• 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by finman2000
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

37CA565F-D133-409A-B5DB-645C785D9766 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinkitten.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 5 years ago

I try not to put down any pins, because even the "bad" pins have loyal fans. But, I'm so impulsive and always looking for something else that I get bored with pins in a matter of days sometimes. I had an awesome SM, but it lasted under a year. Then the wheels really came off. I added Big Buck Hunter, Houdini and Aerosmith. All three were traded in under 2 months. MET and LOTR lasted 3 months. I'm always looking to trade...the grass is always greener, right?

#76 5 years ago

I agree about Hobbit. I really didn't like it at all on location. Trolls are just enough on MM. They seem too featured on Hobbit. But, the new code really does make the game much better. I had an opportunity to trade a game I was bored of for a NIB Hobbit plus cash. So far, after about 30 games, I'm happy with it. Crank the back legs all the way up so it's not floaty, and keep the extra balls at a minimum. It's very hard to complete all the 5 stones to get to each mini wizard mode. Forget actually completing the 30 modes, I'm lucky to start 10 and finish 6 or 8. But that's me. Definitely an RPG type adventure, designed to be long-playing. But, not really the "grind" that it was before code was complete. Depends if you enjoy long, story-mode games, or short, punishing games. It's definitely not Tron. I have those 2 pins next to each other, and they are great complimentary games. I loved MET, but was ready to move on after 100 games.

#79 5 years ago
Quoted from chill:

I don't know what the future holds. In 2001, I bought Scared Stiff (it was only five years old) in like-new condition for $2900 (passed on a mint CV for $2700...lol). Sold it in 2006 for a bit more than that. TZ in 2004 (great condition) for $2400 and sold in 2006 for $2600. IM NIB in 2011 for $4200 delivered. Traded in 2012 for beautiful HUO TSPP. The list goes on but prices have been rising and the 1990s Bally / Williams are 25 years old and big bucks which seems crazy to me.
So maybe future prices fall and maybe they rise. Who knows? But if you buy a game now then sell within a few years, I don't think you'll take a huge loss, assuming you didn't overpay.

I agree. Prices do seem quite a bit higher than even 5-6 years ago, when I was looking around for my first pin. I considered a nice, clean Funhouse for $2,900, and POTC was about $4,000 in perfect cond. Several pins like TAF, CV, TOTAN, Tron, and MB are often $8,000 or more. That could remain, or it could be a product of the strong rebound economy since 2008 crash. Will pins routinely be $10,000 soon? I agree though, if you research the market archives, and keep your buy/trade target within reason, you can break even pretty easily it seems. Especially if you take time to improve your pins.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 38.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinkitten.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-played-it-and-loved-it-you-bought-it-and-regret-it?tu=pinkitten and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.