(Topic ID: 154521)

You'll be back Jack...Road Kings Fan club!!

By agodfrey

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 400 posts
  • 83 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by BMGfan
  • Topic is favorited by 33 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1664 (resized).jpeg
20240403_162613 (resized).jpg
pinside.899c209053ae86ea7199df83a50a50324cdd2a96 (resized).jpg
pinside.3ffce45d840dbf900cb0ee8ec94ea4c5ac5c0dfa (resized).jpg
pinside.3ffce45d840dbf900cb0ee8ec94ea4c5ac5c0dfa (1) (resized).jpg
pinside.f93733c6d6e00fd869e74cb0b2cc799fcba427b0 (resized).jpg
pinside.0f949ce2aeab2fcb5f1b0e8b382e320f6a75304e (resized).jpg
pinside.e292c41a9df48f28a7921fccb6ab3fbbd105ba13 (resized).jpg
pinside.9a4ff07ba1a156901a77abbce5f92fbbf9b58014 (resized).jpg
pinside.505e02516fdc94dad41db3447512bcfe2d1472d4 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240208_003438310 (resized).jpg
image-8 (resized).jpg
IMG-20240122-WA0002 (resized).jpg
542-9 plastic raw (resized).jpg
IMG_1371 (resized).jpeg
There are 400 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.
#51 8 years ago

Just got rid of RK#2 for a nice Spirit of 76'. "I'LL BE BACK JACK!!"

1 week later
#52 8 years ago

Just spoke to a guy in SW Michigan who has a NOS RK pf. Says it is in GREAT shape (NOS) but the clear has started cracking so it needs re-cleared. Which I would prob do anyway! I mean I plan on clearing my current one.

Anyway, a little out of my price range right now but if you were looking for a PREMO pf this is it. He's looking for $500 plus shipping ($50-$100). Let me me know if you want to get in touch and I can connect you.

#53 8 years ago

Let's shop this thing out!!!!

IMG_20160414_100247_(resized).jpgIMG_20160414_100247_(resized).jpg

#54 8 years ago

Hey that's a nice playfield

1 week later
#55 8 years ago

Got the next set of decals done. My schedule has been CRAZY but I hope to have them done in the next few weeks. Takes me about an hour a set to get them looking perfect and then vectorize. 5 more sets to go. Looking good though!!!

#56 8 years ago

Hey man....anywhere to play in Independence Ohio...???....gunna be there this weekend for my sons hockey tourney...Thank you...........Joey

#58 8 years ago

There are a lot of places in Cleveland (maybe 10 mins from Independence). Kid Force Collectibles is my fav. Don't forget they HAVE AN UPSTAIRS A downstairs, AND A BACK ROOM. you'll miss out if you don't stop in all of them. I think they are up to 22 games.

There are a bunch of other good places. Super electronic is great for older games ('80s and back)

16 bit is good. B side is good.....honestly there are a lot of good choices. Look on the pinside map if you're looking for a specific game. It's pretty up to date.

Ohh and Stonehenge which is maybe 25ish mins South is AWESOME!!! Close to 30 games

#59 8 years ago

None of them have the best.... Road Kings

#60 8 years ago

Bummer that kid force closes at 5pm on the weekends..... ..think I'll try Super...........Joey

#61 8 years ago

Has anybody visited this place maybe they have a Road Kings in their shop if they're still open? I was doing some minor adjustments and put a coat of wax on and noticed this....

1461519969753-811430599_(resized).jpg1461519969753-811430599_(resized).jpg

#62 8 years ago

Front_of_Ace_Cycle_World_for_web_(resized).jpgFront_of_Ace_Cycle_World_for_web_(resized).jpg

postcard-chicago-ace-cycle-world-4314-n-western-ave-1974_(resized).jpgpostcard-chicago-ace-cycle-world-4314-n-western-ave-1974_(resized).jpg

#63 7 years ago

Hello fellow Road Kings fans! I just bought a Road Kings a few weeks ago. Agodfrey told me to join the club so here I am!

Unfortunately I'm having switch woes that I need to get straightened out before I can fully enjoy the game: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/road-kings-sys-11-switch-not-registering-during-gameplay

I also need some help on a missing part. I noticed someone has cut the blades off of a switch that is located at the top hole inside the right sling area. I can't find a good picture to see what I'm missing. The best I can figure out is this switch is supposed to be hooked up to something at the top of the playfield via a thin metal rod, but not sure what it's supposed to hook up to at the top of the PF so if someone can post a couple pictures that would be cool. I can post a pic later on of the area in question on mine.

#64 7 years ago

Welcome!!!! I think maybe those are the gates you're missing but hard to say. Post a pic of the area and we'll get you on the road to challenging the road kings.

As for your switch issue.....it's an odd one. I'll have to think on that!

