(Topic ID: 272947)

What is the best 2-pin lineup that you could make for $6700?

By DakotaMike

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 99 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by gliebig
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0812 (resized).JPG
    20200715_104359_HDR (resized).jpg
    20200623_132233 (resized).jpg
    There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 3 years ago

Hey all, starting over with my collection and I've got $6700 in my pinball budget, and room for exactly two pins. I'd probably prefer to fill both slots, rather than only getting one pin, but I could be convinced otherwise. For instance, I was thinking of getting one deeper ruleset Whitestar, Sam, or Spike era Stern game, and one simpler 80's SS.

What two games would you buy with that budget? Who can come up with the ultimate 2-pin lineup with $6700? I'd love to hear what ideas everyone has!

#2 3 years ago

Save your money. You’ll be happy you did

#3 3 years ago

1. Game of Thrones pro or Star Wars pro
    2. Meteor or Eight Ball Deluxe LE

Whiskey and Cocaine with the change.

#4 3 years ago

Another one of these threads? Uggh. Game choices are a personal preference, play a bunch till you find what ones you like.

#5 3 years ago

I would get a bunch of EM’s and SS’s

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

Another one of these threads? Uggh. Game choices are a personal preference, play a bunch till you find what ones you like.

There are plenty of games that I like. I'm not confused or worried about what to buy. I know the kinds of games that I like. I was just curious what other people would get if they had to stick to that budget. Maybe I'll rename the thread - "What is the best 2-pin lineup that you could make for $6700." I'd genuinely love to hear what other people would get.

Has nothing to do with my personal preferences. But sorry to have annoyed you tomdrum!

#7 3 years ago

TSPP and Taxi

#8 3 years ago

You're really close to a Batman 66 I have for sale!!

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from sulli10:

I would get a bunch of EM’s and SS’s

Appreciate the input, but since I only have room for 2-pins, that wouldn't work for me!

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Ha, that's great! I was literally looking at a used SW Comic Pro today, and I was thinking Meteor would make a great pairing within my budget.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Ha, that's great! I was literally looking at a used SW Comic Pro today, and I was thinking Meteor would make a great pairing within my budget.

Do it!

#12 3 years ago

Actually, I’d get a non comic SW pro and save more bucks for a nicer Meteor

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinghetto:

You're really close to a Batman 66 I have for sale!!

Well, if I was only going to own 1 game, then that wouldn't be a bad one. But sadly I think you're a bit outside my budget, unless you've got a bit more flex in that price than I would have expected!

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Well, if I was only going to own 1 game, then that wouldn't be a bad one. But sadly I think you're a bit outside my budget, unless you've got a bit more flex in that price than I would have expected!

PM sent.

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Has nothing to do with my personal preferences.

I think it does. You are going to spend $6700 on 2 pins based on other people's recommendations? I'm not annoyed at all but pointing out this is a repeat of dozens of similar posts.

Quoted from DakotaMike:

I know the kinds of games that I like.

Then buy the games you know you like. Get the best quality game that budget allows.

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

Give the guy a break.
    Maybe he's been out of the loop and wants some real advice, without combing through 5,928 threads.

Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Can't argue with these. G.B. knows his pins.

My right now choices for somebody getting back in the saddle:
    Metallica
    Flash Gordon

#17 3 years ago

$6700 + a lot of buyers’ luck or work at today’s prices. But great choices.

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Appreciate the input, but since I only have room for 2-pins, that wouldn't work for me!

Ok. I would go Shadow and Dr Who or Shadow and I500

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from sulli10:

Ok. I would go Shadow and Dr Who

I was LITERALLY going to say this!!

#20 3 years ago

The answer is Shadow and any other 90’s dmd that fits the bill. Fish Tales, WCS, JM...

#21 3 years ago

Star Trek pro and Taxi.

#22 3 years ago

The Shadow and Black Hole for my vote. It checks all the boxes for me. Two very different games that you don't get tired of playing.

#23 3 years ago

Shadow + Nascar

Or

Other favorites on my list are right now because of very solid code are:

IMDN, DP Premium, and JP. All excellent choices if you are willing to go for one pin now and save up for #2.

TMNT has a great layout, and a good code foundation. Time will tell if code gets the balance and polish it needs.

The TWD Premium for $5600 in Fargo is a helluva deal as well.

