Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 273 posts
  • 83 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Phoog
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC08865.JPG
    DSC08864.JPG
    DSC08863.JPG
    starphire_vs_reg_glass.jpg
    images.jpeg
    Sample.JPG
    32Arb11080.jpg
    Gaytime.jpg
    Glassontruck.jpg
    pinballs.jpg
    image.jpg
    20130128_175719.jpg
    20130128_175653.jpg
    20130128_175458.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

There are 273 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
    #1 11 years ago

Pinball players ask me how my glass compares to invisiglass or PDI glass. The best answer I have is: My glass is such a huge improvement over regular pinball glass that there is no need to look any further for glass improvement for your pins.

3/16 "Super Clear" $85 each

1/4" "Bob's Ultimate" $110 each

Shipping and packaging averages out to about $50 give or take.

There is no need to spend $300 for glass!

pinballglass.com

#2 11 years ago

Lol

This smells like spam.

#3 11 years ago

It's a need vs want thing I guess man. Your stuff is better than plain glass, but not equal to invisiglass. It's a happy medium. But Jack occasionally runs these specials which brings invisiglass below $200, which is what slowed me down on yours. You get a big thumbs up from me for providing an alternative.

#4 11 years ago

Here we go again. Like WOZ threads, these threads always come up interesting in the end.

Hey Phoog, any chance your stuff shows up at TPF?

#6 11 years ago

How bout some pics?

#7 11 years ago

You should try to work out a deal with one of the parts vendors to get the word out. Even if everything is drop shipped to start. Good luck as $100 sounds way better than the other stuff.

#8 11 years ago

Oh wait, you wouldn't be able to see anything.

I need a glass for my TAF

#9 11 years ago

I bought a sheet of just regular glass from phoog for $35 and it is a very clear glass. No green tint on edges, makes my pin look as if theres no glass. Is regular tempered glass suppose to have green tint edging? If so, I know phoog's does not and adds to the clarity of the glass. I'am happy with my purchase.

#10 11 years ago

I feel like premium glass is what we buy when there is nothing left to buy

#11 11 years ago

So if i order 1 sheet of wide body, 1 sheet of standard ultimate, whats shipping cost? Can you ship in the same box?

#12 11 years ago

Hey Phoog, with all that cash you're making with your great glass, how about a donation to Pinside?

#13 11 years ago

we need an improvement to PDI and invisiglass, currently that stuff does not perform the way the price suggests it does. If yours performs the same, your getting in the ballpark of Performance vs. price area. more than the other 2 anyway.

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

So if i order 1 sheet of wide body, 1 sheet of standard ultimate, whats shipping cost? Can you ship in the same box?

I can ship 2 in one box. I'd guess the cost of shipping to be around $75 and that does include packaging. Of course it is safer to ship one at a time because I find the heavier the box is the more it gets abused by the UPS guy.

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from Marten:

Hey Phoog, with all that cash you're making with your great glass, how about a donation to Pinside?

That is pretty funny. The part about me making a lot of money off of this. I make my money off of shower doors and mirrors...also windows which suck if you ever tried fixing one. Plus I have a daughter getting ready to start college. How about you donate to that Apekop

#16 11 years ago

Phoog, you advertise here, may be a good idea to make a small donation as a gesture to potential customer bases.

I do like the product. Cost affective alternative indeed.

Rick. "I'm gonna have me some fun." #190

#17 11 years ago

+1. I'm a vendor as well and donated. Most forums make you PAY to advertise. Some of them 2 and 3 hundred a month.

It goes a long way.

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from Phoog:

That is pretty funny. The part about me making a lot of money off of this. I make my money off of shower doors and mirrors...also windows which suck if you ever tried fixing one. Plus I have a daughter getting ready to start college. How about you donate to that Apekop

The "all that cash" remark came with a smiley. I'm sorry you missed that. Didn't mean to offend you.
    It's just that giving a donation shows you're giving back to the community.
    Always a good thing for a business IMHO.

#19 11 years ago

It's all good Apekop. You can still donate to my daughter's college fund if you want

#20 11 years ago

I'd be interested, if it wasn't for the shipping. It just kills it for me. Hooking up with PinballLife would make it a bit more palatable shipping costs wise, especially if ordering a bunch of stuff at the same time.

#21 11 years ago

I have never seen your glass, but I have compared Invisiglass next to PDI glass. My option is that PDI is better but comes with that price tag. However, I will take a look at it and see if it works for me and what I like. Thanks

#22 11 years ago

Phoog,

Is your Superclear and Bob's Ultimate glass tempered?

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from minnesota13:

Is your Superclear and Bob's Ultimate glass tempered?

Yes it is tempered

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Hey Phoog, any chance your stuff shows up at TPF?

I'm not sure yet. We've been discussing this subject.

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from Anim8ormatt:

I feel like premium glass is what we buy when there is nothing left to buy

I think good glass is the best upgrade in pinball. Even better than a shaker motor. It is certainly one of the few "performance" upgrades.

