(332 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

141462188_105889234832714_7308517731902164087_n (resized).jpg
BB8083E2-459E-4A87-B445-D9DD5F79E1D5.jpeg
games (2) (resized).jpeg
3065FD55-0843-4781-83F2-51E317D060E1 (resized).jpeg
1B588A9E-D576-4C3F-89F7-7EDAF3F846C3.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daveh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Had to change my vote from 4 to none. Decided to wait and buy new pins AFTER they are made and so cancel/sold my deposits. That means I’ll end up buying HUO new titles from Early Adopters. I am fine with that, as I am not a nib, Fresh-Air Snob. Instead I’m a Non-Preorder Snob, which is superior

This strategy doesn’t work as well now. I keep seeing HUO prices higher than NIB. There just isn’t enough stock to go around. If a reasonably priced HUO comes up, it’s gone in less than 10 minutes. The only reason I have a game on order is that I won’t find that game for less than NIB in the next 6 months, and 6 months from now, it will cost even more.

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

This is so true. The two best strategies are: 1) pre-order at msrp, which will probably be lower than huo and wait for game to be delivered. Sometimes parts are short and game is pushed out 3-9 months more. Or 2) buy existing game for more than msrp and get it now. The repurchased game may be opened and huo or still sitting on pallet as nib. But it offers immediate satisfaction. I choose option 2, in spite of it costing way more, when I don’t want to wait a year.

I probably should have included the other factor in my reasoning... I'm thrilled with my current collection. I could walk up to any game I own and have a great time playing pinball. A new game needs to have something pretty special for me to want to buy it. The last game like that was Deadpool, which I figured I'd only own for a few months, but of course, isn't going anywhere. So immediate satisfaction for me comes from the games I already have. Adding something new is just a bonus.

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from unclerudy:

That way they know how many of each they have, and how much money they will make on each allocation. And it is up to the distributor to sell what they got.

And at some point with the steady price increases, it is better to get your allocation, and hang on to it. The supply issue is going to go on for a while, and HUO machines are more expensive than NIB. Just wait until after the next price increase... Profit.

4 months later
#44 1 year ago

Updated from 1 to 0. And not because my order came in. After 7 months I started scrubbing around to find one, and I did. Bought it, dropped it into my gameroom, love it. Did I pay more than I intended? Yes, and I don't care because I know how short life is.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Edenton, NC
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, SC
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 65.99
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daveh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-want-it-when-with-poll?tu=daveh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.