAG2510.jpg
image.jpg

There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 9 years ago

Harlem Globe trotters ,saw it in a newspaper add 2003,before I had the internet.brought it home in the horsefloat.kept it 5 years,wish I had it back.

#52 9 years ago

I bought High Speed as my first pin about 10 years ago, i wish i would have kept it. Fun game.

#53 9 years ago

Got On Beam as a Christmas present in 1975. Purchased Laser Cue next when I "returned" to pinball in 2012 (even though I had never quit playing the local machines outside of my house)...

#54 9 years ago

First Pin - Bride of Pinbot
Why? Buddy found a better one and I get his table scraps.

First Arcade game - Donkey Kong Jr. (Was converted into a Wonderboy)
Why? I bought it so I could learn how to work on arcade machines and I converted it back to a Donkey Kong Jr. Very noble work.

#55 9 years ago

No Fear.
IT's the one I thought it was the most bad ass of them all back when I played on the arcades.
Now it sits next to the real badasses and I only play it about 3 or 4 times a month

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from kpull:

Funhouse. Wife and I played it when we were dating in high school. Many moons ago.

nice. well thats one you wont ever sell. : P

my first one was a TAF. just a classic, worth owning. never leaving.

#57 9 years ago

Getaway HS2, an inexpensive reimport that was dirty but otherwise working and in pretty good shape. I was a huge High Speed fan and played it wherever I saw it in the late 80's, but thought that the updated DMD version would suit me better as a home machine. I missed the spinners of HS at first, but in the end I prefer Getaway's variations in game play and love its ruggedness: WPC electronics, fliptronic flippers, metal ramps and diamond plate playfield were a good solid foundation to learn the craft without too much that can go wrong. I think the coin slots are for Belgian Francs which is pretty unusual nowadays, so I left them as-is. I still have it and love it.

#58 9 years ago

Roadshow was my first pin. Loved the game and sold it. I'm trying to buy it back as we speak.

#59 9 years ago

Being a huge Doctor Who fan, Doctor Who was my first pin. I went specifically gunning for that title because, of course, I thought I would only have one pinball machine. I ended up buying it January 2012 from Brian at Retro Gamerooms in Charlotte because I liked the idea that the game would be shopped and 100% working at the time. I hardly had any idea how to take the glass off at the time whereas, now, just a couple years later I do work on other people's games including board work. Anyway, I maybe overpaid a little at the time, but it is a really nice DW and it is a sample game with the spinning Dalek head. With the pinflation, I could probably still sell for more than I bought, but this one will never leave. Just two years later, it's had 24 other pins sit beside it in the gameroom. The sickness continues...

#60 9 years ago

Eight Ball Deluxe. Was my 1st because it was free and it was in decent condition and worked 100%.

#61 9 years ago

Bought a KISS back in 98 locally. Still have it plus 4 more pins.............

#62 9 years ago

My first pin was The Getaway, played it on vpin and just couldn't get enough of it. Still a classic, even though it's gone now. I'd buy another one in really nice shape.

#63 9 years ago

Grew up with my dad's William's Full House.

But MY first pin I just got a few weeks ago...DE's Hook.

I know it's not super high ranked and gameplay is show. But I love it. Artwork is so killer. Reminds me of that movie and being 11 years old.

#64 9 years ago

Theatre of Magic -- I was a magician for a lot of years. Loved this game. Added Pinball Magic, Mystic, Hokus Pokus, Sorcerer, Mystic Marvel. Still need Goetlieb Flipper.

#65 9 years ago

My first was a TZ

Kevin M. at classic pinball in NJ had a tech working for him back in 2001ish (can't remember his name) that talked me out of a South Park and into the TZ. My buddy Scot who got me into the arcade games and pinballs (always knew I wanted a Atari tempest since i was a kid) already had a TZ but i bought it anyway. The tech talked me into the theme which i always enjoyed and he also sold me on the toys and things to do on a TZ vs. the simplistic game play and features of the South Park.

#66 9 years ago

Gorgar speaks!!!!!!!!!! Still miss it.Now I'm 8 pins deep no more room but I can't stop lookin ever!!!!

#67 9 years ago

GnR. Because it was there.

