(Topic ID: 154521)

You'll be back Jack...Road Kings Fan club!!

By agodfrey

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 400 posts
  • 83 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by BMGfan
  • Topic is favorited by 33 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1664 (resized).jpeg
20240403_162613 (resized).jpg
pinside.899c209053ae86ea7199df83a50a50324cdd2a96 (resized).jpg
pinside.3ffce45d840dbf900cb0ee8ec94ea4c5ac5c0dfa (resized).jpg
pinside.3ffce45d840dbf900cb0ee8ec94ea4c5ac5c0dfa (1) (resized).jpg
pinside.f93733c6d6e00fd869e74cb0b2cc799fcba427b0 (resized).jpg
pinside.0f949ce2aeab2fcb5f1b0e8b382e320f6a75304e (resized).jpg
pinside.e292c41a9df48f28a7921fccb6ab3fbbd105ba13 (resized).jpg
pinside.9a4ff07ba1a156901a77abbce5f92fbbf9b58014 (resized).jpg
pinside.505e02516fdc94dad41db3447512bcfe2d1472d4 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240208_003438310 (resized).jpg
image-8 (resized).jpg
IMG-20240122-WA0002 (resized).jpg
542-9 plastic raw (resized).jpg
IMG_1371 (resized).jpeg
There are 400 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.
#1 8 years ago

After dreaming about it for over a year I bit the bullet and picked up a swweett Road Kings!

Not the most loved table....but we all know what's up when you battle the road kings!

Figured we might want a place for resources, issues, and post apocalyptic biker talk.

#2 8 years ago

Sign me up I have one too is now in restoration love the road Kings

P1070717_(resized).JPGP1070717_(resized).JPG

P1070718_(resized).JPGP1070718_(resized).JPG

P1070719_(resized).JPGP1070719_(resized).JPG

P1070720_(resized).JPGP1070720_(resized).JPG

P1070722_(resized).JPGP1070722_(resized).JPG

P1070721_(resized).JPGP1070721_(resized).JPG

#3 8 years ago

Will you be removing the mylar? It looks like nearly all the pf has been protected and looks pretty sweet underneath.

Mine was a labour of love but worth it. I though it was a pretty good pin even though it doesn't get the love.

Good luck with the project

P3140027_(resized).JPGP3140027_(resized).JPG

P3140026_(resized).JPGP3140026_(resized).JPG

#4 8 years ago

I just played one at Louisville Arcade Expo for the first time. I've always loved the artwork and sounds. A couple have come up pretty cheap but I always missed them. I wouldn't mind having one someday. They have one of the best aprons ever.

#5 8 years ago

Sweet!!!! Just got mine and I'm starting to put an order together for restoration. Might even get a restored pf...we'll see.

I've got big plans for RK!!! Working on expanding the rules via proc. When I get that setup (next few weeks) I'll post looking for suggestions!

I plan on being able to play the stock game or the new one!!!

Cool!! Keep us updated with the restore. I'll do the same.

Quoted from Nitram:

Sign me up I have one too is now in restoration love the road Kings

P1070717_(resized).JPGP1070718_(resized).JPGP1070719_(resized).JPGP1070720_(resized).JPGP1070722_(resized).JPGP1070721_(resized).JPG

#6 8 years ago

Wow. Did you do that by hand or created new decal? Beautiful. I would love to do that to mine. In talks to get a new pf but might just retore mine... Yours looks great!!

Quoted from Andy_B:

Will you be removing the mylar? It looks like nearly all the pf has been protected and looks pretty sweet underneath.
Mine was a labour of love but worth it. I though it was a pretty good pin even though it doesn't get the love.
Good luck with the project

P3140027_(resized).JPGP3140026_(resized).JPG

#7 8 years ago

Agreed. Love being able to see the frustration in my face in the apron reflection . such a fun game!!

Quoted from dmbjunky:

I just played one at Louisville Arcade Expo for the first time. I've always loved the artwork and sounds. A couple have come up pretty cheap but I always missed them. I wouldn't mind having one someday. They have one of the best aprons ever.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Wow. Did you do that by hand or created new decal? Beautiful. I would love to do that to mine. In talks to get a new pf but might just retore mine... Yours looks great!!

