(Topic ID: 71222)

Younger (mid 20's) Pinsiders, what games do you like?

By PopBumperPete

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_2013-11-19-05-31-14.png
    lager.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider popbumperpete.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

My son has moved into a larger house and now wants to borrow some of my pinball machines
    I am hoping that not all pinsiders are 40+
    My question is for the younger (mid 20's) guys, do you enjoy playing games that are as old as you (system 11) or do you only enjoy modern Sterns?

Just trying to find the right mix of games from my collection for him to borrow.

thanks

#3 10 years ago

he is in his mid 20's, probably is that too

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from cp1610:

I fall into the young'in club here grew up playing em (because it was there in the basement) still love em. I keep playing the newer dmd machines and for what ever reason just don't get it why everybody thinks there so good. Ok yes the dmd has something to show but not 5 grand worth. Like early solid state and up until about the 2nd pin dark ages of the 90's. My only exposure to em was in peoples basement where you find 1 or 2 mostly working but sorry looking machines. Have caught the pinball fever again in the last few years and yes the cure is more pinball but need more exposure to that clicking of relays and chiming bells of em.
    I say a few early 80's Bally and Williams machines old sterns if you got them and 1or 2 Gottlieb system 1 / 80 machines just to level the field.

He is holding a Sinbad (gottlieb sys 1) for me , but he does not want to keep it
    I will give him a Stern Spiderman for sure
    I am not sure if he will enjoy a BK2000 though

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from ShredLox:

I'm pushing 30, but If you're looking at loaning multiple games I'd say go for something flow-y, something stop-and-shoot-y, and something with decent depth to the rules. Having a mix of stuff is always good. Personally I'd vote not-Sterns, as they're pretty easy to come across in the wild. Just my two cents.

Sadly here in Australia, pinball mmachinesare all in captivity

#25 10 years ago

Anyhow, thanks for all your replies
    As a collector in my late 40s, Icannot get into games built before 1970, iIlove the art, but gameplay leaves me cold

I just needed to know if the next generation felt the same about my favorite machines
    I need not have worried , you kids have great taste

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider popbumperpete.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/younger-mid-20s-pinsiders-what-games-do-you-like?tu=popbumperpete and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.