Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Compy
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

POTC Mermaid 2 (resized).JPG
    The_King (resized).png
    3769D3EE-BF2F-4034-B1BC-78FCB6F64ED0 (resized).jpeg
    04158d442bebe9141908bd454d20659bdeb63ebc (resized).jpg
    20201125_153714 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5568 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5567 (resized).jpg
    20201028_165321 (resized).jpg
    1827BBA2-515F-4574-B721-09092DA80AF7 (resized).jpeg

#1 3 years ago

If you could only choose one, what’s the #1 upgrade you’ve added to one of your pins this year? It could be speakers to a specific game, to powder coating, to one of the countless MODs on the market, or something totally different that you think is really cool and want to share!

#2 3 years ago

Here’s mine! The new topper for MMRLE.

1827BBA2-515F-4574-B721-09092DA80AF7 (resized).jpeg1827BBA2-515F-4574-B721-09092DA80AF7 (resized).jpeg
    #3 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bmanpin:

Here’s mine! The new topper for MMRLE.[quoted image]

That topper is so cool!

#4 3 years ago

This one is easy. Twilight zone back board lcd.

20201028_165321 (resized).jpg20201028_165321 (resized).jpg
    #5 3 years ago

XL screen for MMr

#6 3 years ago

Witch 2.0

#7 3 years ago

I’ll second that if I can pick 2? Still waiting patiently for Witch 2.0...

#8 3 years ago

Mine was definitely the Color DMD for my Stern ST Pro. I went with the LED version and am glad I did--keeps the vibe of the original display yet adds such vivid, bright color.

The immersion goes up a TON, especially with how well the programming was implemented to synchronize colors with game state, modes etc.

#10 3 years ago

Lol Lloyd I hadn’t seen this before, but if I were in your shoes that would definitely be my favorite one too!

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinballJon:

Lol Lloyd I hadn’t seen this before, but if I were in your shoes that would definitely be my favorite one too!

Initially. I was having one of those crazy days. Really bizarre. Just when you think things can't get any weirder or worse you see Dave ( Mod Couple ) announcing on Pinside new mods for American Pinball's Hot Wheels. And there is an orange monkey with my initials on his butt.

A very memorable day/mod.

LTG : )

#12 3 years ago

The Elvira Mods by Medisynal. They fit right into the game seamlessly, and really bring it to the next level.

IMG_5567 (resized).jpgIMG_5567 (resized).jpgIMG_5568 (resized).jpgIMG_5568 (resized).jpg
    #13 3 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

The Elvira Mods by Medisynal. They fit right into the game seamlessly, and really bring it to the next level.[quoted image][quoted image]

Yep seconded, i love this Elvira mod. Would think it was produced by Stern its that good.

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

The Elvira Mods by Medisinyl. They fit right into the game seamlessly, and really bring it to the next level.[quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from Macca101010:

Yep seconded, i love this Elvira mod. Would think it was produced by Stern its that good.

I appreciate the positive feedback and consideration for these as mod of the year Thank you!

Just hoping for now that I make it onto the TWIPY ballot to have a chance (would be rewarding to see that alone--I know it would be hard to win).

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bmanpin:

Is this topper from the manufacturer or is it from a third party?

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from Medisinyl:

I appreciate the positive feedback and consideration for these as mod of the year Thank you!
    Just hoping for now that I make it onto the TWIPY ballot to have a chance (would be rewarding to see that alone--I know it would be hard to win).

Medisinyl got my vote

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinballJon:

Is this topper from the manufacturer or is it from a third party?

From Chicago Gaming Company for MMR.

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from freeplay3:

This one is easy. Twilight zone back board lcd.
    [quoted image]

Seconded!!!

#21 3 years ago

Recently installed a pinwoofer super kit with the 5.25” backbox speakers on my EHOH. Added a lighted speaker kit at the same time. Very pleased with the results .

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

The Elvira Mods by Medisynal. They fit right into the game seamlessly, and really bring it to the next level.[quoted image][quoted image]

Medisinyl's Elvira and TMNT mods got my vote as well.

I own both and those machines desperately needed something in those areas, and to have something not only custom made, but custom painted, for a reasonable price is a valuable service to this community.

he really went above and beyond, and is worth considering for mod of the year for the hours of dedication to his mods, customers, and threads on pinside... check them out they have hundreds of responses each, with every comment replied to, how many mod threads have that much dedication?
    04158d442bebe9141908bd454d20659bdeb63ebc (resized).jpg04158d442bebe9141908bd454d20659bdeb63ebc (resized).jpg20201125_153714 (resized).jpg20201125_153714 (resized).jpg

#23 3 years ago

The crate mod for TWD by Vimtoman, looks like it was there from the factory and interacts with the game brilliantly with lighting and a zombie that comes up from the crate. Very simple installation.

3769D3EE-BF2F-4034-B1BC-78FCB6F64ED0 (resized).jpeg3769D3EE-BF2F-4034-B1BC-78FCB6F64ED0 (resized).jpeg
    #24 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lostcause:

The crate mod for TWD by Vimtoman, looks like it was there from the factory and interacts with the game brilliantly with lighting and a zombie that comes up from the crate. Very simple installation.[quoted image]

Super cool mod that should make it on the ballot and will get a vote from me. Will eventually buy one for my game as well.

Quoted from cleanandlevel:

Medisinyl's Elvira and TMNT mods got my vote as well.
    I own both and those machines desperately needed something in those areas, and to have something not only custom made, but custom painted, for a reasonable price is a valuable service to this community.
    he really went above and beyond, and is worth considering for mod of the year for the hours of dedication to his mods, customers, and threads on pinside... check them out they have hundreds of responses each, with every comment replied to, how many mod threads have that much dedication?
    [quoted image][quoted image]

This praise may be a bit overboard, but thank you!

#25 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bmanpin:

They stole the idea from burger king.

The_King (resized).pngThe_King (resized).png
    #26 3 years ago
    Quoted from RTS:

They stole the idea from burger king.

They copied the translite - https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=4032&picno=6553&zoom=1

#27 3 years ago

I know. I was just commenting that it looks similar.

#28 3 years ago

Those EHOH mods look great! But in my mind, it's an easy choice. Handmade mods like the Medisinyl ones, but with interactive lighting effects included. Witch 2.0 by gouveia - it's another masterpiece.

#29 3 years ago

The "Areola" mermaid for POTC. It has stimulated my gameplay.

POTC Mermaid 2 (resized).JPGPOTC Mermaid 2 (resized).JPG

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

The "Areola" mermaid for POTC. It has stimulated my gameplay.

[quoted image]

Alright, I even make and ship one of the mods mentioned in this thread and this one wins hands-down.

(To all of you who spoke about the TZ interactive backboard mod, I sincerely appreciate the kind words! There are so many awesome mods in this thread, even a mention is taken to heart)

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/your-favorite-mod-upgrade-of-2020 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.