#68 9 years ago

Mine was a Grand Prix that I got in 1977 when I was 13. Thirty seven years later I still have it and will probably always keep it for sentimental reasons. I remember getting it from a local operator and having a choice between two machines. I think the other was a Royal Flush. I guess the race car theme appealed to me more.

#69 9 years ago

Shadow. I had some must-haves in mind (DMD, 2nd playfield, 3 flippers, ramps), did my homework, read a lot of reviews from pinsiders, looked at a lot of photos, and watched all the videos I could. I had never actually played one until the day I picked it up and was not disappointed. Couldn't wipe that goofy grin off my face if you tried.

#70 9 years ago

CFTBL was my first. I fell victim to the pinball bug when I was away on business 2 years ago. With little to do I discovered a small arcade with a Monster Bash. I must've played 200 games in 48 hours, my forearms were sore I played so much. I did a little research and quickly found that MB was a little too far out of my price range.

When I returned home, a buddy and I went to a spot that had a CFTBL among many other titles. I looked on craigslist that evening and found someone selling one for what seemed to be a reasonable price. I went and bought it the next day having no real idea what I was looking for or getting myself into... 20+ machines later I'm still looking for my next machine.

I sold my Creech, but to a friend - and he still owns it. Of all the machines I've owned and sold (including a MB), Creech is the only I've really missed and want to own again someday (that and a HEP restored MB).

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from domijr:

I bought High Speed as my first pin about 10 years ago, i wish i would have kept it. Fun game.

High Speed was my first! It was my favorite back when it came out so when I had a chance to buy it, I did 6 years ago. I still have it, wont be ever leaving ever. Getting ready to send it off to Firebird pinball in Phoenix for a full restoration!

#72 9 years ago

Jokerz!. It was the nostalgia factor along with a low price.

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from tp:

mine was lah, quickly followed by around 15 pins witin a year. 11 of which i still own,1 of which i bought twice. its been a rollercoaster ride. april marks my 1yr anniversary since infected. a year in which had me land my grail pin to having to pass it on within a week. a year in which i drove 10hr rd trip west only find a beat congo , turn around drive 10 hr east to find a cherry one all within around 24 hours. ayiw i brought pins home and had to hide them in the basement cuz the wife was about to kill me. ayiw i bought a building because i couldnt help to think the first floor would be great for gameroom. ayiw i discovered a pin dosnt have to be popular to be great. ayiw i discovered pinsiders are f*<k!ng fantastic. bring on year 2ap.......thats after pin for you guys on the west coast...

I still see you own LAH. It's my 5th machine to own, and I think it's a great machine, there's just something about it that has great appeal to me. It surprises a lot of people when they play it, it's much more interesting than you might think. Interesting modes to work through, including multi-ball modes, add-a-ball modes, etc. Then the big jackpot mode and double jackpot etc. Highly underrated.

#74 9 years ago

STTNG - because it was nearby and priced right. Picked it up 30 mins away for $1490 3 years ago. Sold it 2 years ago and it's back on my wishlist now

#75 9 years ago

I was fortunate that my parents bought me my first pin as shown by the receipt below. Dad was a carpenter so this was quite a bit for the time period. Zip-A-Doo was the other choice but it was $375.00 which was too much. I really fell in love with Williams Gold Rush that just came out. However, at $865.00 with tax & shipping to the distributor, it was out of the question.

IMAG2510.jpgIMAG2510.jpg
#76 9 years ago
Quoted from Voltherd:

I think the coin slots are for Belgian Francs which is pretty unusual nowadays, so I left them as-is. I still have it and love it.

You can change it to whatever you want in the menu system.

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I was fortunate that my parents bought me my first pin as shown by the receipt below. Dad was a carpenter so this was quite a bit for the time period. Zip-A-Doo was the other choice but it was $375.00 which was too much. I really fell in love with Williams Gold Rush that just came out. However, at $865.00 with tax & shipping to the distributor, it was out of the question.

Galahad FTW!

#78 9 years ago

6 pins , one more and ill have divorce papers served. ha .

#79 9 years ago

F-14 Tomcat. It was local and cheap.....and a total POS. Spent MANY months fixing it up and finding parts. Taught me ton though. Learned how to solder and how to read a wiring schematic; which was all new to me.

