Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Trekkie1978
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

A-374400-1328483955 (resized).jpg
DSC08744 (resized).JPG
GeorgeT10.1.19.2 (resized).JPG

#1 4 months ago

I have a member here at my golf course that is 93-years-old. He plays golf three times a week, walks the course and still carries his clubs.

We got to talking yesterday and I asked him if he ever played pinball. He said it had been a few years, and when I fired up the Star Trek machine for him, he was looking for the lever to load the ball into the shooter lane.

I think he may have been setting me up. He scored 209,000+ points on his first ball (the machine is set at 200,000 for a free game, 3 balls), then asked me if I wanted to play him for a penny a point. The smartest decision I've made in awhile is when I politely turned him down while nervously holding on to my wallet.
DSC08744 (resized).JPGGeorgeT10.1.19.2 (resized).JPG

#3 4 months ago

He is. Although he was telling me that he's been on a little bit of losing streak with his Monday afternoon poker games the past month.

#4 4 months ago

very cool. Imagine if you would have shown him a modern pinball from today instead of a 40 year game? I wonder what he would think? He probably hasn't played in 60 years so the Star Trek solid state game probably looked modern to him. I had neighbors over a few months back that haven't played pinball in 40 years and they were blown away by todays games.

Quoted from Dooskie:

I have a member here at my golf course that is 93-years-old. He plays golf three times a week, walks the course and still carries his clubs.
We got to talking yesterday and I asked him if he ever played pinball. He said it had been a few years, and when I fired up the Star Trek machine for him, he was looking for the lever to load the ball into the shooter lane.
I think he may have been setting me up. He scored 209,000+ points on his first ball (the machine is set at 200,000 for a free game, 3 balls), then asked me if I wanted to play him for a penny a point. The smartest decision I've made in awhile is when I politely turned him down while nervously holding on to my wallet.
[quoted image][quoted image]

#5 4 months ago

Did you discuss dream themes with him?

A-374400-1328483955 (resized).jpg
#6 4 months ago

As I'm reading it, I thought you meant to say 209,000,000+ on the Stern Star Trek...I was like "holy crap!!!"

Then I saw the pics...lol

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 30.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bethlehem, PA
$ 149.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside