(Topic ID: 235096)

You're blowing up a game...but it's time to leave!

By getadam

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Ok - this has happened to me too many times and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

You're in the middle of an unbelievable game. You're blowing up the machine. Perhaps you're about to reach the wizard mode that you've never reached before. You're in the zone and you're unstoppable.

But then...

You glance down at the time and...oh shit...you have to leave! But you're only on ball two. If you don't leave right now, you'll be in trouble with the wife, you'll miss the train...something bad. You have but no choice to let it drain and turn the game off!

Why do the pinball gods know when you have to leave and time it this way?

#2 5 years ago

Always.

#3 5 years ago

This happens to me all the time. My wife is great for interrupting that killer game because it's time to eat, time to leave or other insignificant event she thinks is important.

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from getadam:

Why do the pinball gods know when you have to leave and time it this way?

Pretty boring being a pinball god. Only fun they have is F'ing with you. If you weren't so much fun to mess with, they'd pick on others. But being they can count on you to start a game, when you shouldn't. Why the he** not.

LTG : )

#5 5 years ago

Obligatory Seeing Red post

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Obligatory Seeing Red post

Obligatory guilty of being Grszzz post!

#7 5 years ago

Finish the game and deal with the consequences, it’s Pinball man! Priorities!

#8 5 years ago

Look Civ I already got the city of Pittsburgh tryin to jump my shit don't need any add on's THANKS

#9 5 years ago

I DONT WANNA HEAR IT

#10 5 years ago

Whenever I’m having a stellar game (not often enough) there’s always someone calling me from work that cant wait and insists on calling over and over again. I start taliking to myself saying “for the love of god!”. This totally kills the mojo going.

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Look Civ I already got the city of Pittsburgh tryin to jump my shit don't need any add on's THANKS

Its ok I can smell em comin from a mile and a half away.

#12 5 years ago

I recently had an incredible game going on my GOT and I was at home for lunch. I needed to leave to go back to work. I was at like 5 or 6 billion and was close to Iron Throne. So what did I do? I turned the volume all the way down so as not to bother the wife and I left the game in that state for the next 4 or 5 hours! Came home from work and finished the game!

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Its ok I can smell em comin from a mile and a half away.

Small man big mouth

#14 5 years ago

OUCH
    LOL

#15 5 years ago

My wife and I have used a pretty good system to address this issue. If it’s time to go, etc I’ll just stop mid game most of the time. If she hears me say I’m “laying it down” then she knows it’s a monster game that doesn’t happen very often, and unless we’re going to be late to a funeral or some other major event, i get to finish it off.

#16 5 years ago

I've left the game on with the ball in the shooter lane a few times when I've had to leave to get the kids to school. It has be an epic game though.

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

My wife and I have used a pretty good system to address this issue. If it’s time to go, etc I’ll just stop mid game most of the time. If she hears me say I’m “laying it down” then she knows it’s a monster game that doesn’t happen very often, and unless we’re going to be late to a funeral or some other major event, i get to finish it off.

"I'm laying it down" has got to be the greatest code word(s) of all time.

#18 5 years ago

whoops

#19 5 years ago

This happens to me quite often at league. I'm usually the last one in the door and jump on a game right as they call last game. Everyone else will finish their game and I'll still be there on ball 2 with an extra ball in waiting and just killing it. Three of my highest scores to date were from those games. And that's with just draining my extra ball and 3rd ball. On a side note. When ever I do really good on my warm up game. I suck the rest of the night. Got figure. Now I don't warm up. But still suck. LOL

#20 5 years ago

Smart. I'm gonna create a secret phrase with my wife too.

#21 5 years ago

My wife and I have used a pretty good system to address this issue. If she hears me say I’m “laying it down” then she knows i get to finish it off.

I took out all the filler words for you.

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from getadam:

Smart. I'm gonna create a secret phrase with my wife too.

It's call a safe word.

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

This made me LOL

#24 5 years ago

I wish there was a save game feature on new games. You'd have to have drained and have a ball in the shooter lane and then open the coin door and activate it somehow. It would end the game and auto plunge but remember the state of the table and you'd have one chance to resume the game on the next power up 'cause it would erase the save. You can't save the mojo you had going so you'll probably end up blowing it. When I was warming up my car here recently I'd come back in and just stink up the joint after a pretty good ball 1.

#25 5 years ago

Used to happen when I was a kid w/a bunch of credits on a game and Mom or Dad were ready to go. But I've got 7 credits on Mata Hari left !!!!!!!!!!!

#26 5 years ago

I will put anything off except going to work. I have to pay for the house that the pinball goes in, after all.

2 weeks later
    #27 5 years ago
    Quoted from billyboy:

Whenever I’m having a stellar game (not often enough) there’s always someone calling me from work that cant wait and insists on calling over and over again. I start taliking to myself saying “for the love of god!”. This totally kills the mojo going.

I ignore the phone if I'm in the middle of something. They can leave a voicemail.

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I recently had an incredible game going on my GOT and I was at home for lunch. I needed to leave to go back to work. I was at like 5 or 6 billion and was close to Iron Throne. So what did I do? I turned the volume all the way down so as not to bother the wife and I left the game in that state for the next 4 or 5 hours! Came home from work and finished the game!

Absolute legend.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-re-blowing-up-a-gamebut-it-s-time-to-leave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.