Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 273 posts
  • 83 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Phoog
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC08865.JPG
    DSC08864.JPG
    DSC08863.JPG
    starphire_vs_reg_glass.jpg
    images.jpeg
    Sample.JPG
    32Arb11080.jpg
    Gaytime.jpg
    Glassontruck.jpg
    pinballs.jpg
    image.jpg
    20130128_175719.jpg
    20130128_175653.jpg
    20130128_175458.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phoog.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

Pinball players ask me how my glass compares to invisiglass or PDI glass. The best answer I have is: My glass is such a huge improvement over regular pinball glass that there is no need to look any further for glass improvement for your pins.

3/16 "Super Clear" $85 each

1/4" "Bob's Ultimate" $110 each

Shipping and packaging averages out to about $50 give or take.

There is no need to spend $300 for glass!

pinballglass.com

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

So if i order 1 sheet of wide body, 1 sheet of standard ultimate, whats shipping cost? Can you ship in the same box?

I can ship 2 in one box. I'd guess the cost of shipping to be around $75 and that does include packaging. Of course it is safer to ship one at a time because I find the heavier the box is the more it gets abused by the UPS guy.

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from Marten:

Hey Phoog, with all that cash you're making with your great glass, how about a donation to Pinside?

That is pretty funny. The part about me making a lot of money off of this. I make my money off of shower doors and mirrors...also windows which suck if you ever tried fixing one. Plus I have a daughter getting ready to start college. How about you donate to that Apekop

#19 11 years ago

It's all good Apekop. You can still donate to my daughter's college fund if you want

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from minnesota13:

Is your Superclear and Bob's Ultimate glass tempered?

Yes it is tempered

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Hey Phoog, any chance your stuff shows up at TPF?

I'm not sure yet. We've been discussing this subject.

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think good glass is the best upgrade in pinball.

I agree. And I would bet that if a person has upgraded their glass to Super clear or Bob's Ultimate and someone told them they could get some different glass for $300 the answer would be "No I'm all good!"

#29 11 years ago

Thanks for the tip TigerLaw. I always appreciate a helping hand.

#33 11 years ago

Thanks Jeff! flashburn - I can ship two pieces in one box. This saves you about 30% on shipping cost.

#37 11 years ago

Markmon that is a lie. I sold him one piece for his Safecracker because it is an odd sized glass that you can't get in PDI. This guy already had overspent on PDI glass before I even came along. He is kind of a jerk in my opinion. He messaged me over and over begging me for a piece for his Safecracker and I helped him out with a good price and now he comes on here lying like he tried my glass then decided to buy 33 pieces of PDI. Markmon you just made yourself out to be a dishonest idiot.

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from thepinballworks:

og, does your glass scratch as easy as pdi glass scratchs?

No my glass does not scratch easily. And you can clean it a million times without adverse effects.

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I have no problem with you touting your product, but why do you feel the constant need to rip on your competition in the process? It's bad form.

Being a bit dramatic there aren't you gweempose. I see many people asking questions about "my competion" and I see many posts about the problems with it. I'm not in competition with anyone. I'm here to give some good people a chance to improve their glass without having to spend so much money. I think you should concentrate on your moral issues and not worry about my good form so much.

#42 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

I would recommend you don't call people liars when they can prove otherwise.

oh yea I forgot you bought that other piece. I guess I was thrown off by the lie you told when you said this:

Quoted from markmon:

I ended up ordering Pdi / invisiglass for all 33 of my machines anyway. This was done after testing your glass.

It's obvious you are a big supporter of PDI because you have spent so much with them. It's obvious you have some cash to throw around. So keep buying the glass you prefer. I don't have any desire to. I have another option and so does everybody else.

#48 11 years ago

Bob's Ultimate Glass on the left and regular glass on the right. I see a huge difference.

WP_000647.jpgWP_000647.jpg

#50 11 years ago

Bump for the late night/early morning crowd.

#75 11 years ago

I woke up to some really wonderful comments. Have a great day everyone.