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from Phoog:

I'm not sure yet. We've been discussing this subject.

What would be great advertisement for your glass Phoog would be if it went standard on the Predator machines. They are selling 250 machines mostly to pinsiders and I would guess, but obviously don't know, that they haven't shopped who their glass supplier is going to be yet.

You should contact Skip-B and see if you could be the exclusive glass supplier to predator pinball. Would be a great way for you to show off your high end glass.

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

What would be great advertisement for your glass Phoog would be if it went standard on the Predator machines. They are selling 250 machines mostly to pinsiders and I would guess, but obviously don't know, that they haven't shopped who their glass supplier is going to be yet.
    You should contact Skip-B and see if you could be the exclusive glass supplier to Predator pinball. Would be a great way for you to show off your high end glass.

Now THAT is a good idea. I *think* they have some room in their budget for extras, if they haven't already allocated it to other things.

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think good glass is the best upgrade in pinball.

I agree. And I would bet that if a person has upgraded their glass to Super clear or Bob's Ultimate and someone told them they could get some different glass for $300 the answer would be "No I'm all good!"

#29 11 years ago

Thanks for the tip TigerLaw. I always appreciate a helping hand.

#30 11 years ago

Is shipping basically $50 per sheet, no matter how many sheets? I think if you could do a 2 for 1 on the shipping, it'd get a lot more interest.

#31 11 years ago

I appreciate what you do phoog! You dont have to get involved with pinball glass, as you stated your money comes from the other. Its all about having different options to chose from and phoog provides this.

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from Phoog:

Pinball players ask me how my glass compares to invisiglass or PDI glass. The best answer I have is: My glass is such a huge improvement over regular pinball glass that there is no need to look any further for glass improvement for your pins.
    pinballglass.com

Sorry. But this is BS. I tried your glass. It is slightly better. It is not good enough. I ended up ordering Pdi / invisiglass for all 33 of my machines anyway. This was done after testing your glass. The sheet of your glass was given to a friend after. There is no comparison. Why would someone spend $7000 on a new game but cheap out go save $150 on a sheet of glass that makes worlds of difference? I can see owners of segas, and sub $2000 machines cheapening out on this. But no way on upper end games. Plus when you sell the game you keep the glass. So if your gameroom has a max size you really never buy the stuff again once you're all full.

Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

I appreciate what you do phoog! You dont have to get involved with pinball glass, as you stated your money comes from the other. Its all about having different options to chose from and phoog provides this.

If its about options then we wouldn't keep seeing these threads every couple months saying how this glass is good enough and you won't need the existence if those other options.

I will say Phoog is a good and honest guy. His shipping time is fast. He cut a special size for my safe cracker. And I have his glass on my safecracker where the invisi/Pdi isn't available. But I'm still ordering a custom safe cracker size from Joeys next order to replace it. Unfortunately, that takes months.

#33 11 years ago

Thanks Jeff! flashburn - I can ship two pieces in one box. This saves you about 30% on shipping cost.

#34 11 years ago

Phoog,

I have no problem with you touting your product, but why do you feel the constant need to rip on your competition in the process? It's bad form.

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Phoog,
    I have no problem with you touting your product, but why do you feel the constant need to rip on your competition in the process? It's bad form.

Yes. I only chimed in because Phoog made the comparison. Had he just said "I have some good clarity glass in between regular and Pdi buy for half the cost" I wouldn't have had to say anything. But when the comparison was made and made inaccurately, it can't be left alone. It misleads people to thinking its almost invisiglass quality for half price. It's really not the case. It's closer to a new sheet of regular glass than invisiglass.

#36 11 years ago

phoog, does your glass scratch as easy as pdi glass scratchs? I have one sheet of pdi glass and that is all i will ever have because it scratchs to easily, and is not worth the cost.

#37 11 years ago

Markmon that is a lie. I sold him one piece for his Safecracker because it is an odd sized glass that you can't get in PDI. This guy already had overspent on PDI glass before I even came along. He is kind of a jerk in my opinion. He messaged me over and over begging me for a piece for his Safecracker and I helped him out with a good price and now he comes on here lying like he tried my glass then decided to buy 33 pieces of PDI. Markmon you just made yourself out to be a dishonest idiot.

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from thepinballworks:

og, does your glass scratch as easy as pdi glass scratchs?

No my glass does not scratch easily. And you can clean it a million times without adverse effects.

#39 11 years ago
    Quoted from Phoog:

Markmon that is a lie. I sold him one piece for his Safecracker because it is an odd sized glass that you can't get in PDI. This guy already had overspent on PDI glass before I even came along. He is kind of a jerk in my opinion. He messaged me over and over begging me for a piece for his Safecracker and I helped him out with a good price and now he comes on here lying like he tried my glass then decided to buy 33 pieces of PDI. Markmon you just made yourself out to be a dishonest idiot.

