(332 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

141462188_105889234832714_7308517731902164087_n (resized).jpg
BB8083E2-459E-4A87-B445-D9DD5F79E1D5.jpeg
games (2) (resized).jpeg
3065FD55-0843-4781-83F2-51E317D060E1 (resized).jpeg
1B588A9E-D576-4C3F-89F7-7EDAF3F846C3.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffspinballpalace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

How many pins have you pre-ordered with deposit or ordered and paid-in-full AND you are waiting for the game?

Buying a new pinball machine has become an exercise in patience. There’s no inventory at distributors so expect to wait from 1 up 18 months (EHOH premiums). The silver lining is having so many choices.

1B588A9E-D576-4C3F-89F7-7EDAF3F846C3.jpeg1B588A9E-D576-4C3F-89F7-7EDAF3F846C3.jpeg
#5 2 years ago

Keep those votes coming in. With Stern backordered by 10k pins and other manufacturers hampered by parts supply, there has to be more than 34 people with a game outstanding.

3 months later
#13 2 years ago

Had to change my vote from 4 to none. Decided to wait and buy new pins AFTER they are made and so cancel/sold my deposits. That means I’ll end up buying HUO new titles from Early Adopters. I am fine with that, as I am not a nib, Fresh-Air Snob. Instead I’m a Non-Preorder Snob, which is superior

#14 2 years ago

The above 170 votes account for 280 preordered games. We’ve heard Stern alone has a 10k game backlog, so many more votes are needed.

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

Tried to vote but have insufficient user level. LOL
I have 2 on order.

Try refreshing your page, it shouldn’t give that error

#18 2 years ago

GZPRE shipment officially coming in March, then next batch was set for Aug but moved to Dec 2022. Whichever version proves true, no more than two GZ premium runs for 2022. There will still be a large unmet demand so expect at least one run in 2023. If time expires, Stern needs to re-up the GZ license. IMO Stern should make GZ into perpetuity. Never Stop building pinball’s #1 ranked pin, Baby.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#25 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

This strategy doesn’t work as well now. I keep seeing HUO prices higher than NIB. There just isn’t enough stock to go around. If a reasonably priced HUO comes up, it’s gone in less than 10 minutes. The only reason I have a game on order is that I won’t find that game for less than NIB in the next 6 months, and 6 months from now, it will cost even more.

This is so true. The two best strategies are: 1) pre-order at msrp, which will probably be lower than huo and wait for game to be delivered. Sometimes parts are short and game is pushed out 3-9 months more. Or 2) buy existing game for more than msrp and get it now. The repurchased game may be opened and huo or still sitting on pallet as nib. But it offers immediate satisfaction. I choose option 2, in spite of it costing way more, when I don’t want to wait a year.

1 week later
#36 2 years ago

That is such good news. Almost everybody ordering: DP, Mando, JP and Rush pro’s and premiums will be receiving theirs this year. So happy for everybody that will be able to convert preorders into physical games.

#38 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

About to be 4 for me...
Ultraman CE
Ultraman BSE
Godzilla Pro
Godzilla Premium
Not really planning on keeping the UM BSE, just kinda sitting on it waiting to see where prices go over time, as I'm not really out any money on my CE if I just let it vaporize at the end of the day... planning on having Godzilla Pro for a few months and then selling it to upgrade to the Premium. Already have the deposit sent on the Premium, but it's sounding like January of NEXT YEAR if things don't accelerate significantly.

Then don’t you have 5-6 pins preordered? or did you mean 4 will be made soon?

3 months later
#41 1 year ago

Folks, it is time to update your answers. Seven months have passed and many games were bought or sold since. Some didn’t participate in the poll the first go round and now’s your chance. Polls are still open and there’s no better time to recalibrate. Attached snapshot of where we stand today. Maybe we’ll see changes. I’ve gone from 0 to 1 preorder.

Previous results by all poll takers showed 1/3 people preordered 1 game, 1/3 people owned 2 or 3 games and the balance was split among people with either no games or more than 3 games. Just vote and we’ll see. Oh boy, someone’s making Bank Shot again?

BB8083E2-459E-4A87-B445-D9DD5F79E1D5.jpegBB8083E2-459E-4A87-B445-D9DD5F79E1D5.jpeg
#43 1 year ago

Changes were made to linked games to add TS4 and remove Wonka, SW & GOTG. Otherwise nothing new to adjust.

#46 1 year ago
Quoted from Alaskanzen:

1, Elvira here. On a side, dealing with Zach at Straight Down the Middle is dreamy. Good people, and accommodated shipping to Alaska?!? Hells yes.

Spent a year in Anchorage on work. Two movie theaters had pins. One was a good place but it only had POTC. That game was maintained and you could report an issue and it would be fixed in a week. Anyways, the first six months passed and I was going crazy wanting to find a pinball to play and that’s when I discovered the above places. I put 1,500 games on POTC at 50 cents and became sick of playing it. Perhaps it is still there??

For reference one could buy a huo POTC for under $4k. The extended version went like this. On the day I returned from Alaska I was seeing mirages of pinball machines. I arranged that first day to visit my buddy Mike Chestnut and play his self-restored games, sporting his metallic hardware . All kinds of highway delays, construction and shitty drivers so I was speeding to make up time. In TN, I was pulled over and asked if I was in a hurry. I told him yeah, I gotta play some pinball. At that moment his car speaker crackled and there was a big problem at the bank. So he left me with a verbal warning and got in his car and left. That was the beginning of a great day.

1 month later
#51 1 year ago

Not much movement in votes. I’d have guessed people might have more on preorder now than previously on account of how many pins are delayed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Reflex Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffspinballpalace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-want-it-when-with-poll?tu=jeffspinballpalace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.