(Topic ID: 154521)

You'll be back Jack...Road Kings Fan club!!

By agodfrey

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 400 posts
  • 83 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by BMGfan
  • Topic is favorited by 33 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1664 (resized).jpeg
20240403_162613 (resized).jpg
pinside.899c209053ae86ea7199df83a50a50324cdd2a96 (resized).jpg
pinside.3ffce45d840dbf900cb0ee8ec94ea4c5ac5c0dfa (resized).jpg
pinside.3ffce45d840dbf900cb0ee8ec94ea4c5ac5c0dfa (1) (resized).jpg
pinside.f93733c6d6e00fd869e74cb0b2cc799fcba427b0 (resized).jpg
pinside.0f949ce2aeab2fcb5f1b0e8b382e320f6a75304e (resized).jpg
pinside.e292c41a9df48f28a7921fccb6ab3fbbd105ba13 (resized).jpg
pinside.9a4ff07ba1a156901a77abbce5f92fbbf9b58014 (resized).jpg
pinside.505e02516fdc94dad41db3447512bcfe2d1472d4 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240208_003438310 (resized).jpg
image-8 (resized).jpg
IMG-20240122-WA0002 (resized).jpg
542-9 plastic raw (resized).jpg
IMG_1371 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bertodrink1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#112 7 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Ok. everything else sold but the audio board.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/37011

Hey guys I just joined the club a few weeks ago, agodfrey thanks for the sound board. I bought it cause as soon as I got RK I lost the Background music for a sec so just in case. Broken Token actually just went through a repair on the music for a RK on their podcast, good stuff for a noob like me.

1st question my Lane Change isn't working well just seems to change whenever it feels like it. Any ideas where I should look 1st?

Thanks RK is a great game I love the music!

#114 7 years ago
Quoted from sven:

I think in Road Kings it only changes with the right flipper. If your 1-2-3-4 inserts don't change every right flip, it could be the switch at the flipper mechanism isn't closing all the time at a full stroke.

Finally got back around to RK, I checked the switch at the flipper and sure enough it just wasn't making good contact. Quick adjustment and all is good now.

Thanx!

1 year later
#176 6 years ago

Hey guys pulled my RK back out of our storage building after about 8 months I really missed it. This is a building we own not really a Storage unit, no moisture or roaches running around
Couple issues after pulling it out

1st one of the displays is dead, flipped it with a working one and moved the position and the feed is working but the display doesn't work at a working location either. I reflowed it but nothing, so if anyone has a spare display to sell please let me know.

2nd when I put the batteries in and turned it on at first it didn't boot wiggled the batteries and then it booted kind of weird the battery holder is new but was a little dirty. When it powered on I went into the settings and put it in Free Play without an issue then started playing it. Played fine for a bit but then I lost sound effects still had music. I pulled the mpu board and reflowed the board and the eprom sockets on the mpu and got the effects back but after that I started having Free Play issues. In the menu it says Free Play but now I can not change it back it will not work everytime I power it on. I press the start button and I get the no credit sound, I go back into the menu it will still say Free Play again still can't change it back just doesn't do anything only at the Free Play location all other options work just fine from what I see. If I go through the settings a few times till it resets and power it on and off a couple times it will work again but when it does work I still can't change it in the menu. Any ideas where to start troubling shooting this issue? Any help will be appreciated. Thanx

1 year later
#229 5 years ago

Are there any custom apron cards out there for RK? Anything is better than stock cards

3 weeks later
#234 5 years ago

Cool video, crazy points I could never do that.

8 months later
#246 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Thinking about making the "Y" ramp for this game this year...anyone need one? I was thinking one in a light smoked black would possibly look cool as well. I am not sure I would curl around the ramp edges though...probably just leave them flat like most other ramps.

I'd take one. Mine is OK but very yellowed

9 months later
#276 3 years ago
Quoted from vassq:

It may have been the switch . My ramp was loose on it, because I replaced the wire form. It stopped. Holy crap was that annoying.
So now I just have to get the pops working.
Thanks for the advice. Any on the pops?

There's a TNT video about that knocking on RK for a switch that hasn't worked in a while.
When I bought my RK it did the same thing, the guy actually said I don't know what that it so I'll drop the price $50. Ended up being that switch under the ramp that hadn't been hit in a while.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 22.50
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bertodrink1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/youll-be-back-jackroad-kings-fan-club?tu=bertodrink1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.