your 2 cents worth on tftc

By Ozzy

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Hello all. Would love to hear opinions /thoughts on tftc. Value,play etc etc bla bla bla. Thanks everyone

#2 7 years ago

All the Cryptkeeper's laughter will get on your nerves, unless you have a twisted sense of humor like mine.

#3 7 years ago

Great game, Data East best IMO. If it was a B/W it would be a lot pricier. I would buy one again.

#4 7 years ago

Great pin. I have a blast when I play it. I love the layout and the crazy ramps. Tons to shoot for including a couple very challenging shots. The Crypt Keeper does not bother me. I'd love to own a nice example.

#5 7 years ago

Great game ! Wish I never sold mine. Love the ramps and features like the moving tombstone. (aka Tommy mirror)

#7 7 years ago

I have people over to play my games and also play with family a lot. TFTC is def always a favorite.

#8 7 years ago

Owned multiple times. It stales over time like anything else does but it is a great title. Good design and great modes. Sounds and art are more polarizing. If you truly loved the old show and movie etc.. You should like the pinball. If you are already annoyed with the keeper or crypt style art then stay away.
Very fun for a player the theme is not for all.

#9 7 years ago

The v.4.00 ROM patch helps reduce the amount of crypt keeper laughing and adds in a whole bunch of previously unused voice calls.

#10 7 years ago

TFTC, didnt like all the laughing. This game lacks toys. I am a fan of something going on. Nicer games in this price range. Really tried to like this pin, but didnt.

#11 7 years ago

I find the game fun to play occasionally. and I mean once to twice a year occasionally. it's one of data east better titles but that's not saying much.
agree the new rom helps out the worst parts about the game.
if you dig the theme, go for it.

#12 7 years ago

I had a great example and sold it to make room for the next big thing, which was a mistake.

#13 7 years ago

Sick and twisted with a great light show, 12 creature features to play through that make you go for spinners, ramps, drop targets, and the other main elements of the game. A blast to play, never leaving my collection, would buy a 2nd one before I ever considered selling the one I have. If the crypt keepers laugh annoys you, either get the code update (get that anyway) or get better at pinball because he doesn't laugh much unless you're missing too many shots.

#14 7 years ago

One of my favourites , bought mine because it was cheap, after a restore , don't think I would part with it! The upgraded 4.0 a must!

#15 7 years ago

its fangtastic.lovin the new code too.

#16 7 years ago

I had mine for 14 years if that tells you anything.

#17 7 years ago

I owned a nice example for a couple years and it never got boring....the new code and EnergiMaestro GI board brought it to a whole new level. Hitting the ramps is satisfying, the modes were fun, enjoyed the cheesy horror theme of it, and it's a tough pin to master. The complete package pin IMO. I only sold mine bc I was offered cash I couldn't refuse (or decided not to anyway). I'd easily own it again if the situation presented itself.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 18.95
$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games

$ 18.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 64.00
£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/your-2-cents-worth-on-tftc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.