(Topic ID: 154521)

You'll be back Jack...Road Kings Fan club!!

By agodfrey

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 244 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 48 days ago by treborlicec
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 93 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20191002_194115276 (resized).jpg
RoadKings2 (resized).jpg
RoadKings1 (resized).jpg
20190615_234706 (resized).jpg
20190606_145741 (resized).jpg
roadkings2 (resized).JPG
road kings1 (resized).JPG
0A58AD75-D18D-4C9E-8F1E-25DC50E1CD3C (resized).jpeg
A2A08907-11C1-431F-8984-60C6F79ED508 (resized).jpeg
DEAD9F91-AD0C-42E6-AC4C-EC2C13596E8A (resized).jpeg
FFEC15EC-EE5C-4CEE-A070-86D7A56374AF (resized).jpeg
DAB0B250-396F-402D-8F78-B6D8D602DA14 (resized).jpeg
DFDB502C-A4BE-456A-8F14-7C9260FE6BB1 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
Road Kings - Coin door Switches (resized).jpg
IMG_20181007_224259 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pindude80.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#63 3 years ago

Hello fellow Road Kings fans! I just bought a Road Kings a few weeks ago. Agodfrey told me to join the club so here I am!

Unfortunately I'm having switch woes that I need to get straightened out before I can fully enjoy the game: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-kings-sys-11-switch-not-registering-during-gameplay

I also need some help on a missing part. I noticed someone has cut the blades off of a switch that is located at the top hole inside the right sling area. I can't find a good picture to see what I'm missing. The best I can figure out is this switch is supposed to be hooked up to something at the top of the playfield via a thin metal rod, but not sure what it's supposed to hook up to at the top of the PF so if someone can post a couple pictures that would be cool. I can post a pic later on of the area in question on mine.

#65 3 years ago

As I mentioned two posts above someone has cut a switch and I'm trying to figure out what it goes to. Below are a few pictures of the bottom and top side of the playfield. Can anyone tell me what I'm missing?

IMG_20160428_215940[1]_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160428_220003[1]_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160428_220613[1]_(resized).jpg

#66 3 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Welcome!!!! I think maybe those are the gates you're missing but hard to say. Post a pic of the area and we'll get you on the road to challenging the road kings.
As for your switch issue.....it's an odd one. I'll have to think on that!
Next time I'm in Cinci I'll hit you up, ha

Thanks for the friendly welcome, I'm glad to be here! I posted a few pics, let me know what you think, I need to get to challenging the Road Kings! lol

Yeah if you're going to be in Cincy sometime give me a shout and we can play some pin!

#74 3 years ago

Big thanks to everyone that contributed info and pics on what's missing on my game. Hopefully I can find the parts needed to get this working again.

#79 3 years ago

Can someone tell me how the y-switch assembly that I'm missing works? To me it looks like when the ball drops out of the y-ramp on the right side it drops behind this switch.

#80 3 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

Can someone tell me how the y-ramp switch assembly that I'm missing works? To me it looks like when the ball drops out of the y-ramp on the right side it drops behind this switch.

Can someone post pictures of the right exit on the Y-ramp? The pics people have provided have been helpful, but I don't have a good pic of the ramp on the game. I'm trying to figure out how the ball trips the switch when it exits the right side of the ramp.

Also, does anyone have a parts Road Kings or know someone who might so I can replace the parts I'm missing for Y-ramp exit?

Thanks!

#84 3 years ago

Breaking Dad, thanks for posting the pics. Is there a spring or something that holds that gate switch up and keeps it horizontal and not vertical? I can't figure it out looking at mine, but I'm missing parts so I can't tell.

#88 3 years ago

Nitram, thanks for posting the pics!

Quoted from agodfrey:

And the parts numbers are on that schematic I posted a bit ago.

I appreciate you posting that schematic, but the y-ramp switch assembly looks to be unavailable. I searched around and found the actual leaf switch part #, but the only place it is available is from a parts supplier in Australia I'm hoping someone that has access to a parts Road Kings can help me out with what I'm missing.

1 month later
#105 3 years ago

I need some help from my Road Kings friends. I'm still trying to figure out the problem with my right inlane switch which is the number 3. Can someone snap me a few pics of the wiring of this leaf switch from the underside of the playfield? If possible I would like to see a couple closeups and one a little farther away that shows both the right in and outlane. My Grand Lizard has a jumper wire between in and outlanes and trying to figure out if Road Kings has one I might be missing. Thanks!

1 year later
#180 1 year ago

Hey RK fans I could use some help. Recently I made a couple adjustments on my game and have gotten back to playing it. I'm trying to figure out the rules and if something is wrong with my game. When I get the collect detour arrows lit it doesn't seem like I am collecting a detour value. I am not sure if the detour is collected at the in or out lane. Regardless of if the detour value is lit or not I get 1k points at the inlane and 25k points at the outlane. The only way I see collect detour on the display is if I repeatedly hit the middle ramp, this doesn't seem right to me, is it?

#182 1 year ago
Quoted from boomgopinball:

Detour is collected on the exit of the ramp that's lit. So on the right exit it's the right inlane. On the left exit it's the left outlane. I think the center ramp switch has to register then the left or right lane for it to count so it knows it went up the center ramp then out the ramp to the lit side.

Ahhh, this makes sense! By the way the playfield is labeled it looks like it's collected by going down the outlanes only. Thanks for clearing this up for me! Now if I could only get my dang right inlane switch to work

#183 1 year ago
Quoted from boomgopinball:

Detour is collected on the exit of the ramp that's lit. So on the right exit it's the right inlane. On the left exit it's the left outlane. I think the center ramp switch has to register then the left or right lane for it to count so it knows it went up the center ramp then out the ramp to the lit side.

Ok so I just did some testing. I can consistently get the left detour value by doing as you described, but I can't get the right detour value to collect. The right ramp exit switch works because every time I drop the ball through the exit it awards points, but will not award the detour value. I think this might be related to the problem I'm having with my right inlane switch. The right inlane switch registers during switch edge test, but not during game play. The game has had this problem ever since i got it.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be going on with the right inlane switch and/or the right ramp exit? This has been driving me crazy and actually has caused me to not turn the game on for months.

8 months later
#208 1 year ago

I've been putting some plays on RK lately. The playfield is in pretty decent shape overall except for this wear spot at the right lock. It's such an eye sore. Does anyone have a scan or know how I can fix this? There is also a decent scratch under the entrance for the center ramp that you can see in the picture but it's not as visible and I might consider fixing it later depending on how the right lock repair looks.
IMG_20181007_224259 (resized).jpg

#210 1 year ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

I don't have a scan but that's not too complex. You could paint it or if you pulled stuff off and scanned it I could touch up the scan so you could print a decal.
My machine isn't in a good position to scan but if I can get it I will

I thought about trying to paint it, but I've never done a touch up before and my art "skills" are minimal at best. I would be ok pulling stuff off of it, but how do I scan it? Any help from you would be much appreciated! I really like this game and I would like to make it look better if I can.

#212 1 year ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Ideally you could use a handheld scanner. But without that I'll need a number of high res photos , well lit and taken from directly above.

Unfortunately I don't have a handheld scanner. I can take some stuff off the playfield and get you some high res photos. Can you PM me the email you want me to send them to?

Thanks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 62.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 21.00
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pindude80.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside