(Topic ID: 142801)

Your Favorite Scary / Suspense / Halloween Movies: Post them here!

By girloveswaffles

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 102 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by nman
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

something_wicked_this_way_comes.jpg
something_wicked_this_way_comes_(resized).jpg
friday-the-13th-movie-poster.jpg
image.jpeg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
Hannibal_zps68b6b0f9.jpg
Tomatoe_Movie_poster.jpg
3694_4bc91267017a3c57fe006d0d_1293127949.jpg
image_2.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
showimage.php.jpg
IT_movie_cover.png
There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 8 years ago

So it's almost Halloween, so tell us about your favorite scary and suspenseful movies, or even just fun Halloween themed movies here (not all the films in the topic have to be horror films!).

#2 8 years ago

p4029_p_v7_aa.jpgp4029_p_v7_aa.jpg

#3 8 years ago

Halloween 3, Season of the Witch.

When Conal Cochran wishes Dr. Challis a "Happy Halloween" in the test room, I thought was one of the coldest lines ever in a movie.

LTG : )™

#4 8 years ago

Dead Snow
What's worse than Nazi Zombies?
Not much.

DEAD-SNOW.jpgDEAD-SNOW.jpg

#5 8 years ago

House of Wax, House on Haunted Hill, Blair Witch Project, Amityville Horror, Any John Carpenter Movie.

#6 8 years ago

exorcist.jpgexorcist.jpg

#7 8 years ago

Steven Kings 'Cats Eye' scared the shit out of me when I was a kid..still does.

#8 8 years ago

I agree with LTG.... Halloween 3..... I remember in my high school days being really creeped out by that Halloween movie. Had nothing to do with Mike Myers and all... I forget the exact stupid theme but.... all I remember was them trying to get all the kids to wear the SILVER SHAMROCK mask at 9pm... "ITS TIME, boys and girls, get your masks....ITS TIME ITS TIME ITS TIME...." dunt dunt da dunt dunt da dunt dunt......."SILVER SHAMROCK" over and over and over.... then the kids brains rotted when they watched the TV with the flashing pumpkin and white light... That was cree-eee-eee-pppppp-yyyyy.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from pinnaf:

Had nothing to do with Mike Myers and all...

They wanted to do other Halloween movies, but Michael Myers fans got upset and the movies reverted back to him.

Quoted from pinnaf:

I forget the exact stupid theme

#10 8 years ago

Grew up in the 80s-90s, so I have a soft spot for Evil Dead 2, Army of Darkness, Ghostbusters, Bram Stoker's Dracula, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Beetlejuice, The Addams Family, Monster Squad.

#11 8 years ago

all good choices in fact i think i'm going to watch Halloween 3 tonight. I'd say its my favorite besides the original.

I Like to watch the universal classics or even those public domain B&W movies like City of the Dead or Carnival of Souls

But since Pixels came out this week I've been scared to even go by a Redbox.

#12 8 years ago

ThingPoster.jpgThingPoster.jpg

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Halloween 3, Season of the Witch.
When Conal Cochran wishes Dr. Challis a "Happy Halloween" in the test room, I thought was one of the coldest lines ever in a movie.

Agreed. It's not a great movie, but there's something about it that makes it very watchable. Everyone in the film is taking it very seriously which is part of its charm. Likewise, the masks are creepy and the concept is interesting. Fans will always remember it as the 'Halloween without Michael Myers,' but it's a real hoot.

2us9aon.jpg2us9aon.jpg

#14 8 years ago

great-pumpkin.jpggreat-pumpkin.jpg

#15 8 years ago

The Dario Argento flicks Suspiria and Profondo Rosso, both featuring incredible horror soundtracks by Goblin (Suspiria has better sets, Profondo Rosso better music):

Sorry, not sure how to tag content but the first one has some gore.

#16 8 years ago

This movie made me physically uncomfortable. I guess that would make it great, right?

p166552_p_v7_ae.jpgp166552_p_v7_ae.jpg

#17 8 years ago

A few of my favorites not yet listed. The Thing might be my favorite ever though.

Omen_ver4.jpgOmen_ver4.jpg
martin_poster_01.jpgmartin_poster_01.jpg
220px-Videodromeposter.jpg220px-Videodromeposter.jpg
the-descent.16220.jpgthe-descent.16220.jpg

#18 8 years ago

Rob Zombies House of 1000 Corpses for Halloween movies, My favorite. Or for an experience that will truly leave you questioning humanity "A Serbian Film".

#19 8 years ago

Besides the aforementioned "The Thing", another one of the first thrillers I saw was "The Fog"...

