paltrowsurfing.jpg
paltrow02.jpg
IMG_8615 3 (resized).JPG
giphy-1 (resized).png
IMG_4797 (resized).JPG
BF7111F3-1D8E-41F6-957B-14EDCA55527D (resized).jpeg
20171007_210826 (resized).jpg
20171208_223007 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RobKnapp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from Lucysuros:

Hi Folks!
I’m new to the pinball hobby but I’m definitely hooked and serious. My first game is being delivered tomorrow! I know there aren't as many women as men into pinball but I plan to evangelize!

Merry Christmas ! You are awesome.

1 month later
#171 6 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

I'm surprised no one has asked why a Female player, as stated in the title, is any different than a male player? Is that an insinuation that female players are different? In a day and age where women and a myriad of other genders are screaming for equality I wonder why they differentiate themselves like this.
I agree with Levi, play the game as it was meant to play. If you aren't competing and taking it too seriously I suggest just having fun.

Why has no one asked why Lucy added "Female" in her Topic title . Because it is a (free country) and we are supposed to be free thinking people . It is great the word "Female" gender specification Lucy decided to use . It lead me to read topic to see what awesome female is now playing pinball.
I have never in all my years as an operator of pinball machines through my 25 years in the business met any woman in my city who really gave as rats ass about the game of pinball. It is starting to change ever so slowly in my area . I have never had (one) repeat (one) girlfriend or female friend that I could get into the hobby of pinball . That is why personally I was jazzed when I saw Lucy started a topic about a "Female" that was getting into the hobby and is excited about it. I Think it is great that Lucy used her real name and is willing to declare her passion to the world . I say good for her and I shout Hallelujah" today . Peace , Rob Knapp

#191 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

There is no rule against using your real name. Many people who do though eventually request an avatar name change if they post enough.

I wish every one use there real name. I always do on all social media. It's great I show up in the pod cast or live streams about pinball and people say " I know that guy !! Rob he is on pinside " Or at pinball trade shows people come up to me and say " Hay Rob I know you ! Your on pinside " But TigerLaw I see your concern . Lets hope for the customary code of polite behavior in society or among members of a particular profession or group like pinside .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 28.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
$ 22.50
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RobKnapp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/your-advice-for-new-female-player?tu=RobKnapp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.