• 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by finman2000
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

37CA565F-D133-409A-B5DB-645C785D9766 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

The Addams Family.
I had played it quite a bit out on route, and just knew it would fit perfect within my collection at the time. Brought it home, and found out I really didn't like it as much as I thought I would. Ended up selling it a month later.
The great thing about this hobby is it's pretty easy to sell a game for near what you purchased it for.

Surprising! I love this damn game - but it was also my first, so I'm sure that has a lot to do with it. Would I love to own it again? Heck yes. Would I pay the currently (IMO) insane $7k prices? HELL NO.

I've bought a lot of games based on recommendations, less so after playing on location - I'd say WOZ, LOTR and Williams Indy. LOTR I just never loved. Indy I just didnt' click with, and I am still not sure why. WOZ was visually amazing but I was just not a good enough player to appreciate it. I will try again!

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from FlashDaddy:

I can't speak for Pirates but Hobbit got old fast. I've never seen a game on location get less plays after a month. It's just relentlessly grindy and all 956,074 modes are some variation of shoot the drop targets or shoot the troll things we stole from Medieval Madness. Maybe if troll modes are your favorite part of Medieval Madness, but you felt what was really holding the game back was it just didn't quite have *enough* troll action, Hobbit is for you. And I'm not a Jersey Jack hater. I think Dialed In is one of the best games of the last decade. Woz is fine and I've only played two games on the prototype Pirates, but I liked what I saw.

Try it again with the new code. This was one of my criticisms of the game, which I sold... and recently got back. Version 2.95 makes it an entirely different game.. “grindy” was a good way to describe it.. not any more. That game is fun as hell now. It’s not Getaway, but it’s supposed to be more like an RPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

3,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 22.50
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-played-it-and-loved-it-you-bought-it-and-regret-it?tu=rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.