10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by mot
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

So as I am cleaning up the garagecade yesterday and adding super bands in red to Ac/Dc(upper flippers only) I decided might as well take a small break and play a game. What happened next was my best ball ever ended up beating my very weak high score on my first ball. Had a 110 million cannon double jackpot shot and could so no wrong. You know that video of Elwin just playing perfect well that's not me but on the lower playfield I must have hit 6-8 circles in a row and it just felt so right. I won't bore you with the rest of the game because it was not that memorable but man that one ball I won't forget anytime soon. Should have walked away then but I decided to play tron which did not go as well.

I know a ton of people probably do this kind of thing regularly but that is not me. I was nudging , and hitting combos like crazy and some insane backhand shots to orbit and cannon ramp without a cradle. Sometimes pinball is just so damn good.

Please add your stories of greatness.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 10 years ago

I had a 180M ball one on STLE, completed all of the L1 modes, all Vengeance modes, and Klingon Multiball and also hit my warp ramps past 9.9, and got an extra ball was a great ball too bad the others ball I drained quite quickly and only got 225M, lol

#3 10 years ago

I recall having a pretty awesome ball two on Party Zone. I started Happy Hour a total of five times that ball (OK, fine, some of it was from the surprise multi ball), got about 5 Million rewards from the Rock-It, and obtained the 28m replay score. Keep in mind this was after a pretty terrible ball one.

I also had a cool ball two on TSPP. Stacked up a whole bunch of modes, about 3 hurry-ups with Duffman, Couch MB, I&S MB, and 2x I&S scoring. I love that Double Super Jackpot sound!

#4 10 years ago

Funny how that " one " good single ball can leave a lasting impression! Saturday on my fishtales. First two balls totally sucked for less than 10 million total, 3rd ball I had 3 monster fish all maxed out! Aced thru video mode then got all the feeding frenzy, moved on to rock the boat and lost the ball on my 6th loop! Entire ball time and other points put me over 300 million. Went from a kick in the nuts on the first two to walking away satisfied!

#5 10 years ago

The game that I think is most conducive to having one amazing ball is Creature from the Black Lagoon. There is only one way to get a massive score, and while it's terribly difficult to do, it's so easy to keep track of your progress and know what you have to do next.

1. Spell FILM
    2. Start multiball
    3. Find the girl
    4. Rescue the girl
    5. Hit the left ramp to spell CREATURE enough times to max the multiplier
    6. Hit the jackpot
    7. Hit 25 bumpers
    8. Hit the super jackpot
    9. Go to 3 and do it all over again (yeah right!)

It's not about having a long enough game to gradually rack up 500 million points, it's about setting up one shot for 500 million and cashing in. I've only gotten a 4x jackpot and super jackpot once, but it's definitely my most satisfying pinball achievement.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/your-best-ball-ever and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.