Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 273 posts
  • 83 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Phoog
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC08865.JPG
    DSC08864.JPG
    DSC08863.JPG
    starphire_vs_reg_glass.jpg
    images.jpeg
    Sample.JPG
    32Arb11080.jpg
    Gaytime.jpg
    Glassontruck.jpg
    pinballs.jpg
    image.jpg
    20130128_175719.jpg
    20130128_175653.jpg
    20130128_175458.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rotordave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#49 11 years ago

$10,000 usd spent on glass for pinball machines?

I really don't know what to say about that ....

And that's all I have to say about that.

rd.

#55 11 years ago

Right ... I'll save you $10,000 (presuming you have 33 pins)

1/ Some of the new Sterns do reflect on the glass. Avengers is pretty bad. Austin powers was too. Get some painters masking tape and mask up one side of the Flouro tube. The side facing the translite. Cost - maybe 50c. Saving - $299.50 per machine

2/ your BW games reflecting on the glass? I can't say I have had that problem to be honest. If you do, simply remove some of the translight bulbs. A lot of these BW games have too many bulbs anyway, and they make too much heat. Remove some. Less glare, less heat. Winner.

3/ you got really carried away and put SFB LEDS in the backbox. Take them out. They look awful. 30 tiny round bright lights on your translight. GHASTLY. Replace them with frosted retro dome tops. They are more subtle and won't glare on the glass.

4/ your room lighting is all wrong. Fix it. Directional track lighting with dimmable halogen bulbs is ideal. You can dim them to a pleasant level (I like it right in the middle ... Not dark, not bright) You can direct the bulbs away from the glass. This lighting is pretty cheap .. About the same price as a couple of sheets of expensive glass.

There! I hope I have saved you all some money.

Money is hard to come by. Hang on to it as long as you can

rd.

1 week later
    #191 11 years ago
    Quoted from AbacusMan:

I might have to try one out.

What, a camping trip with Centreflank .... ?

Bring the lube!

Jk, jk ..

rd.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rotordave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-wont-even-think-of-getting-invisiglass-or-pdi?tu=rotordave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.