#80 9 years ago

Diner.
I had just played it at the local expo, and it appeared locally on Craigslist a few months later.
-mof

#81 9 years ago
Quoted from molspin:

CFTBL was my first two years ago. 20+ machines later I'm still looking for my next machine. I sold my Creech to a friend.

CFTBL was my first also, but almost 20 years ago (and I still have mine). I guess you and I are total opposites. I don't buy a pin unless it is one I want, and by want I mean want to keep and never sell.

#82 9 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

You can change it to whatever you want in the menu system.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think there is a menu that changes the printing on the coin slot plastic.

#83 9 years ago

Mata Hari. I fell in love with the artwork and the hooters.

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from Voltherd:

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think there is a menu that changes the printing on the coin slot plastic.

If WMS gets back into pin manufacturing, they will place the small, thin backlit LCD's they have in slot machine control panel buttons by each coin slot so the settings change the plastics.

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

If WMS gets back into pin manufacturing, they will place the small, thin backlit LCD's they have in slot machine control panel buttons by each coin slot so the settings change the plastics

That would be very cool, and probably a financially smart choice for global marketing, but I didn't have it on my HS2.

#86 9 years ago

Lol, no, but you can change them out. It's not like a collectors item or something.

#87 9 years ago

My first pin was Jurassic Park. It's the game that made me fall in love with pinball.

#88 9 years ago

Bally Lost World. Bought in 1996. Still have and still my favorite.

#89 9 years ago

Dr. Who being one of my favorite shows from the 80's on I just had to have the pin. Bought off ebay 2 years ago for christmas. Added the moving dalek head and did the led lighting and minor board repair and fell in love. This one I will always have. Now working on adding to my collection and jumping head first into a full restoration for Pin #2

#90 9 years ago

Iron Man, only game was available with distributor here with Shrek and I also love this movie !

#91 9 years ago

Stern Indiana Jones, have gone through 40 or so other pins since including most of the top 20 but it's still here, I know I'm in the minority but I love it, more the than Williams and a lot of others. Just goes to show you, a pinball must be played to make judgement.

#92 9 years ago

My first pinball was a pair I bought from the same guy . Jungle lord and space invaders , neither worked and I spent a few weeks reading and trying different things and replacing different parts on the boards until I succeeded !

#93 9 years ago

Monday Night Football - it was sitting out for the garbage man. Loaded it up and took it to an amusement company and had it repaired for like $189. Bought and sold 44 pins since then. Sickness......

#94 9 years ago

Twilight Zone purchased in 2008 as my first machine. I wanted one so bad after playing it for the first time.

#95 9 years ago

My first pin is Rollergames, bought it four days ago. I wanted a Steve Ritchie game as my first and Rollergames is a game of his that I absolutely love.

#96 9 years ago

Hurricane! Yes the ultimate el cheapo starter DMD pin! At the same time I also got a Stern Stampede EM which I liked as well but that was kinda a throw in on the deal. I consider Hurricane my first, & it really isn't a bad game. Sometimes I definitely miss it. A Spy Hunter soon followed that & I'll be damned if I don't miss that as well, really fun, unique & cheap game.

#97 9 years ago

Indy 500.

Had finished the basement and happened to see it listed on eBay from someone local.

Didn't know it would be the first of many.

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

ACDC pro was my first. I probably overpaid but I wanted it and I'm glad I did because it is such a fast adrenaline rushed game. I also put mods on it and it really opened my eyes to the pinball world, I'm hooked.

I guess we are the 2 rookies here.

Same story for an AC/DC Premium.

Overkill on mods because of this site and now it's an addiction.

Eat, sleep, work and think pinball

#99 9 years ago

Comet was the first pin that I bought. It was the first pin that I played when I was a kid. I love that game and I have no desire to sell it for any reason at any price.

3 years later
#100 6 years ago

F14 Tomcat was my first pin. Beat to crap and i had no real idea what to do. Slowly learned and fixed it up nice. Still have that ole girl.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms
Other
$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hickory, NC
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 90.00
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution
Pinball Machine
6,195 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Keller, TX
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plainfield, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/your-first-pin/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.