View topic image gallery

IMAG3105 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191008_165223_705 (resized).jpg
IMAG2223 (resized).jpg
pinballkids5 (resized).jpg
20190414_173234 (resized).jpg
Dan_JaxonCullen10.15.19 (resized).JPG
#1 4 years ago

A dad and his son came out to the golf course earlier this week. The first thing out of his son's mouth was "mister, will you turn on the pinball machine for me please?" After picking myself up off of the floor because someone called me 'mister,' I turned on the game for him. It had 15 or 20 credits on it, which didn't take him long to burn through, although somehow he completed B-A-L-L-Y on his first ball. Unfortunately I didn't have anything for him to stand on. I've since found a stool for him, so I'll be ready next time.

His dad told me later that they enjoyed their time playing pinball almost as much as they enjoyed their time playing golf. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, his son is 4-years-old. It put a smile on my face.

Dan_JaxonCullen10.15.19 (resized).JPGDan_JaxonCullen10.15.19 (resized).JPG
#2 4 years ago

I was 5 when I got the bug!!! Lifetime addiction for sure!!!

#3 4 years ago

Young and old, seems a classic single level Bally has more appeal than a Gopher DMD.

#4 4 years ago

I love it when there's a bunch of kids playing my pinballs.

Some more photos in this thread.

https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/99230-Post-Your-Pinball-Kids

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Young and old, seems a classic single level Bally has more appeal than a Gopher DMD.

Two problems with the Gophers. One, there's a switch that isn't working and I haven't had time to mess with it. Which has lead to two, there's a big pile of golf clubs in front of it.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from Dooskie:

Two problems with the Gophers. One, there's a switch that isn't working and I haven't had time to mess with it. Which has lead to two, there's a big pile of golf clubs in front of it.

But, that doesn't take away from the appeal of the Bally. There's some tough shots on that machine, plus it will get a little snarky with me from time to time.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from Dooskie:

But, that doesn't take away from the appeal of the Bally.

More than that, when people come over to my place that haven't played much they seek out the single level games with easy to understand rules and scoring labeled on the playfield.

That was my daughter's explanation when she was younger, and although she is now a seasoned player, she still prefers those kind of machines.

#8 4 years ago

That's what my son started on

20190414_173234 (resized).jpg20190414_173234 (resized).jpg
#9 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yes indeedy do.

The Bally Lost World awards the first game at 63,000 or something so if the kids practice not double flipping etc they can usually opo it in the first few games.
Knocker scares the shit out of you and is right under your right fingers.

pinballkids5 (resized).jpgpinballkids5 (resized).jpg
#10 4 years ago

My youngest started at 2. As soon as he could stand on the stool..now he plays every day..and is ranked 225 in the world in youth players under 18 and he places in the top 20% of almost every tournament beating out seasoned adults! Just had an 8th place finisch at a stern event in a heavy adult players. And yes, he is better then I am, and he won our adult league last man standing tournament and took all the cash
IMAG2223 (resized).jpgIMAG2223 (resized).jpgIMG_20191008_165223_705 (resized).jpgIMG_20191008_165223_705 (resized).jpg

IMAG3105 (resized).jpgIMAG3105 (resized).jpg
#11 4 years ago

For some nice pics of kids playing pins, check out this thread I started awhile back about grandkids and pinball:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-your-grandkids-dig-your-pins

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

4,800 (OBO)
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, VT
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Machine - For Sale
New Brighton, PA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-re-never-too-young-to-play-pinball?hl=wolverinetuner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.