#24 3 years ago

Pinbot. Cuz everyone needs to have owned one at one point.
    And + the shadow.
    Shadow is a great game. Really one of the games I regret selling.
    T2 is decent too.

#25 3 years ago

Star Trek TNG and a cheap Earthshaker.

#26 3 years ago

This is an easy one. Pick up a nice modern stern pro that comes along that is a good deal. Do the same with a mid 90s Wms. If you look for a certain title they never come along or they are always overpriced. If you wait for the deals to come along you can play them and flip them with little or no loss.
    My next suggestion is buy the game you really want. For example, if you want BM66, buy it then save some more till you can get another game.

#27 3 years ago

TWD Pro ($4,700) and a really nice Meteor ($2,000). You could maybe even do two of the more readily available classic Sterns such as a Stars and Meteor if you play your cards right and get lucky. Lastly, don’t under estimate Meteor. It’s a great and addictive pin. Looks amazing as well.

#28 3 years ago

Bad Girls and Jurassic Park Pro

#29 3 years ago

Two NBA Fastbreaks linked together.

#30 3 years ago

Shadow and BSD

#31 3 years ago

Iron Maiden pro and sorcerer , that would be a good 2 pin line up I think and right in your price range.

#32 3 years ago

Vacation America and Thunderbirds.

#33 3 years ago

Shadow and Sorcerer. Keep the change.

#34 3 years ago

Doctor Who and Swords of Fury.

#35 3 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Shadow and Sorcerer. Keep the change.

Good choices for the budget.

#36 3 years ago

I'd find a couple nice $3K games you like.

Then put $700 into them. Rebuild flippers and everything worn. Totally shop, new rubber rings, bulbs, etc. etc.

LTG : )

#37 3 years ago

Would be great, but tough to snag the pair for $6700 anymore I would think.

#38 3 years ago

Metallica Pro & Future Spa.

#39 3 years ago

There are just SO many choices! You are definitely not in a bad spot at all.

I feel that the best way to go is either...

A) buy the best newer pin at a reasonable price and then get an older "value" pin

or

B) get 2 pins in the 3k+ range that are solid and have a good variety from one another.

If you go with the first scenario, DP pro or TWD pro both offer a lot of bang for the buck. I would pair it with a Williams system 11 game (Taxi, Pinbot) or an early SS like paragon or flash Gordon.

If you go with the second option, The Shadow is a "must," and something like whirlwind, BSD, fish tales, RBION, or Judge dredd would go nicely with it.

There are lots of ways to go with this, hence my suggestions of options instead of finite choices. As mentioned earlier...if you hone in on 2 specific games, you will inevitably pay too much or wait too long.

#40 3 years ago

BSD & Whirlwind

or

SM and Taxi

#41 3 years ago

I wish I could make two games for $6700. I wish I could make one game. I'd certainly try to come up with something better than what you can get for $6700 these days.

#42 3 years ago

Lots of great suggestions here but not all are easy to find . The earlier suggestion of buying the stern pro the comes up for sale near you and a Bally / Williams that comes near you is the most reasonable course . Keeps you from shelling out big bucks on shipping and makes it easier to get your money back when a game you want more comes along or you just wanna switch it up .

#43 3 years ago
    Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

Lots of great suggestions here but not all are easy to find . The earlier suggestion of buying the stern pro the comes up for sale near you and a Bally / Williams that comes near you is the most reasonable course . Keeps you from shelling out big bucks on shipping and makes it easier to get your money back when a game you want more comes along or you just wanna switch it up .

100% agree

#44 3 years ago

You can get a badass pro 4600-5000 then a Williams ,or I recently seen a torpedo alley up for sale looks pretty badass .Barb wire I heard pretty cool around 2 g it’s whatever u want but I’d get the stern pro u can always trade around with that one !

#46 3 years ago

Old Bally machines are fun...Could make you a good deal on some arade machines up in ND....Just saying.
    20200623_132233 (resized).jpg20200623_132233 (resized).jpg

#47 3 years ago

Funhouse and T2 , best of both worlds
    (Considering the budget)

#48 3 years ago

1. Low end Star Trek Pro and low end world cup soccer, JD, or Demo Man.

#49 3 years ago

Maverick and Star Wars Pro

#50 3 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

1. Low end Star Trek Pro and low end world cup soccer, JD, or Demo Man.

Wich one its a better pick DEMO man or BSD?

There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-ve-got-6700-to-spend-what-do-you-buy?hl=nevadanutjob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.