Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by HOOKED
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider revmex.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

So I know we've all seen the craigslist ad's where they price their item (pin) from things they've seen on eBay.
    Do you have a sentence or two that you say in an email that can tell the seller that basing off eBay is not necessarily true? You could be looking for a Gorgar but when you see it on craigslist and it reads "this pin sell for $3499 on eBay...." then you have a challenge in front of you to try to get it for $700.00. This can make the seller not want to talk to you. That's a big price difference,

Do you just walk away from the deal and monitor the ad until they realize it's not going to sell?

perhaps sending some eBay closed auctions may give you ammo to support your case?

-Rev

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from islandpinball:

I am sure some guys persuade the seller but from my experience it is real hard to get them to move to a realistic level.

I sometimes think it's best to just wait but by then someone else moved in by saying the right things.

-Rev

#10 10 years ago

sounds good GMan

-Rev

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider revmex.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/your-email-persuasion-when-popping-the-sellers-bubble?tu=revmex and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.