Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 273 posts
  • 83 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Phoog
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC08865.JPG
    DSC08864.JPG
    DSC08863.JPG
    starphire_vs_reg_glass.jpg
    images.jpeg
    Sample.JPG
    32Arb11080.jpg
    Gaytime.jpg
    Glassontruck.jpg
    pinballs.jpg
    image.jpg
    20130128_175719.jpg
    20130128_175653.jpg
    20130128_175458.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    There are 273 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
    #151 11 years ago
    Quoted from MagicJumpi:

FYI
    The first video shows a regular pinball glass on the left and a low iron oxide glass (Optiwhite) on the right.» YouTube video
    » YouTube videoThe second video shows a non glare, low glare, anti reflective glass (aka PDI in the US) glass on the left and a low iron oxide glass (Optiwhite) on the right.

Unless you hate green edges when you pull the glass out of the machine, I see absolutely no appreciable difference between this "white" glass and regular. Pass...

#152 11 years ago

I just ordered two more sheets to go along with my T2. The more I look at it next to my other pins, the more I like it. Plus I'm just starting my restore of The Getaway and want new glass anyway so what the heck.

#153 11 years ago
    Quoted from Phoog:

It is almost like talking to a wall with some people isn't it. So rediculous.

Yes. And you're the wall.

#154 11 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

If you went camping, and you woke up and your butt was sore, would you tell anyone?.......... That is a joke post!!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^I hope you comprehend

and apparently I don't want to go camping with Centerflank. Now I know where your online name comes from.

#155 11 years ago

Nice to see The Postmaster with a valued opinion. Thank you for the kind words and it was my pleasure to donate the glass.

Here is a batch of Ultimate 1/4" with the beveled edges that I picked up today. Centerflank yours is shipping out tomorrow.

#156 11 years ago

Here is a batch of Ultimate 1/4" with the beveled edges that I picked up today. Centerflank yours is shipping out tomorrow.

Glassontruck.jpgGlassontruck.jpg

#157 11 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

and apparently I don't want to go camping with Centerflank. Now I know where your online name comes from.

Well thats just fine, I got dozens of pm's from other pinsiders eager to join me next summer on my earliest camping expedition.

#158 11 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Well thats just fine, I got dozens of pm's from other pinsiders eager to join me next summer on my earliest camping expedition.

Well that explains a lot of things going on around here.

#159 11 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Well that explains a lot of things going on around here.

To bring this whole thread back full circle, we should have a competition, full blown WWF (yes, I know the name is now WWE) style:

Phoog glass vs. Invisiglass at the next Pinvitantional. If Phoog's glass wins, he may keep his style of marketing (which many are calling trolling and disinginuious); if Invisiglass wins then Phoog has to go camping with centerflank . . .

#160 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

if Invisiglass wins then Phoog has to go camping with centerflank . . .

I received my ultimate glass already, it shattered immediately and shards of it hit all my kids, see you in the spring Phoog!

#161 11 years ago

While you guys are all busy 'camping' send the wives over to my house

#162 11 years ago

Did this thread just go the way of Brokeback Mountain?

#163 11 years ago

This thread has actually gotten to be one of the funniest ones going on this site right now . . . I'm not sure what that says about my sense of humor but I'm sure it isn't anything good.

#164 11 years ago

I might have to try one out.

#165 11 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

While you guys are all busy 'camping' send the wives over to my house

Then why did you book a tent at the campground already?

#166 11 years ago

I'd highly appreciate it, if Phoog and all other owners of Phoog's glass could make a comparison
    video like I did with a very, very similar glass type, so that interested parties could imagine how the glass would look like in their machines.
    We are not judging a book by the cover and we are not judging a pinball glass leaning on a wall or laying on a white styrofoam sheet.
    I'd like to see, how it performs on or in a game face on, because this is the place where the glass will be used.
    I have used same light conditions, same angles, the same game at the same time to see a difference between a regular and a low iron oxide sheet.
    I couldn't...
    Phoog, do I have the wrong low iron oxide glass ?
    Should I try a borosilicate glass instead ?
    Mine is really so bright and clear, see here...