TheFog.jpgTheFog.jpg

#20 8 years ago

I like high on creep factor and suspense, low on gore: here's a classic that fits the bill:

TheBirds.jpgTheBirds.jpg

#21 8 years ago

Howling II
1978 Dawn of the Dead (George Romero)
Wolfman

#22 8 years ago

This movie was solid as well. Notice, I used the French version, not the watered down US one (High Tension).

High_tension_poster.jpgHigh_tension_poster.jpg

#23 8 years ago

The Shining!
Jack.jpgJack.jpg

#24 8 years ago

I watch a lot of horror, and my list is pretty long, but suffice to say if John Carpenter directed it, I'm in. I think his most underrated movies are his last two good movies: Prince Of Darkness and In The Mouth Of Madness.

Prince_Of_Darkness_Blu_Cover_6_4_13[1].jpgPrince_Of_Darkness_Blu_Cover_6_4_13[1].jpg

MOM-Poster[1].jpgMOM-Poster[1].jpg

Along with those, I have to recommend a new movie which is sort of a throwback to the JC style tension-based horror: It Follows.

11190713_ori[1].jpg11190713_ori[1].jpg

#25 8 years ago

It Follows was very good. I'm also a big fan of Prince of Darkness (love that dream video), but not so much In The Mouth of Madness.

#26 8 years ago

Funny Games is a fantastic uncomfortable/suspenseful movie. The original and English remake are shot-for-shot exactly the same, both are equally amazing.

funnyg10.jpgfunnyg10.jpg

#27 8 years ago

What was that Japanese film about the child that drown in the water tank in top of the block of flats and he was haunting the residents in the flat, kind of via the water... He/she kept appearing in different places too, just standing there soaking wet in a pool of water... that one scared the crap out of me!

Found it... Dark Water... Even the trailer on Youtube is scary:

#28 8 years ago

All of the Friday the 13th movies are lots of fun. Or Tombs of the Blind Dead

Quoted from Lockenick:

Or for an experience that will truly leave you questioning humanity "A Serbian Film".

Yep, that one was disturbing. Not really scary, just really really disturbing.

#29 8 years ago

frailty.jpgfrailty.jpg

#30 8 years ago

cabin-in-the-woods.jpgcabin-in-the-woods.jpg

#31 8 years ago

The horror...

sex_and_the_city_ver4.jpgsex_and_the_city_ver4.jpg

#32 8 years ago

#33 8 years ago

The first Halloween is my all time favorite, but a couple of lesser known great scary movies,
both from 1981... The Funhouse and My Bloody Valentine - Awesome Scary Stuff, perfect for late night
October viewing.

FH.pngFH.png
MBV.pngMBV.png

#34 8 years ago

hellraiser, alien, in the mouth of madness, the descent 1 and 2.

I watched it follows recently and that was pretty good if you want something new.

#35 8 years ago

maxresdefault.jpgmaxresdefault.jpg

#36 8 years ago

Conjuring
The exorcist
The ring is ok
Sinister
Thought I would do more modern since everyone doing newer classics

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from joelreeves:

The first Halloween is my all time favorite, but a couple of lesser known great scary movies,
both from 1981... The Funhouse and My Bloody Valentine - Awesome Scary Stuff, perfect for late night
October viewing.

Sleepaway Camp 1, Black Christmas, and Scream are some more of the best slashers with ridiculous deaths. So good.

#38 8 years ago

A70-7277.jpgA70-7277.jpg

#39 8 years ago

Whoopi Goldberg as "the world's toughest cop"?

*shudder*

#40 8 years ago

The Human Centipede will help you lose weight...you won't be hungry for awhile.

#42 8 years ago

From Beyond and Blood Sucking Freaks.

#43 8 years ago

Quatermass and the Pit (A.K.A. Five Million Years to Earth). Probably one of the best films from Hammer. Creepy as all Hell even today.

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

From Beyond and Blood Sucking Freaks.

From Beyond FTW!!

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

The Human Centipede will help you lose weight...you won't be hungry for awhile.

The 1st? or the 2nd? or the 3rd? How the hell did they make 3.... That movie after #1 made me sick. HUGE THICK LINE between Suspense vs disgusting

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

The horror...

sex_and_the_city_ver4.jpg

Why does the poster have three women and a horse on it?

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Whoopi Goldberg as "the world's toughest cop"?
*shudder*

Hey now.... Her and I have the same birthday... She be like my sister from another mother.

#49 8 years ago

Original I spit on your grave and Last house on left FTW

p51084_p_v7_aa.jpgp51084_p_v7_aa.jpg

Cassette_Display-675x883.pngCassette_Display-675x883.png

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

The 1st? or the 2nd? or the 3rd? How the hell did they make 3.... That movie after #1 made me sick. HUGE THICK LINE between Suspense vs disgusting

I only saw the 1st. That was enough.

There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/your-favorite-scary-suspense-halloween-movies-post-them-here and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.