#85 11 years ago

LMAO Magic Jumpi busts out the educational videos again. Ok....seems he is confused so I'll put this in non pinball terms. Say you have a 1972 Honda Civic but you want to get a better looking car. At the time you want a new car all that is available is the hugely overpriced Cadillac so you have to stay with your old Honda Civic. Suddenly a guy offers a car that is way better than the crappy car you have now and it's about a third of the price of the Caddy. Well, now it's not gonna kill you to improve your driving situation! We all know the Caddy is great and might be what you would buy if you had the money to burn but if you don't....or don't want to spend that much...you could actually get a car that is much better than the one you have now! Let me know if you need a different analogy because arguing about this is getting stupid and old.

#86 11 years ago
    Quoted from copperpot:

Phoog, if you want me to take some non-partisan actual comparison pics between your glass and standard glass, and post my unbiased review, I'll be happy to do it.

Thanks Wes.

#90 11 years ago

pinster I'll work on it for you. The pic you are referring to is of two clean new pieces of glass and on each side of the drywall pillar there is a window. It is the same conditions for both pieces but I'll get you a better picture from copperpot or someone else who is unbiased.

Magic Jumpi just relax. You're making yourself look bad. Did you even read my basic analogy? I said your product was a Cadillac. Maybe I should have said your product is a Mercedes? Ok Ok it's a Mercedes!

#91 11 years ago
    Quoted from MagicJumpi:

It's an alternative product to regular glass.

I wish I would have said this!

#93 11 years ago

gambit what'd I say? C'mon man! cut a guy some slack....

#101 11 years ago

ok well markmon did come on here and lie. He said he bought my glass and it was so bad that he went and bought 33 sheets of the other glass. If he is not lying then I guess he is someone who exaggerates to make his point seem stronger...which is lying in my eyes. And nothing he says should be credible because is he exaggerating or not? I first made this post and the first couple responses were that is was spam and that I should donate to pinside. I made a smart ass joke about the donation and I was totally joking as the smiley inflects. I have made a donation as a sign that I appreciate this site.
    As for markmon he was about the rudest person to ever order from me and also by the post above he is trying to drive business away from me which in most peoples eyes would make him a jerk. I have worked hard on getting the price to an acceptable point and I have had package material custom made and had to pay for it all up front. As for the idiot part he is just backing that up by his statement about it only coming in 1/4 inch. He bought two pieces of 3/16 from me! And he is talking about jamming a 1/4" piece in the slot. Yea that'll work well. And does he really think beveling is free and does he know the glass has to be cut, then beveled and then tempered? Most likely this has to happen in three trips at 2 to 3 locations.

It is obvious that I don't care for markmon. Not just on this subject but other pinsiders posts as well that he has commented on. It's obvious that he doesn't like me very much either. No big deal to me. I got defensive. Most people would. But, I understand how some have gotten turned off by my comments. I apologize for this and I will be better about handling people like him.

I am not apologizing in order to get more business but rather to show that I'm not a jerk. I'm really just a good guy who likes pinball and has access to glass because of my shower door business. If you have formed an opinion about me based on this forum, I ask you to reconsider.

Thank you all for listening.

#104 11 years ago

Markmon you're entitled to your opinions even if I don't agree with them at all. Have a great night. I'm happy most people won't listen and are strong enough to form there own opinions. One thing is for sure...pinball players do have their opinions on many topics. And that is a good thing.

#109 11 years ago

Of course Group hug! Thanks for the kind words. My glass is solely intended to improve on the regular glass. I never even knew about PDI, and Invisiglass wasn't even available, when I fixed up my two pins. The title of this post is supposed to imply how I feel. Because of the fact my glass is already fixed up I don't even think about glass improvement. I don't need anything better. That is all I was getting at. And the title got some people to read it and there was not a mention of a nipple or a picture of a wife in a costume (which I totally support both whole heartedly by the way)

#110 11 years ago

Bump to keep the fun alive!

#112 11 years ago

haha thanks Pinballdad!

#132 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

You won't even *think* about buying the other glass! Then you combine the thread title with his comments in this thread...need I say more?

Quoted from Phoog:

My glass is solely intended to improve on the regular glass. I never even knew about PDI, and Invisiglass wasn't even available, when I fixed up my two pins. The title of this post is supposed to imply how I feel. Because of the fact my glass is already fixed up I don't even think about glass improvement. I don't need anything better.

yea Rob T you might need to say more.