The contestants are: green floatglass (used in pinball games), Optiwhite (low iron oxide) and borosilicate glass
    The borosilicate glass is so pure, so clear and so bright, so why is it not used in pinball machines ?
    BECAUSE THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE IN A GAME UNLESS PROVEN OTHERWISE

#167 11 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Then why did you book a tent at the campground already?

cherrios on the laptop monitor. LOLOLOLOL

#168 11 years ago

I like all types of pinball games.

Gaytime.jpgGaytime.jpg

#169 11 years ago

As I'm reading this thread, this is what I see

32Arb11080.jpg32Arb11080.jpg

#170 11 years ago

That woudl be a great pinball game! The Jones' callouts could be epic!

#171 11 years ago
    Quoted from Wahchintonka:

BAAAA HA HA HA HA!

#172 11 years ago
    Quoted from Wahchintonka:

haha totally!

#173 11 years ago
    Quoted from MagicJumpi:

I'd highly appreciate it, if Phoog and all other owners of Phoog's glass could make a comparison
    video like I did with a very, very similar glass type, so that interested parties could imagine how the glass would look like in their machines.
    We are not judging a book by the cover and we are not judging a pinball glass leaning on a wall or laying on a white styrofoam sheet.
    I'd like to see, how it performs on or in a game face on, because this is the place where the glass will be used.
    I have used same light conditions, same angles, the same game at the same time to see a difference between a regular and a low iron oxide sheet.
    I couldn't...
    Phoog, do I have the wrong low iron oxide glass ?
    Should I try a borosilicate glass instead ?
    Mine is really so bright and clear, see here...
    » YouTube video
    The contestants are: green floatglass (used in pinball games), Optiwhite (low iron oxide) and borosilicate glass
    The borosilicate glass is so pure, so clear and so bright, so why is it not used in pinball machines ?
    BECAUSE THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE IN A GAME UNLESS PROVEN OTHERWISE

If Phoog was really interested in providing a true comparison he would have done so on the first post of his thread with exact conditions duplicated with the different types of glass. SAD REALLY. Actions speak much louder than your words Phoog!!!!

#174 11 years ago

lmao pincrawler! It's cool man. Your opinion is your opinion. Have a great day and stay warm.

#176 11 years ago

Is this over yet?

Simple, really. If you'd like to cover your machines with glass so you don't catch an airball to the gills, go with regular glass. If you'd like to have a little extra clarity with the possibility of being insulted by the seller, go with this glass.

#177 11 years ago
    Quoted from Phoog:

lmao pincrawler! It's cool man. Your opinion is your opinion. Have a great day and stay warm.

Yah, hilarious. Most people that wish to be taken seriously, would take 5 min and the different types of glass they have over to their pinball machines, and take some comparison photo's. You have spent more than 5 min on this thread ignoring genuine request for this, and calling people names. You are learing.... at least you only laughed at me this time around.

For the record, I am in the market for new and improved glass for my machine, but you will never see what my wallet looks like.

Thanks for confirming what I thought!

Have a nice day and stay warn!

#178 11 years ago

Yeah Phoog! LOL

#179 11 years ago

what in the world did I say now? I think I'm just going to go eat some crab legs and enjoy the rest of my Friday. Sorry if someone has a pet crab and gets offended.

#180 11 years ago

Quit bashing the guy already - I mean really - if you don't like his product then fine - but there are some that have purchased it and DO like it and it didn't cost an arm and a leg compared to the other stuff. So if you want a piece of glass that's better than standard glass this is it. If you want the HIGH end stuff then get it. But why keep trolling on his thread. What has he done to YOU that makes YOU need to keep trashing his glass.

#181 11 years ago

Again, nobody is offending Phoog in person and the product he's offering.
    I'm questioning his marketing attitude and the way information is provided.
    Laughing about opinions doesn't prevent that
    the community will proceed asking the same questions over and over.
    Is it that difficult to shoot a pic with Phoog's non beveled glass on one half of the machine
    and a regular sheet on the other ?
    Here's another example...
    www.networkbrokers.de/2faces.jpg

#182 11 years ago

This thread hasn't been about the quality of the glass in a long while. It is about how people present themselves.

#183 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballdad:

In fact post # 4 (Pinsider Frax) predicted it would evolve this way

Not really too proud of that being confirmed, just for the record.

Untill I see PDI, Invisiglass, and this stuff all iin the same place not really sure that I could judge it.

