Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 273 posts
  • 83 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Phoog
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC08865.JPG
    DSC08864.JPG
    DSC08863.JPG
    starphire_vs_reg_glass.jpg
    images.jpeg
    Sample.JPG
    32Arb11080.jpg
    Gaytime.jpg
    Glassontruck.jpg
    pinballs.jpg
    image.jpg
    20130128_175719.jpg
    20130128_175653.jpg
    20130128_175458.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from Phoog:

Pinball players ask me how my glass compares to invisiglass or PDI glass. The best answer I have is: My glass is such a huge improvement over regular pinball glass that there is no need to look any further for glass improvement for your pins.
    3/16 "Super Clear" $85 each
    1/4" "Bob's Ultimate" $110 each
    Shipping and packaging averages out to about $50 give or take.
    There is no need to spend $300 for glass!
    pinballglass.com

Sorry. But this is BS. I tried your glass. It is slightly better. It is not good enough. I ended up ordering Pdi / invisiglass for all 33 of my machines anyway. This was done after testing your glass. The sheet of your glass was given to a friend after. There is no comparison. Why would someone spend $7000 on a new game but cheap out go save $150 on a sheet of glass that makes worlds of difference? I can see owners of segas, and sub $2000 machines cheapening out on this. But no way on upper end games. Plus when you sell the game you keep the glass. So if your gameroom has a max size you really never buy the stuff again once you're all full.

Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

I appreciate what you do phoog! You dont have to get involved with pinball glass, as you stated your money comes from the other. Its all about having different options to chose from and phoog provides this.

If its about options then we wouldn't keep seeing these threads every couple months saying how this glass is good enough and you won't need the existence if those other options.

I will say Phoog is a good and honest guy. His shipping time is fast. He cut a special size for my safe cracker. And I have his glass on my safecracker where the invisi/Pdi isn't available. But I'm still ordering a custom safe cracker size from Joeys next order to replace it. Unfortunately, that takes months.

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Phoog,
    I have no problem with you touting your product, but why do you feel the constant need to rip on your competition in the process? It's bad form.

Yes. I only chimed in because Phoog made the comparison. Had he just said "I have some good clarity glass in between regular and Pdi buy for half the cost" I wouldn't have had to say anything. But when the comparison was made and made inaccurately, it can't be left alone. It misleads people to thinking its almost invisiglass quality for half price. It's really not the case. It's closer to a new sheet of regular glass than invisiglass.

#39 11 years ago
    Quoted from Phoog:

Markmon that is a lie. I sold him one piece for his Safecracker because it is an odd sized glass that you can't get in PDI. This guy already had overspent on PDI glass before I even came along. He is kind of a jerk in my opinion. He messaged me over and over begging me for a piece for his Safecracker and I helped him out with a good price and now he comes on here lying like he tried my glass then decided to buy 33 pieces of PDI. Markmon you just made yourself out to be a dishonest idiot.

It is not a lie. I bought a regular sized sheet from you 7 months ago when I only had ~20 sheets of the other. I did it and told you I would review it upon purchase since you were hijacking every invisiglass thread at the time. I reviewed it in detail here:
    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/phoogs-pinball-glass-vs-pdi-vs-invisiglass
    So if your glass was good enough, why did I buy 13 more sheets of the other since?

I would recommend you don't call people liars when they can prove otherwise.

#40 11 years ago
    Quoted from thepinballworks:

phoog, does your glass scratch as easy as pdi glass scratchs? I have one sheet of pdi glass and that is all i will ever have because it scratchs to easily, and is not worth the cost.

pdi glass does not scratch easier then regular glass. The issue is that it's so clear you can easily notice a scratch on it and at $300 shipped per sheet you want it to stay perfect. But to approach Pdi / invisiglass / phoogs glass as if they're somehow more fragile is wrong. They're all tempered glass.

#46 11 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

You act like PDI and IG is so awesome and it's not. Neither are all that great. Personally if you want it to look the best, just get glare guards. It's the only one that totally blocks out display glare and you don't even really know they are there. Doesn't do shit for backglass or room glare tho.

The two glasses look great because it looks like there is no glass on the machine. It's not about reducing Dmd glare. Anyone that makes this claim misses the point.

Quoted from Phoog:

oh yea I forgot you bought that other piece. I guess I was thrown off by the lie you told when you said this:

So the wording could have been better but it wasn't a lie. I reviewed your glass and proceeded to buy a crapload more of the other since. That's the point.

My other thread covers it extremely well.

#99 11 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

This was a strange thread. I was aware of Phoog's glass as a cheaper alternative to Invisiglass or PDI, but the way he comes across could deter buyers who don't want to be called 'idiots,' 'jerks,' or 'liars.' I guess I'll stick with my normal, scratched up cheap-o glass until I win the lottery.
    At any rate, IBTL.