The grey dot shading on the cannon and the blue dot shading on the "smoke" were decals I made in a drawing program. The rest was a mixture of hand painting, spraying with frisket mask and using paint washes.

I used the paint washing when I needed to replace paint in the dithered areas on the playfield. I tried to create a decal to reproduce this effect but nothing really came close. Also, I wasn't really convinced that the decal colours for this would be strong enought to not be washed out by the paint layer underneath. Pretty much all of the pf had some sort of attention

P8170005_(resized).JPGP8170005_(resized).JPG

P3140025_(resized).JPGP3140025_(resized).JPG

#9 8 years ago

Consider me a member, pinscore displays, full led'd minus the 1251's and pops. My Childhood pinball machine. High score 8.5 mil.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#10 8 years ago

yes removing the mylar
l am looking for makrolon for to protrect the playfield
still have an extra playfield for parts:

attachment_(4)_(resized).jpgattachment_(4)_(resized).jpg

#11 8 years ago

I just keep looking at how beautiful that pf is!!! Wonderful!!! So glad to see this club catching on!

#12 8 years ago

I'm in....!!!.............Joey

#13 8 years ago

I know @nitram is redoing his machine. And I need some insert decals. Anyone in a position to hi res scan (maybe 600dpi+) the inserts and I'll vectorize them and speak to someone about getting decals made. For the most part mine are OK but would be nice to have.

Thoughts?

#14 8 years ago

Love that topper!

Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

I'm in....!!!.............Joey

image_(resized).jpg

#15 8 years ago

I have for you pm me for 600 dpi

20151230_142714_(resized).jpg20151230_142714_(resized).jpg

#16 8 years ago

Well all six of us are here.....now what...???!!!....lol...........Joey

#17 8 years ago

hahahahaha

#18 8 years ago

I have been in touch with a guy in PA selling a partially populated pf. Has the black ramp and a few plastics. Some definite flaking at the top. I was hoping to get the clear ramp, a few plastics, and some other stuff off this but everything I really want isn't there and it's rougher than mine so not worth the pf.......shame....I ALMOST want to get it but.....I can spend $175 (plus shipping) another way on my RK so let me know if anyone is interested. He's looking for $175.

noname_(resized).jpgnoname_(resized).jpg

#19 8 years ago

One of the very few system 11's I haven't owned. I wouldn't mind having one someday if the price was right,

Hey, no matter what, it's right in the middle of the awesome 80's

#20 8 years ago

Color changers in the backglass under the roadkings name look sweet, like a crazy post apocalyptic storm is brewing, it goes good with the other storm effect on the right with the 4 455's. I'll post a vid later if i remember.

#21 8 years ago

DSCN0557_(resized).JPGDSCN0557_(resized).JPG
My first one.

20150422_193223_(resized).jpg20150422_193223_(resized).jpg
My current project.

#22 8 years ago

Luv this game!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhghhhhhh.

#23 8 years ago

Love to see that!

Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Color changers in the backglass under the roadkings name look sweet, like a crazy post apocalyptic storm is brewing, it goes good with the other storm effect on the right with the 4 455's. I'll post a vid later if i remember.

#24 8 years ago

I'm in. However mine is limping along currently.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#25 8 years ago

I left mine in Ohio last year for my ma on her 90th birthday. She said it's much better than TV.

IMAG0254_-_Copy.jpgIMAG0254_-_Copy.jpg

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Love to see that!

Crap. Cant seem to post the video i took with my phone-from my phone, may ill fire up the old dinosaur PC later.

#27 8 years ago

Tell her to come on over and ill play $1 any time!!

Quoted from beepnutz:

I left mine in Ohio last year for my ma on her 90th birthday. She said it's much better than TV.

IMAG0254_-_Copy.jpg

#28 8 years ago

Ohh that's not so bad.... Maybe. How can we help?