Next time I'm in Cinci I'll hit you up, ha

#65 7 years ago

As I mentioned two posts above someone has cut a switch and I'm trying to figure out what it goes to. Below are a few pictures of the bottom and top side of the playfield. Can anyone tell me what I'm missing?

IMG_20160428_215940[1]_(resized).jpgIMG_20160428_215940[1]_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160428_220003[1]_(resized).jpgIMG_20160428_220003[1]_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160428_220613[1]_(resized).jpgIMG_20160428_220613[1]_(resized).jpg

#66 7 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Welcome!!!! I think maybe those are the gates you're missing but hard to say. Post a pic of the area and we'll get you on the road to challenging the road kings.
As for your switch issue.....it's an odd one. I'll have to think on that!
Next time I'm in Cinci I'll hit you up, ha

Thanks for the friendly welcome, I'm glad to be here! I posted a few pics, let me know what you think, I need to get to challenging the Road Kings! lol

Yeah if you're going to be in Cincy sometime give me a shout and we can play some pin!

#67 7 years ago

Looking for a Y ramp. Anybody repopping these? BTW how do I join the club?

#68 7 years ago
Quoted from KLF:

BTW how do I join the club?

You must run down the street butt naked with your underwear on your head screaming "ROAD KINGS !! BITCHES !!"
It's a mandatory requirement & pics or it didn't happen...

#69 7 years ago

Got it. Ok so there is a switch gate that goes in that hole on the ramp so the game knows if it went out the right side of the ramp.

Let me see if I can find a pic. Mine is all apart for restoration.

Quoted from pindude80:

As I mentioned two posts above someone has cut a switch and I'm trying to figure out what it goes to. Below are a few pictures of the bottom and top side of the playfield. Can anyone tell me what I'm missing?

IMG_20160428_215940[1]_(resized).jpgIMG_20160428_220003[1]_(resized).jpgIMG_20160428_220613[1]_(resized).jpg

#70 7 years ago

Here is a part number. Y RAMP SWITCH assembly. A-11124

Ill see if I can get a real pic

Screenshot_20160429-082234_(resized).pngScreenshot_20160429-082234_(resized).png

#71 7 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

IMG_20160428_215940[1]_(resized).jpgIMG_20160428_220003[1]_(resized).jpgIMG_20160428_220613[1]_(resized).jpg

Here are a couple of pics of your missing gate (with ramp removed).

I don't know if it's obvious from the pics but the gate sits horizontally underneath the exit hole of the ramp so that it is activated by the ball when it drops through. A connecting rod attaches to the gate (you can just see it where the slingshot plastic is cut out) and goes through that hole in the playfield. Your switch should extend to underneath the hole and the connecting rod then connects to the switch and closes it when the gate is activated.

tmp_6044-P72600231979526193.JPGtmp_6044-P72600231979526193.JPG
tmp_6044-P72600261882039250.JPGtmp_6044-P72600261882039250.JPG

#72 7 years ago

Few more....let me know if you need any others.............Joey

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#73 7 years ago

Recently picked up a really nice RK recently. Got really lucky with the pickup. Got it dirty but mostly working for $800 of route, and when we opened it up we realized it had a new set of pinscore displays in it. Cleaned up beautifully, save for a single scratch on the playfield where the Mylar was cracked. Did a full Mylar removal and couldn't be happier with the results. Cab is near mint. Upgraded to full LEDs and fully shopped, plays like a champ. Only issue is the missing lane divert-er on the Y-ramp.

Only had room for 4 pins, but this one plays so well I had to make room for it and add it as a 5th pin. I have a feeling this one will be in the collection for a while...

#74 7 years ago

Big thanks to everyone that contributed info and pics on what's missing on my game. Hopefully I can find the parts needed to get this working again.

#75 7 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

Big thanks to everyone that contributed info and pics on what's missing on my game. Hopefully I can find the parts needed to get this working again.

Good luck. Let us know if we can help. I've been worried about some of those parts like the ramp diverter. Thinking if they would be reproduced....it would be cool if that was a controllable diverter but doesn't seem to be room....

#76 7 years ago

It's just a static piece.....you could make one out of many materials and would work fine..............Joey

#77 7 years ago

Well kind of static. It has that 'spring' ha

#78 7 years ago
Quoted from Guru-420:

Recently picked up a really nice RK recently. Got really lucky with the pickup. Got it dirty but mostly working for $800 of route, and when we opened it up we realized it had a new set of pinscore displays in it. Cleaned up beautifully, save for a single scratch on the playfield where the Mylar was cracked. Did a full Mylar removal and couldn't be happier with the results. Cab is near mint. Upgraded to full LEDs and fully shopped, plays like a champ. Only issue is the missing lane divert-er on the Y-ramp.
Only had room for 4 pins, but this one plays so well I had to make room for it and add it as a 5th pin. I have a feeling this one will be in the collection for a while...