Since I've already been called a liar, jerk, and idiot I have nothing to lose so...
    For anyone that wants Phoog quality glass without the drama there are two alternatives:

1) Gene at Illinois pinball has something similar for around $100 a sheet. Not on his website so call him. Everyone should know gene is a decent honest guy to deal with. I saw it at the Seattle show and it was at least as clear as phoogs if not better.

2) almost every local glass company can order "starfire" glass for you tempered and cut to size. Unfortunately it's 1/4" thick so it may be tough to slide in some cases. You may be able to get them to bevel the sides down to 3/16 for you if you ask.

#102 11 years ago
    Quoted from Phoog:

ok well markmon did come on here and lie. He said he bought my glass and it was so bad that he went and bought 33 sheets of the other glass.

I never said your glass was so bad. I said, and linked to a post that detailed, that I own 33 sheets of the better glass. When I had only 20 sheets I ordered one of yours to test. It didn't compare and I ended up ordering 13 more sheets of the other stuff to complete my collection.

Quoted from Phoog:

If he is not lying then I guess he is someone who exaggerates to make his point seem stronger...which is lying in my eyes.

I don't need to exaggerate. Your topic says that there is no need for the other glass. My point was to show another perspective. Your glass is nowhere near close enough to not need or want the other glass - for someone that really wants an invisiglass like product. Your post was so misleading that someone ready to buy invisiglass might have thought yours was the same. It's not. They would have been out $150 shipped and been unhappy.

Quoted from Phoog:

As for markmon he was about the rudest person to ever order from me

I was never rude to you while ordering. If i was i appologize. I don't have the exchanges in my inbox anymore but off the top of my head, our exchange was something like:
    "hey, can you do a special safe cracker sized cut?"
    "yea, what are the dimensions"
    "here they are, how much you want and where do I pay"

Boy that sounds really rude. If you consider that rude then wow anyone wanting to order beware.

Quoted from Phoog:

and also by the post above he is trying to drive business away from me which in most peoples eyes would make him a jerk.

Agreed. But since you called me a jerk I had nothing to lose so I just lived up to your expectations. Next time don't call someone names and they may not need to live up to those names

Quoted from Phoog:

And he is talking about jamming a 1/4" piece in the slot. Yea that'll work well.

Actually, in my quests to save money on the Pdi, I bought 3-5 sheets of starfire glass at 1/4". The glass fit pretty well into all my B/W games and in lord of the rings but not in my newest stern, avatar at the time. The thicker glass solved the afm sub rattles I had also. It's not as bad as you think. And I'm just offering it as an alternative. Clarity wise, it looked just like your glass. Whomever dislikes that option can use Gene at Illinois pinball. His glass was $90 a sheet at the show, I believe.

Quoted from Phoog:

It is obvious that I don't care for markmon.

Bummer. I really don't dislike you personally, other than the constant insults from you in this thread. I've had to constantly follow up your posts in every Pdi and invisiglass thread though because you have repeatedly tried to pass off your glass as equal but cheaper or so close you can't tell but cheaper. It's not fair to anyone ordering to be mislead. This is what spawned my ordering your glass to begin with. And when I placed my first order with you it was clear that I would be comparing it to the Pdi and invisiglass and reporting back publicly.

Feel free to sell your glass. It's not a bad value for what you get. But try and pass it off as even close to Pdi or invisiglass and I'll be there within the hour with massive data proving it wrong.

1 week later
    #153 11 years ago
    Quoted from Phoog:

It is almost like talking to a wall with some people isn't it. So rediculous.

Yes. And you're the wall.

#184 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

Quit bashing the guy already - I mean really - if you don't like his product then fine - but there are some that have purchased it and DO like it and it didn't cost an arm and a leg compared to the other stuff. So if you want a piece of glass that's better than standard glass this is it. If you want the HIGH end stuff then get it. But why keep trolling on his thread. What has he done to YOU that makes YOU need to keep trashing his glass.

And as long as the thread title doesn't change and the thread is active, the bashing continues as people that (like me) buy the stuff only to find they still need invisiglass chime in. Bob's glass is a fine product but the topic title comparison is misleading and an outright lie. So we can't "quit bashing the guy" as long as thus topic remains and the thread keeps being bumped.

1 week later
    #218 11 years ago

You can see the difference. It's a nice upgrade. It's just not invisiglass.

#244 11 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

We just want to see how many times you will bump this thread, asking the same question over and over again to the same results = definition of insanity.

I dunno. After reading these recent posts I'd like to see those questions answered also

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-wont-even-think-of-getting-invisiglass-or-pdi?tu=markmon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.