(Topic ID: 216553)

You won 8K on a lotto scratch. You want to buy a pin. Which one?

By FarFromHeaven26

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by snowy_owl
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinball line-up (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider farfromheaven26.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

You have come into some disposable income via an unexpected lottery win this week. There are a number of pinball machines you have targeted for purchase. Which one will you ultimately invest in at the present moment? Would it be perhaps a pre-order on JJP's upcoming 'Pirates of the Caribbean' or maybe their previous 'The Wizard of Oz', 'The Hobbit' or 'Dialed In?' Or perhaps the present rage on 'Iron Maiden' or 'Batman 66' will persuade you to fill the coffers at Stern? Then again with CGC working wonders on their re-makes you may opt to play catch up with a Medieval Madness, Attack from Mars or a pending Monster Bash announcement or anticipated Cactus Canyon 2019 declaration?! Those with an eclectic hankering may jump on a 'Houdini' or 'Alice Cooper' or find this found money the passage to finally grab a superb-condition Cirqus Voltaire, Lord of the Rings or The Addams Family. Finally those who are skilled at how to stretch a dollar may find 8K is sufficient to secure not one but TWO Stern titles at current market, or hold on for a KINGPIN announcement.

As of today I am myself torn between the CGC re-make of ATTACK FROM MARS, Stern's BATMAN66 or JJP's THE WIZARD OF OZ. (Love DIALED IN too which I'd also consider now) Will hopefully get all of those but thinking now of the sudden windfall. How about YOU?

pinball line-up (resized).jpgpinball line-up (resized).jpg

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from DK:

I'd buy a really nice Gottlieb Outer Space and spend the extra 7.5K on restoring/fixing the rest of my pins..

Love it MeNaCeFiRe! That is a creative way to use the money!!!

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Dialed in. Most fun I’ve ever had in pinball. Wife’s favorite as well, so it’s a win-win

Mmmmmm!!! Must have that one as well!! I so agree with you Coz!!

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

For new pins, nothing matches DI. I wasn't sure what to think of it until I played one. It just blew me away. It feels like a classic B/W pin but in a premium package. Shoots all felt great, gameplay was pretty easy to figure out, loads of great details, world under the glass thing, and just fun to play. Name is kind of dumb/misleading but whatever. Wish it wasn't so expensive but at least you are getting a lot of features for the money. Can't help to think of a bunch of other great games you can get for much less.

Hard to argue JawJaw!!

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from erak:

I would wait and see what's next. If CGC announces MB that would be what I would get.
    Or still wait till the New Elvira 3 is shown.
    Batman 66 is a complete fail in my opinion. And I really wanted it to be good. It was my dream theme. Now I don't want to play or even look at it.

Erak, did you have a problem with the actual game layout or the incomplete code? If the latter I am told on the active BATMAN66 threads here at Pinside that the issues have now been resolved.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider farfromheaven26.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-won-8k-on-a-lotto-scratch-you-want-to-buy-a-pin-which-one?tu=farfromheaven26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.