It is not a lie. I bought a regular sized sheet from you 7 months ago when I only had ~20 sheets of the other. I did it and told you I would review it upon purchase since you were hijacking every invisiglass thread at the time. I reviewed it in detail here:
    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/phoogs-pinball-glass-vs-pdi-vs-invisiglass
    So if your glass was good enough, why did I buy 13 more sheets of the other since?

I would recommend you don't call people liars when they can prove otherwise.

#40 11 years ago
    Quoted from thepinballworks:

phoog, does your glass scratch as easy as pdi glass scratchs? I have one sheet of pdi glass and that is all i will ever have because it scratchs to easily, and is not worth the cost.

pdi glass does not scratch easier then regular glass. The issue is that it's so clear you can easily notice a scratch on it and at $300 shipped per sheet you want it to stay perfect. But to approach Pdi / invisiglass / phoogs glass as if they're somehow more fragile is wrong. They're all tempered glass.

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Being a bit dramatic there aren't you gweempose. I see many people asking questions about "my competion" and I see many posts about the problems with it. I'm not in competition with anyone. I'm here to give some good people a chance to improve their glass without having to spend so much money. I think you should concentrate on your moral issues and not worry about my good form so much.

#42 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

I would recommend you don't call people liars when they can prove otherwise.

oh yea I forgot you bought that other piece. I guess I was thrown off by the lie you told when you said this:

Quoted from markmon:

I ended up ordering Pdi / invisiglass for all 33 of my machines anyway. This was done after testing your glass.

It's obvious you are a big supporter of PDI because you have spent so much with them. It's obvious you have some cash to throw around. So keep buying the glass you prefer. I don't have any desire to. I have another option and so does everybody else.

#43 11 years ago

Lets call it a draw?

#44 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Sorry. But this is BS. I tried your glass. It is slightly better. It is not good enough. I ended up ordering Pdi / invisiglass for all 33 of my machines anyway. This was done after testing your glass. The sheet of your glass was given to a friend after. There is no comparison. Why would someone spend $7000 on a new game but cheap out go save $150 on a sheet of glass that makes worlds of difference? I can see owners of segas, and sub $2000 machines cheapening out on this. But no way on upper end games. Plus when you sell the game you keep the glass. So if your gameroom has a max size you really never buy the stuff again once you're all full.

If its about options then we wouldn't keep seeing these threads every couple months saying how this glass is good enough and you won't need the existence if those other options.
    I will say Phoog is a good and honest guy. His shipping time is fast. He cut a special size for my Safe Cracker. And I have his glass on my safecracker where the invisi/Pdi isn't available. But I'm still ordering a custom Safe Cracker size from Joeys next order to replace it. Unfortunately, that takes months.

You act like PDI and IG is so awesome and it's not. Neither are all that great. Personally if you want it to look the best, just get glare guards. It's the only one that totally blocks out display glare and you don't even really know they are there. Doesn't do shit for backglass or room glare tho.

#45 11 years ago
    Quoted from Phoog:

pinballglass.com

I don't see a problem with how he just advertised his glass. He's positioning his product and proactively answering a question everyone will ask anyway. How does it compare? No issues, he stated better than regular glass but never said better than PDI or invisiglass. No issue for me. Good luck with the sales.

I will say, I used to balk at buying special glass from any vendor. I was wrong. Single best mod for any pin. Which brand? You need to decide for yourself like toothpaste.

#46 11 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

You act like PDI and IG is so awesome and it's not. Neither are all that great. Personally if you want it to look the best, just get glare guards. It's the only one that totally blocks out display glare and you don't even really know they are there. Doesn't do shit for backglass or room glare tho.

The two glasses look great because it looks like there is no glass on the machine. It's not about reducing Dmd glare. Anyone that makes this claim misses the point.

Quoted from Phoog:

oh yea I forgot you bought that other piece. I guess I was thrown off by the lie you told when you said this:

So the wording could have been better but it wasn't a lie. I reviewed your glass and proceeded to buy a crapload more of the other since. That's the point.

My other thread covers it extremely well.

#47 11 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

You act like PDI and IG is so awesome and it's not. Neither are all that great. Personally if you want it to look the best, just get glare guards.

I thought the same way previously but have to respectfully disagree. It does depend on your game room lighting. Glare guards do help with DMD glare. For me, the "other glasses" really do create a feeling of "no glass" illusion on the game. Some still give DMD glare but the games simply look better. No BS as I have no dog in this hunt. All depends on game room lighting I guess.

#48 11 years ago

Bob's Ultimate Glass on the left and regular glass on the right. I see a huge difference.

WP_000647.jpgWP_000647.jpg

#49 11 years ago

$10,000 usd spent on glass for pinball machines?

I really don't know what to say about that ....

And that's all I have to say about that.

rd.

#50 11 years ago

Bump for the late night/early morning crowd.

There are 273 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-wont-even-think-of-getting-invisiglass-or-pdi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.