I'm genuinely interested in it, but not in shipping it. That's why I was posting. But yeah...this thread? Woof.

#184 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

Quit bashing the guy already - I mean really - if you don't like his product then fine - but there are some that have purchased it and DO like it and it didn't cost an arm and a leg compared to the other stuff. So if you want a piece of glass that's better than standard glass this is it. If you want the HIGH end stuff then get it. But why keep trolling on his thread. What has he done to YOU that makes YOU need to keep trashing his glass.

And as long as the thread title doesn't change and the thread is active, the bashing continues as people that (like me) buy the stuff only to find they still need invisiglass chime in. Bob's glass is a fine product but the topic title comparison is misleading and an outright lie. So we can't "quit bashing the guy" as long as thus topic remains and the thread keeps being bumped.

#185 11 years ago
    Quoted from MagicJumpi:

Again, nobody is offending Phoog in person and the product he's offering.
    I'm questioning his marketing attitude and the way information is provided.
    Laughing about opinions doesn't prevent that
    the community will proceed asking the same questions over and over.
    Is it that difficult to shoot a pic with Phoog's non beveled glass on one half of the machine
    and a regular sheet on the other ?
    Here's another example...
    http://www.networkbrokers.de/2faces.jpg

That is a very good comparison photo! Best I have seen in a while.

#186 11 years ago

Is that "regular" glass on the left and PDI on the right? That glass on the left looks smokey as hell. Is it a new sheet? Could we get a shot pulled back so we can get some kind of context for the environment in which the image was captured?

#187 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Bob's glass is a fine product but the topic title comparison is misleading and an outright lie

It is pretty obvious the topic title is misleading to some people. Not an outright lie though. Some people do get what I mean without a problem. People have different thoughts and perceive things differently. I've already explained what I meant by the title and so have others on this thread. Yes, there are people that will spare no expense to have "the best available no matter what". And I probably would have shelled out the big bucks for the expensive stuff, as others have, except for the fact that I improved my glass so much already with a DIFFERENT option that is less expensive. I don't even think about glass improvement anymore because what I have is all I want or need in my opinion. I don't want coated glass that costs that much. I don't need it anymore. Some people do, and some people don't. Because the fact that my glass is already done, I can improve other parts of my pins. That is what the title suggests.

By the way markmon....can you tell us how much the Safecracker glass is costing you and how long the time frame is until delivery. I charged you $85 plus shipping and it took about a week to get to you. I know all of that doesn't matter in your world but cost does matter to some of us. I meant to say "Please" so I don't get another warning about being banned from this site due to being a jerk or whatever the reason is that I got my "strike one warning".

#188 11 years ago
    Quoted from Phoog:

It is pretty obvious the topic title is misleading to some people. Not an outright lie though. Some people do get what I mean without a problem. People have different thoughts and perceive things differently. I've already explained what I meant by the title and so have others on this thread. Yes, there are people that will spare no expense to have "the best available no matter what". And I probably would have shelled out the big bucks for the expensive stuff, as others have, except for the fact that I improved my glass so much already with a DIFFERENT option that is less expensive. I don't even think about glass improvement anymore because what I have is all I want or need in my opinion. I don't want coated glass that costs that much. I don't need it anymore. Some people do, and some people don't. Because the fact that my glass is already done, I can improve other parts of my pins. That is what the title suggests.
    By the way markmon....can you tell us how much the Safecracker glass is costing you and how long the time frame is until delivery. I charged you $85 plus shipping and it took about a week to get to you. I know all of that doesn't matter in your world but cost does matter to some of us. I meant to say "Please" so I don't get another warning about being banned from this site due to being a jerk or whatever the reason is that I got my "strike one warning".

Phoog, please give it a rest. He clearly has not knocked your glass. He even admits it is better than regular glass and it is, however it is simply not a replacement for PDI or Invisiglass, at all. The point here is you are a bit misleading and unbecoming in your responses. All you have to do is simply state, "Hey guys I have this fantastic glass that is a great replacement for standard glass. If you are not looking to spend $300+ on PDI or Invisiglass, but still improve the clarity for your pinball glass, then my glass is perfect for you."

