Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A-374400-1328483955 (resized).jpg
DSC08744 (resized).JPG
GeorgeT10.1.19.2 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luvthatapex2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 4 years ago

very cool. Imagine if you would have shown him a modern pinball from today instead of a 40 year game? I wonder what he would think? He probably hasn't played in 60 years so the Star Trek solid state game probably looked modern to him. I had neighbors over a few months back that haven't played pinball in 40 years and they were blown away by todays games.

Quoted from Dooskie:

I have a member here at my golf course that is 93-years-old. He plays golf three times a week, walks the course and still carries his clubs.
We got to talking yesterday and I asked him if he ever played pinball. He said it had been a few years, and when I fired up the Star Trek machine for him, he was looking for the lever to load the ball into the shooter lane.
I think he may have been setting me up. He scored 209,000+ points on his first ball (the machine is set at 200,000 for a free game, 3 balls), then asked me if I wanted to play him for a penny a point. The smartest decision I've made in awhile is when I politely turned him down while nervously holding on to my wallet.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 199.95
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp
Other
$ 10.00
Lighting
Yoppsicle
Lighting

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luvthatapex2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-re-never-too-old-to-play-pinball?tu=luvthatapex2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.