Quoted from mswhat:

I'm in. However mine is limping along currently.

image_(resized).jpeg

#29 8 years ago

Here's a question. I know we all know and love RK. But what would you change about the rules or game play of you could.

Full disclosure....I'm working on a PRoc extension I'm calling Road Kings Apocalypse...... Also a custom game down the road based on the Z grade movie The Red Skulls. Which I have the good fortune to work on

So I'm going to prob make this happen. I have a tonnnne of ideas but I'm open to more.....

#30 8 years ago

Very cool man..........you know...I almost started this club a few times...but always said..."naa....will be too small"...but I'm glad you did....I'll get back you you on the extended rules....and look forward to seeing the movie...............Joey

#31 8 years ago

Yeah it's a small group. Only. 94 registered owners on pinside. Then I'm sure some of those are people who don't have it anymore or are parts machines. Then another cut for people into the game like we are.

So small numbers but worth it all the same. I'm in the Hook club and that one is hit or miss for content but is buzzing but bc there is a rules expansion project going on.

I see this game KIND OF like iron man. Very simple layout. But a tonne of potential!

#32 8 years ago

RK was my first pinball....I ended up selling it to RotorDave and it now sits in his massive System 11 collection in New Zealand. RK has some of the best speech callouts in pinball....the attract mode "who among you shall challenge us?" is great!!

#33 8 years ago

I love my RK! Very underestimated game IMO. Mine looks like new hehe. I like the timed lock feature, and shoot for millions!!!!! Now is FS with some other pins because I need to finance something else, but I may keep it.

#34 8 years ago

As an owner of 3 Road Kings, I count 3 times I suppose?

After starting the P-ROC Road Kings 2.0 project, I found one cheap and I bought it 'just in case' and later found another with a better playfield, and the plan is to make one of those 3 a very nice game. That's been a plan for years now though... :p. Well, maybe the next few years. Right now 2 of my 3 games I've lend to friends.

Great to see a Road Kings owners topic started, having more enthusiastic people for this game. Even better to see another remake/rewrite for the rules! It'll be a lot of work, but it's great to make a good game with nice rules on an already great layout (IMO).

#35 8 years ago

If you haven't checked it out Road Kings 2.0 is pretty cool. Inspired me:

#36 8 years ago

I thought RK 2.0 project is dead.

#37 8 years ago

It might be done but Road Kings Apocalypse is coming!!!!

#38 8 years ago

Still on vacation. Should get the inserts out asap when I get back. Also going to try to find a print place. I think the guy I've used can do clear. I'll check

#39 8 years ago

I've had one 15 years ago
Always liked the game..

#40 8 years ago

I have a go on insert decals with any ink except white. Do I think we're good

#41 8 years ago

My buddy has one, and he has it at our League location. Has a mean ball hop, but another league member pointed out that Cliffy makes a new version of the inlane guide to eliminate the hop. We are ordering some up and will install when they arrive.

In case you hadn't seen these, here's the link: http://www.passionforpinball.com/FlipFrames.htm

1 week later
#42 8 years ago

I wait for the insert decals

P1070764_(resized).JPGP1070764_(resized).JPG

#43 8 years ago

Any time now. Sorry, got busy and sick. I'll get them out as soon as possible. Anyone have a scan of the detour decal on the center drop target?

#44 8 years ago

I got a brand new unstuck drop target decal.....is this of any help.....???.............Joey

#45 8 years ago

#46 8 years ago

Joined the club... I've only played it one other time since its original release - it's awesome ! To be clear, System 11 retro awesome

#47 8 years ago

GREAT! Where did you get that? I didn't think they were made so I was going to see if I can make some.

Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

image_(resized).jpg

#48 8 years ago

Here is test sheet #1. Turned out OK.

Sheet1test_(resized).jpgSheet1test_(resized).jpg

#49 8 years ago

Would LOVE to restore this game...... But I am already in my limit for a little bit.....they always come up at the wrong time. Anyone on the NE coast or something looking to ship:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/32518

#50 8 years ago

the decals look nice keep up the good work

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 22.50
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 400 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/youll-be-back-jackroad-kings-fan-club and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.