(Topic ID: 216553)

You won 8K on a lotto scratch. You want to buy a pin. Which one?

By FarFromHeaven26

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by snowy_owl
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinball line-up (resized).jpg
    There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 5 years ago

IMO DI is really fun with lots of interesting shots, good flow and solid rules.
    It does remind me of an updated B/W game.
    Maiden looks great as well with lots of early accolades. Really looking forward to seeing pics of the Premium.

2 months later
    #52 5 years ago
    Quoted from FarFromHeaven26:

You have come into some disposable income via an unexpected lottery win this week. There are a number of pinball machines you have targeted for purchase. Which one will you ultimately invest in at the present moment? Would it be perhaps a pre-order on JJP's upcoming 'Pirates of the Caribbean' or maybe their previous 'The Wizard of Oz', 'The Hobbit' or 'Dialed In?' Or perhaps the present rage on 'Iron Maiden' or 'Batman 66' will persuade you to fill the coffers at Stern? Then again with CGC working wonders on their re-makes you may opt to play catch up with a Medieval Madness, Attack from Mars or a pending Monster Bash announcement or anticipated Cactus Canyon 2019 declaration?! Those with an eclectic hankering may jump on a 'Houdini' or 'Alice Cooper' or find this found money the passage to finally grab a superb-condition Cirqus Voltaire, Lord of the Rings or The Addams Family. Finally those who are skilled at how to stretch a dollar may find 8K is sufficient to secure not one but TWO Stern titles at current market, or hold on for a KINGPIN announcement.
    As of today I am myself torn between the CGC re-make of ATTACK FROM MARS, Stern's BATMAN66 or JJP's THE WIZARD OF OZ. (Love DIALED IN too which I'd also consider now) Will hopefully get all of those but thinking now of the sudden windfall. How about YOU?
    [quoted image]

NICE ROW!!!
    Just got Attack From Mars LE, Great game & SOLID build! MMR just as solid, really puts the newer sterns to shame quality wise...not to mention they actually go the distance on making the LE's worthwhile price wise for the jump up. MBR next on my list...it's really wild that these are being remade with none of the look before you leap on a 20 something year old machine's

#53 5 years ago

I'd get one of those Fisher Price triple arcades.

#54 5 years ago

Iron Maiden Premium. Can't stop playing that game. I don't have the cash to buy one for myself, would see myself owning that game forever. But to be real, the thing I would get first is my dream pin WH20 if I could find a nice one. Save the rest.

#55 5 years ago

For those who have won a significant taxable dollar amount, you are able to claim a tax exempt w/ an equal dollar value of losing tickets. It is considered a gambling loss & the equal amount of losing tickets will offset any taxes that are due. We won $1000, so I simply went to a trash can located next to a lottery kios & retrieved the $1000 amount of losing tickets in only three visits. I wouldn’t recommend dumpster diving to anyone, but you would be surprised by the amounts that are expended in the trash.

#56 5 years ago

IMDN all the way, best game out right now.

#57 5 years ago

I would have to hold the cash and wait to get a Kingpin remake or Pinball Circus remake, even though it might not cover the whole cost. Since it's a lottery ticket winnings, might as well go unique.

#58 5 years ago

Dialed in for me.

#59 5 years ago

A $6500 World Cup Soccer

#60 5 years ago

It would be a choice between DI and an IMDN Premium, but I'd probably procrastinate until POTC to make it a 3 horse race. I'm lucky to be able to play both DI and IMDN any time I want, I like both, but I find DI much more challenging, but IMDN is so fast and frenetic, really just depends on what stye of gameplay you prefer. Really hoping POTC makes the choice even harder!!

#61 5 years ago

Right now? Iron Maiden, tentatively waiting to see what happens with Deadpool.

#62 5 years ago

Yeah, DI is the one.

There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-won-8k-on-a-lotto-scratch-you-want-to-buy-a-pin-which-one/page/2?hl=joeyitaliano and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.