Mine was off when i bought mine, luckily i found it in the cabinet, i suppose you could make one easily if someone scans theirs and emails you a word file, then you have a exact tracable size to a metal of your choosing and dremel it. One peice of advice is to use felt washers from the hardware store samwitching the diverter, it helps keep the movment smooth back and forth without letting it move from regular vibrations from the game after you tighten it. Ideally you should be able to finger drop the ball above the diverter and it should still let the ball through.

#79 7 years ago

Can someone tell me how the y-switch assembly that I'm missing works? To me it looks like when the ball drops out of the y-ramp on the right side it drops behind this switch.

#80 7 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

Can someone tell me how the y-ramp switch assembly that I'm missing works? To me it looks like when the ball drops out of the y-ramp on the right side it drops behind this switch.

Can someone post pictures of the right exit on the Y-ramp? The pics people have provided have been helpful, but I don't have a good pic of the ramp on the game. I'm trying to figure out how the ball trips the switch when it exits the right side of the ramp.

Also, does anyone have a parts Road Kings or know someone who might so I can replace the parts I'm missing for Y-ramp exit?

Thanks!

#81 7 years ago

It hits the metal bar and trips the switch underneath..............Joey

#82 7 years ago

#83 7 years ago

After looking at my last pic....I'll never buy a game based off pics....my pic makes my game look pretty nice....but in person the pf is trashed....!!!.... ..............Joey

#84 7 years ago

Breaking Dad, thanks for posting the pics. Is there a spring or something that holds that gate switch up and keeps it horizontal and not vertical? I can't figure it out looking at mine, but I'm missing parts so I can't tell.

#85 7 years ago

look here your pics

20160505_185043_(resized).jpg20160505_185043_(resized).jpg

20160505_185102_(resized).jpg20160505_185102_(resized).jpg

#86 7 years ago

And the parts numbers are on that schematic I posted a bit ago.

On another note I am more than half way through he insert decals. Soon enough!!

#87 7 years ago

that's great I am now with the playfield in progress.
need the inserts all down to one level.

#88 7 years ago

Nitram, thanks for posting the pics!

Quoted from agodfrey:

And the parts numbers are on that schematic I posted a bit ago.

I appreciate you posting that schematic, but the y-ramp switch assembly looks to be unavailable. I searched around and found the actual leaf switch part #, but the only place it is available is from a parts supplier in Australia I'm hoping someone that has access to a parts Road Kings can help me out with what I'm missing.

#89 7 years ago

I'm in touch with a guy who has a PF for sale:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/youll-be-back-jackroad-kings-fan-club#post-3034548

Looks like it has the switch on there. He might be interested in selling just have part. PM me and OI'll send you his conact info.

#90 7 years ago

the inserts all down to one level
now the clear coat

#91 7 years ago

Soon soon insert decals!!

3 weeks later
#92 7 years ago

the last clear coat sits on it
now i go put everything back on it

20160606_213051-1_(resized).jpg20160606_213051-1_(resized).jpg

#93 7 years ago

Beautiful!!! I have been intensely busy.... Wish I had gotten those decals done for you. Looks like you got some solution. Looks soooo good.

I think I have too.many projects

#94 7 years ago

On a side note. I play at least 6 games a day trying to beat the road kings. Well week days as its currently in my office

#95 7 years ago

My brother beat me to it - picked up a(n) RK for $800. Yes, I'm jealous! Sign us up for the Club! And while you're at it, if any members have any tips on how to make the right outlane more forgiving, that would be AWESOME! What is your secret technique? Is it a slap, a nudge, a strategically placed rubber...? It's killing us now ha - thanks, all! GTO

#96 7 years ago
Quoted from Nitram:

the last clear coat sits on it
now i go put everything back on it

Great! One day I'd like to get one of my Road Kings clearcoated as well...
Did it cost you a lot of time all together?

#97 7 years ago

The one way gate just out of the shooter lane can be moved a little to make the bounce a little better.

When it's by there I normally give it a bump on the right corner of the lock bar with my palm to pop it over.

That said it's still deadly!! Ha

Quoted from GregOPinball:

My brother beat me to it - picked up a(n) RK for $800. Yes, I'm jealous! Sign us up for the Club! And while you're at it, if any members have any tips on how to make the right outlane more forgiving, that would be AWESOME! What is your secret technique? Is it a slap, a nudge, a strategically placed rubber...? It's killing us now ha - thanks, all! GTO

#98 7 years ago

yes it cost a lot of time all together but it's worth it
Sven You also have a road kings who wants to be overhauled.
take your time

#99 7 years ago

We'll look into moving the one-way gate. Thanks for the advice, agodfrey! And heck yeah, that outlane is soooo deadly! It makes us swear. A LOT!

#100 7 years ago

building the playfield now the led light and rubbers

20160612_184545-1_(resized).jpg20160612_184545-1_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 400 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/youll-be-back-jackroad-kings-fan-club/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.