(Topic ID: 272947)

What is the best 2-pin lineup that you could make for $6700?

By DakotaMike

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 99 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by gliebig
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0812 (resized).JPG
    20200715_104359_HDR (resized).jpg
    20200623_132233 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dakotamike.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Hey all, starting over with my collection and I've got $6700 in my pinball budget, and room for exactly two pins. I'd probably prefer to fill both slots, rather than only getting one pin, but I could be convinced otherwise. For instance, I was thinking of getting one deeper ruleset Whitestar, Sam, or Spike era Stern game, and one simpler 80's SS.

What two games would you buy with that budget? Who can come up with the ultimate 2-pin lineup with $6700? I'd love to hear what ideas everyone has!

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

Another one of these threads? Uggh. Game choices are a personal preference, play a bunch till you find what ones you like.

There are plenty of games that I like. I'm not confused or worried about what to buy. I know the kinds of games that I like. I was just curious what other people would get if they had to stick to that budget. Maybe I'll rename the thread - "What is the best 2-pin lineup that you could make for $6700." I'd genuinely love to hear what other people would get.

Has nothing to do with my personal preferences. But sorry to have annoyed you tomdrum!

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from sulli10:

I would get a bunch of EM’s and SS’s

Appreciate the input, but since I only have room for 2-pins, that wouldn't work for me!

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

1. Game of Thrones pro or Star Wars pro
    2. Meteor or Eight Ball Deluxe LE
    Whiskey and Cocaine with the change.

Ha, that's great! I was literally looking at a used SW Comic Pro today, and I was thinking Meteor would make a great pairing within my budget.

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinghetto:

You're really close to a Batman 66 I have for sale!!

Well, if I was only going to own 1 game, then that wouldn't be a bad one. But sadly I think you're a bit outside my budget, unless you've got a bit more flex in that price than I would have expected!

#63 3 years ago
    Quoted from midcoastsurf:

Based on my taste or your taste?

Your taste. I'm really enjoying reading about what everyone would get. It's fun to see what people like, and it gives me some ideas that I maybe hadn't considered.

#95 3 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Actually, I’d get a non comic SW pro and save more bucks for a nicer Meteor

Welp, I got my SW Comic Pro today! So one pin down, one to go. I got such a good deal on my SW, that I have enough leftover that I might actually try to snag something else instead of a Meteor. I'm thinking a Pinbot would go nice as a space theme, and as a change of pace from the speed of SW. But then again Dungeons & Dragons has recently taken my fancy. So we'll see.

-------------------------------

I've been enjoying reading everyone's ideas BTW. Very fun to see what people would get for the money.

#97 3 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Have you played it? I’ve only played at shows and love the theme, but it’s an odd one.

No, but I've watched quite a few streams, and it seems like it would fit my style. I have played Hardbody though, which also has those same in/outlane flipper-save things. And I like those quite a bit. A lot like magna-saves, and they force you to keep your brain engaged.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dakotamike.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-ve-got-6700-to-spend-what-do-you-buy?tu=dakotamike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.