Quoted from centerflank:

Sounds like Pinrob can and is a satisfied customer, always hard to tell from pics online. I have a sheet on the way, will leave some feedback as well.

centerflank I should have your glass in a couple days. Since you ordered the 1/4" with the bevel in widebody size I had to replenish my stock in the size you needed. I'm looking forward to your review and thanks to PinRob and amiga 500 for the nice pictures. I think they are very well done and very easy to tell the difference.

#139 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Is that Phoog's glass vs. regular glass or Phoog's glass vs. PDI glass? If it is Phoog's glass vs. regular glass the difference looks pretty good in that picture

Phoog's glass vs regular glass

#144 11 years ago

It is almost like talking to a wall with some people isn't it. So rediculous.

#155 11 years ago

Nice to see The Postmaster with a valued opinion. Thank you for the kind words and it was my pleasure to donate the glass.

Here is a batch of Ultimate 1/4" with the beveled edges that I picked up today. Centerflank yours is shipping out tomorrow.

#156 11 years ago

Here is a batch of Ultimate 1/4" with the beveled edges that I picked up today. Centerflank yours is shipping out tomorrow.

Glassontruck.jpgGlassontruck.jpg

#172 11 years ago
    Quoted from Wahchintonka:

As I'm reading this thread, this is what I see

haha totally!

#174 11 years ago

lmao pincrawler! It's cool man. Your opinion is your opinion. Have a great day and stay warm.

#179 11 years ago

what in the world did I say now? I think I'm just going to go eat some crab legs and enjoy the rest of my Friday. Sorry if someone has a pet crab and gets offended.

#187 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Bob's glass is a fine product but the topic title comparison is misleading and an outright lie

It is pretty obvious the topic title is misleading to some people. Not an outright lie though. Some people do get what I mean without a problem. People have different thoughts and perceive things differently. I've already explained what I meant by the title and so have others on this thread. Yes, there are people that will spare no expense to have "the best available no matter what". And I probably would have shelled out the big bucks for the expensive stuff, as others have, except for the fact that I improved my glass so much already with a DIFFERENT option that is less expensive. I don't even think about glass improvement anymore because what I have is all I want or need in my opinion. I don't want coated glass that costs that much. I don't need it anymore. Some people do, and some people don't. Because the fact that my glass is already done, I can improve other parts of my pins. That is what the title suggests.

By the way markmon....can you tell us how much the Safecracker glass is costing you and how long the time frame is until delivery. I charged you $85 plus shipping and it took about a week to get to you. I know all of that doesn't matter in your world but cost does matter to some of us. I meant to say "Please" so I don't get another warning about being banned from this site due to being a jerk or whatever the reason is that I got my "strike one warning".

#196 11 years ago

All points well taken.

#209 11 years ago

You are welcome centerflank. I'm glad you like it!

#227 11 years ago

Show me one place where MagicJumpi gets attacked. It seems to me this thread has been a fine advertisement for PDI/Invisiglass. They should feel good about their product. I just don't want it or need it at my house for the cost difference because I have an alternative that I think looks amazing and is a Third of the price. There have been lots of ringing endorsments for their product in this discussion. Hopefully, they donate to pinside. The only one who has gotten attacked in this has been myself and Markmon. We are both big boys and can roll with it just fine.

#262 11 years ago
    Quoted from asnatlas:

Also note that Starphire glass is "softer" (lower iron) then standard float and will scratch easier...

Possibly in this modern day and age you could take a HD video of side by side scratch tests...haha! Seriously though I've never had scratching be an issue. One guy said he dropped the test piece I sent him on the tile and it bounced around without damage. This glass is tough. I've had my glass on my pins for over a year with lots of cleaning and sliding the glass in and out and balls hitting the glass and scratching is not an issue.

Magicjumpi I'm sorry you feel I'm being misleading or ignoring you. It is not the case. I'll work on getting you a video or picture to your liking but right now I'm gonna crack a cold one and catch up on some Breaking Bad. Now that is one damn good show.

4 weeks later
    #270 11 years ago

Looks great centerflank! I love seeing the glass make it on a new pin. It's like I've sent a child out into the real world and it has become a success

#273 11 years ago

I'm getting a lot of good reviews from people that have seen it in person and I'm going to have it for sale at Zapcon here in Arizona! You two should come. It is going to be a blast.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phoog.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-wont-even-think-of-getting-invisiglass-or-pdi?tu=phoog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.