paltrowsurfing.jpg
paltrow02.jpg
IMG_8615 3 (resized).JPG
giphy-1 (resized).png
IMG_4797 (resized).JPG
BF7111F3-1D8E-41F6-957B-14EDCA55527D (resized).jpeg
20171007_210826 (resized).jpg
20171208_223007 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wildbill327.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#92 6 years ago
Quoted from Lucysuros:

I think you are right - I can see that after mastering one I'll start hankering for another. Though, I think I have a lot of runway. I love Metallica. And I hear Batman is pretty awesome now (after its rough start).

I bought my first pin a year ago and it was Metallica so if you decide to make it #2 you won’t be disappointed. I’ve been working on my pin skills the last year and the best way to get better is to just play. Watching YouTube vids helps a lot but for understanding the game and how to attack it for a high score or to get deep in the code. Have fun play and your skills will become better in time just like any other sport or hobby. Just for the heads up I now own 4 pins and it’s only a year later so be prepared to get sucked into a crazy but awesome hobby, welcome to the club.

#134 6 years ago
Quoted from Lucysuros:

YES this is what I want - it's hard to practice a skill over and over when you also have to keep the ball in play so you're not constantly restarting the game.
Awesome on the making it into a game - r lamp r ramp for example. Will do!
Thanks so much for your advice. SO helpful.

Just keep in mind that when you login your shots to your brain a ball that’s held will shoot a little different then one that is moving. I always try to have the two different shots in my mind as I try to get into the pin zone.

#196 6 years ago
Quoted from Lucysuros:

Thank you! My two daughters are loving it too! My eldest used as a stress relief after studying this afternoon. WIN!

That’s the beauty of pinball, after a long hard days work I have my pinball room to look forward to. My wife is slowly starting to get interested in pinball and that is a cool thing, another + for pinball. So as long as you’re smiling( sometimes ) then all the cash you spent on your pin was well spent. So if our hobby draws in family and friends then it’s really hard to put a price tag on the whole experience.

2 weeks later
#225 6 years ago
Quoted from Lucysuros:

I played in Harbor Town Pub tourney last night with 17 other people and came in 12th, which was 6 places higher than I’d expected! Was super fun and the people there were so helpful and nice. Looking forward to many more ... played lots of games I’ve never played before and did the absolute worse on GOTG which I have at home. The different set up (it was way faster) completely threw me.
Thanks to all of you here who nudged me to play in tourneys. Wouldn’t have done it without your prodding!

Good for you, once you put the first one behind you the rest will get better as you become more comfortable with the tournament style of play.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

6,495 (Firm)
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 28.00
6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wildbill327.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/your-advice-for-new-female-player?tu=wildbill327 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.