• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8d0efe4452f27a3359bf6ae0f6625904 (resized).jpg
IMG_4313 (resized).JPG
#1 5 years ago

With Iron Maiden having a fun center ramp shot, i was thinking about what other games have a great center ramp shot.

For example, Aerosmith has a great, smooth, flowing center ramp shot. NBA Fastbreak has a cool center ramp basket shot. DE Stars Wars has the fun, but easy, center ramp with the payoff of a tie fighter's roar.

In my opinion, out of the limited different pins I've played or owned, Big Hurt has the coolest and most fun center ramp. Three different paths the ball can take, rising center portion of the ramp to hit scoreboard targets, and of course the satisfying dead center home run....all oaths being actively defended by a moving baseball glove that can catch and throw the ball back at you.

I thought this could be interesting to hear the favorite center ramp shots that are your favorites.

#2 5 years ago
#3 5 years ago

Junk yard! Not a ramp so maby
Comet or game show?

#4 5 years ago

STTNG! Make it so!

#5 5 years ago

LOTR - does that count as a center ramp shot into the ring? I like that shot

#7 5 years ago

NGG slam ramp = balls everywhere plus the occasional hole-in-one

#9 5 years ago

I've played one or two balls on LOTR. Sounds like a great game and wish I could get a lot of games in on one sometime.

#10 5 years ago

Jokerz is another game with a great center ramp shot. Back in the 80s I was a video game kid, but I always love playing Jokerz at the mall arcade I worked at.

#11 5 years ago

Williams Fire middle ramp to start multiball

#12 5 years ago

LOTR and NBAFB

#13 5 years ago

The bell on acdc count?

#14 5 years ago

Bally Game Show

#15 5 years ago

IMG_4313 (resized).JPGIMG_4313 (resized).JPG

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

LOTR - does that count as a center ramp shot into the ring? I like that shot

Exactly what Maiden should have had too, too bad let down on center shot

#18 5 years ago

NBAFB, especially in Trophy Multiball.

#19 5 years ago

Space Shuttle MB shot -- you can make it with either flipper while focusing on ball control...

-mof

#21 5 years ago

Demo man is my number one

Then LOTR

I like mousin arounds center ramp too.

Fire! Is good too. Satisfying.

#23 5 years ago

Lebowski. Oh sorry I thought you said rug shot. It's a perfect bailout shot and then carom the flippers ala Old Chicago.

#24 5 years ago

Tell ya what; it feels pretty dam good setting up a 2x/3x bullseye shot for a soul shard or mummy super on Iron Maiden. I always felt like 'how the hell is there supposed to be any accuracy going for a bullseye on that target'; low and behold, 200 games later, I got it down and it sure is challenging and fun at that. I Dig it! Still think LOTR is #1 though for center ramps, but im liking maidens more and more.

#25 5 years ago

Definitely Demolition man.
Played on many machines,but this one beat all of them.

#26 5 years ago

Kiss I guess. Weird. I didn’t think Kiss had the best anything in my mind before this thread but thinking about dead center center ramps, Kiss is my favorite. Smooth, easy shot from both flippers, but not too easy like some of those halfway down the table middle ramps.

#27 5 years ago

I think that STTNG and SWDE don't have a center DEAD shot.

#29 5 years ago

Batman forever has that small metal ramp pretty much right up the center. It's a long shot and pretty satisfying to hit.
Mousin' around ramp feels too close.
Gophers jump ramp is sweet.
Earthshaker.

#30 5 years ago

TZ ( 2 for the same price!)

#31 5 years ago

ROAD KINGS

#32 5 years ago

Iron Maiden

#33 5 years ago

The theme park pin, I think it is
" Riiiiiiide the HURRICANE "

#34 5 years ago

Who Dunnit has a pretty good center ramp that feeds three different ramps depending on where you hit it.

8d0efe4452f27a3359bf6ae0f6625904 (resized).jpg8d0efe4452f27a3359bf6ae0f6625904 (resized).jpg

#35 5 years ago

Kiss for me

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Space Shuttle MB shot -- you can make it with either flipper while focusing on ball control...
-mof

Quoted from chad:

Mousin Around

Quoted from tamoore:

Batman forever has that small metal ramp pretty much right up the center. It's a long shot and pretty satisfying to hit.
Mousin' around ramp feels too close.
Gophers jump ramp is sweet.
Earthshaker.

Space Shuttle, Mousin Around, and of course Earthshakerrrrrrrrr! Although I'm biased towards those

Games I don't own...does Fish Tales count? Not a huge fan of the game but if you get in a groove on those ramps...

#37 5 years ago

BadCats

#38 5 years ago

LOTR is my favorite, with the Kiss/Aerosmith ramp next

#39 5 years ago

Not a ramp... but to me the best play field center shot "shots" toy was the time expander on Dr WHO. Nothing even close IMO.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/your-favorite-dead-center-ramp-shot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.