Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 273 posts
  • 83 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Phoog
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC08865.JPG
    DSC08864.JPG
    DSC08863.JPG
    starphire_vs_reg_glass.jpg
    images.jpeg
    Sample.JPG
    32Arb11080.jpg
    Gaytime.jpg
    Glassontruck.jpg
    pinballs.jpg
    image.jpg
    20130128_175719.jpg
    20130128_175653.jpg
    20130128_175458.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    There are 273 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
    #251 11 years ago

I guess I just don't get it.

I never new this was a real issue (glare). My games all seem to play just fine. I can see the playfield and I can see the ball......I'm Good!

Invisiglass in kind of neat.......I guess. Let's see regular glass in around $25........hmmm......I might (might) be willing to spend $40 (If I can pick it locally) for Invisiglass.

#252 11 years ago
    Quoted from MagicJumpi:

Because you can see the edges. They are covered in pinball machines as you might have noticed.

I'm sorry it's not just because of the green edges. The whole piece has a green cast to it - not just the edges.

#253 11 years ago

After all this bullshit I think the topic of this thread should be changed to....
    -
    -
    -
    "You wont even think of getting invisiglass or pdi or phoog or any glass for that matter!"

#254 11 years ago
    Quoted from thepinballworks:

Doesn't PDI glass have some kind of coating on it? That is what I was told anyway, and that is why it scratchs easily.

Can magicjumpi answer this question for me?

#256 11 years ago

So someone is embellishing/talking up something they are trying to sell? WOW I actually see this alot.
    I noticed today my Whopper did not look like the picture-BUYER BEWARE.

Quoted from MagicJumpi:

I simply can't stand it if people suggest a wrong fact to others

You are going to be very busy!

#257 11 years ago
    Quoted from ryan1234:

I noticed today my Whopper did not look like the picture-BUYER BEWARE.

Maybe it would if you put it under Phoogs, PDI or Invisiglass???

#258 11 years ago

I went to PHOOGs shop last night and took pictures "WITH MY EYES" (NOT a camera) of ALL 3 of his glass products.
    They were laid out FLAT, SIDE by SIDE by SIDE
    I purchased a sheet of ULTIMATE,because I "SAW" how much better it was (and not just because of the bevel,even though the bevel makes it even nicer)
    Not only does it look great on the machine, but I also see a slight DECREASE in backbox GLARE,which is an added benefit since I was NOT expecting ANY DIFFERENCE in GLARE
    I have never personally seen PDI or Invisiglass, but if they are THREE times BETTER than ULTIMATE, then they must be literally INVISIBLE

#259 11 years ago

In the pics posted on page three I can see the difference in the standard float glass and the starphire.

The standard float has a green-ish tint, where the the starphire is bluish and is a little more "clear".

When I was into saltwater aquariums I had a 600gal tank built out of starphire...

Maybe this will give a little better side by side:

#260 11 years ago

Standard float (left) vs Starphire (right)

starphire_vs_reg_glass.jpgstarphire_vs_reg_glass.jpg

#261 11 years ago

Also note that Starphire glass is "softer" (lower iron) then standard float and will scratch easier...

#262 11 years ago
    Quoted from asnatlas:

Also note that Starphire glass is "softer" (lower iron) then standard float and will scratch easier...

Possibly in this modern day and age you could take a HD video of side by side scratch tests...haha! Seriously though I've never had scratching be an issue. One guy said he dropped the test piece I sent him on the tile and it bounced around without damage. This glass is tough. I've had my glass on my pins for over a year with lots of cleaning and sliding the glass in and out and balls hitting the glass and scratching is not an issue.

Magicjumpi I'm sorry you feel I'm being misleading or ignoring you. It is not the case. I'll work on getting you a video or picture to your liking but right now I'm gonna crack a cold one and catch up on some Breaking Bad. Now that is one damn good show.

#263 11 years ago
    Quoted from Phoog:

now I'm gonna crack a cold one and catch up on some Breaking Bad. Now that is one damn good show.

Yes, fantastic show. However, you end a lot of your posts with basically a "I read your complaints and instead of addressing them I'm going to go do something else random".

Now, I do agree he trolled a bit hard, but it seems if you post the small comparison pics or vids he wants it will appease him. Also, it would just help in general for all your sales of the glass!

#264 11 years ago

I thought this topic was finished way back when... but it looks like there needs to be a face off btw Ultimate vs Regular green tint glass!?! Why?

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pdi-vs-bobs-ultimate-aka-phoogs-pinball-glass-face-off

Personally I have 3 PDI and 1 JJP and will be ordering 1 more sheet of JJP for T2 when the time comes because it is in stock and no need to pre-order. If I wanted save $, but wanted something better than the standard glass I would buy from Phoog. Now we have 3 price points... more options are better IMO.

#265 11 years ago

I think the problem with those videos, when comparing Phoog's glass with regular is that they are so similar. You really need to have the glass side by side to see the supposed benefit or difference. It's still pretty obvious though from the video that it doesn't make the game look better in any obvious way. The only way to appreciate the clarity of Phoog's glass is to put it against a solid light background and I don't know any pinball playfields that look like that.

#266 11 years ago
    Quoted from chocky909:

The only way to appreciate the clarity of Phoog's glass is to put it against a solid light background and I don't know any pinball playfields that look like that.

The pic above is a great comparison on how the glass is not used in a game.

Quoted from thepinballworks:

thepinballworks said:
    Doesn't PDI glass have some kind of coating on it? That is what I was told anyway, and that is why it scratchs easily.

Can magicjumpi answer this question for me?

The coating is bonded/burned into the glass.
    It's not scratching easily, you can see the scratches and fingerprints easier, because the scratch refracts the light and the area around it is clearer than with regular glass.
    This is the reason why people say it scratches easier.

#267 11 years ago
    Quoted from MagicJumpi:

The pic above is a great comparison on how the glass is not used in a game.

The coating is bonded/burned into the glass.
    It's not scratching easily, you can see the scratches and fingerprints easier, because the scratch refracts the light and the area around it is clearer than with regular glass.
    This is the reason why people say it scratches easier.

Didn't you have a thread that showed the entire process?

3 weeks later
    #269 11 years ago

Just got a really nice pic of my TZ with Phoog's ultimate glass on! Pretty sweet, Flash is on with my crappy little pocket camera!

DSC08863.JPGDSC08863.JPG DSC08864.JPGDSC08864.JPG DSC08865.JPGDSC08865.JPG

#270 11 years ago

Looks great centerflank! I love seeing the glass make it on a new pin. It's like I've sent a child out into the real world and it has become a success

#271 11 years ago

Hey Phoog,

do you have any video ready showing how your glass performs compared to a new regular glass ?

Quoted from Phoog:

I'll work on getting you a video or picture to your liking but right now I'm gonna crack a cold one and catch up on some Breaking Bad. Now that is one damn good show.

If not, could you be so kind and answer the questions for the interested ?

Why is it not possible to see a difference between a regular sheet and your non beveled glass in/on a game ?

Why is it not possible to see any green color if Invisglass or PDI glass are installed in a game ?
    Both products are made with green colored glass.

#272 11 years ago

I'm with you Magic, and Phoog's attitude and behavior has irked me in the past, but at this point it seems a little like you're beating a dead horse WITH a broken record. :-/

#273 11 years ago

I'm getting a lot of good reviews from people that have seen it in person and I'm going to have it for sale at Zapcon here in Arizona! You two should come. It is going to be a blast.

There are 273 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-wont-even-think-of-getting-invisiglass-or-pdi/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.