See, don't compare it to PDI/Invisiglass as it is in a different category, but is still way better than regular glass, we can all agree on that, and we have. I do appreciate you providing an improvement over regular glass for the pinball community and I do think your price is pretty reasonable. However, I am not thrilled in your responses. As the seller and having a business you do have to eat your pride a bit. Accept some criticism, develop from that and roll with the punches. All will be good my man.

#189 11 years ago

Paint your ceiling flat black and you'll never overspend on glass again.

#190 11 years ago

One thing in this thread is for sure, regardless of the quality of the glass or price of the glass, Phoog needs someone with some marketing expertise making a few posts on his behalf on his account. I think Phoog would generate more sales that way as his product does look good and is a cheaper (though lesser) alternative to the ubber high end glass. Phoog just seems to offend people with his way of speaking.

#191 11 years ago
    Quoted from AbacusMan:

I might have to try one out.

What, a camping trip with Centreflank .... ?

Bring the lube!

Jk, jk ..

rd.

#192 11 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

What, a camping trip with Centreflank .... ?
    Bring the lube!
    Jk, jk ..
    rd.

Bring the lube; he'll bring the GHB . . . LOL. That one joke he made shall have Centreflank branded for the remainder of his pinside existence. He should embace it though and change his avatar to a campsite dungeon.

#193 11 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

"Hey guys I have this fantastic glass that is a great replacement for standard glass. If you are not looking to spend $300+ on PDI or Invisiglass, but still improve the clarity for your pinball glass, then my glass is perfect for you."

Phoog, pay this guy $20 for copyright and just start pasting it into all your threads.

Job done.

#194 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Phoog just seems to offend people with his way of speaking.

That's why I say it is not about the glass anymore. There are too many classy people in this hobby to bother dealing with folks who have issues with their presentation.

#195 11 years ago
    Quoted from navajas:

Phoog, pay this guy $20 for copyright and just start pasting it into all your threads.
    Job done.

That would actually solve all of Phoog's image problems. No one seems to complain about his shipping time or packaging, it is just the way he speaks that rubs many the wrong way. He just needs to get someone to write up something like that and once a month start a thread with some comparison pictures with high depth cameras.

If he wanted to be totally fair, he should do the comparison of Phoog vs. regular and Phoog vs. PDI and show the price point differences and then not comment when others come in and make their own observations. His credibility and sales would both go up.

This discussion reminds me of the movie Branded (low budget, just came out, and it was awesome).

#196 11 years ago

All points well taken.

#197 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

That one joke he made shall have Centreflank branded for the remainder of his pinside existence.

Cmon man, how do you know you dont like it if you never tried it before? Ok, that was my last booty joke, enjoy!

#198 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

rubs many the wrong way

In Bob's defense, many on here go out of their way to be rubbed the wrong way. From someone giving a certain member a thumbs down for every post they make, to correcting grammer. I have been rubbed the wrong way on Pinside, and made stupid comments. It happens. I just don't keep going and going and going. Let it go. I'm trying to be a better person, and not nit pick every little thing. Life is too short. If you have a personal beef with another member, take it to the PM's, and keep it private. Don't feed the trolls.

Both sides make valid points, they have been stated many times in this thread. Don't need to keep stating them.

Bob, I like your product, I think it is a viable option, on upgrading from regular glass. I wish you would send some to MGC, as I think it would sell.

Bill

#199 11 years ago
    Quoted from navajas:

Is that "regular" glass on the left and PDI on the right? That glass on the left looks smokey as hell. Is it a new sheet? Could we get a shot pulled back so we can get some kind of context for the environment in which the image was captured?

Yes and yes.
    Windows on the left, natural light, no overhead lights.
    It is correct that under certain circumstances glass can look smokey or foggy
    The first vid was taken more than 4 years ago and shows a realistic comparison between regular
    and anti reflective glass non glare glass.

Still, posts from other Pinsiders are pushing my questions to Phoog back and they still haven't been answered.

Dear Phoog,

could you explain to me/us, as an glass industry veteran and specialist:
    What have I done wrong or what could I change in my test scenario (see page 3) that I can't see any difference between a regular sheet and a low iron oxide sheet in/on a game ?

#200 11 years ago

This thread has me confused.

Can we see a video ,in this modern age, of the ops glass. Not Pdi.

I want to know is it worth it?

I'm ready to buy a couple of sheets.

There are 273 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-wont-even-think-of-getting-invisiglass-or-pdi/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.