(Topic ID: 216553)

You won 8K on a lotto scratch. You want to buy a pin. Which one?

By FarFromHeaven26

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by snowy_owl
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinball line-up (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cmack750.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 5 years ago

I won 1k on a scratch off once. After filling out the prerequisite paperwork and getting the money, I received a tax form from the state at the end of the year and approximately 50% of your winnings magically turn into taxes.

So really, your question is, what pin is the best bang-for-the-buck for 4k.

As mentioned previously in the chain, BSD no question. Maybe a Shadow second, with an alternate translite package. And if you manage to find a seller who doesn't know what they are doing, maybe a whitewater.......

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from acebathound:

Ain't that the truth.
    ---
    For some dumb reason decided I needed to declare it on my taxes even though it was below the amount where you needed to give them any info. I think I've been angry about that ever since lol.

In the case of scratch offs, honesty is NOT the best policy.

If I ever win again, I hope it's $750. Here in PA, anything under $800 they just give you the cash and no forms required. Otherwise, the gov'ment will take their pound of flesh.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cmack750.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-won-8k-on-a-lotto-scratch-you-want-to-buy-a-pin-which-one?tu=cmack750 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.