• 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by finman2000
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

37CA565F-D133-409A-B5DB-645C785D9766 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flashdaddy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

I am starting to feel that way a little bit with AFMr. I played AFM more than any other game at PAGG for a couple of years, then played the remake last year, and had to have it. It is still fun, but I just don't play it much. I play GnR less at this point, but both get played less than 5 games per month right now. Not sure if I should sell or trade for something else, or just let them sit and maybe I will play them more in the future.
I think I would enjoy replacing them with Pirates and Hobbit, but I haven't played a ton of games on either of those. They were fun when I played them though.

I can't speak for Pirates but Hobbit got old fast. I've never seen a game on location get less plays after a month. It's just relentlessly grindy and all 956,074 modes are some variation of shoot the drop targets or shoot the troll things we stole from Medieval Madness. Maybe if troll modes are your favorite part of Medieval Madness, but you felt what was really holding the game back was it just didn't quite have *enough* troll action, Hobbit is for you. And I'm not a Jersey Jack hater. I think Dialed In is one of the best games of the last decade. Woz is fine and I've only played two games on the prototype Pirates, but I liked what I saw.

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Try it again with the new code. This was one of my criticisms of the game, which I sold... and recently got back. Version 2.95 makes it an entirely different game.. “grindy” was a good way to describe it.. not any more. That game is fun as hell now. It’s not Getaway, but it’s supposed to be more like an RPG

Unfortunately there aren't any Hobbits close to me anymore. There are five Dialed In in a twenty minute drive. I'm willing to give it another shot, but I just wasn't fond of the layout. The center is completely bare except for the "trolls", the ramps are super easy to hit with great flippers and nearly impossible with weak ones, really the only satisfying shots were the orbits. Not to mention the troll pop-ups were constantly broken.

I'll definitely give it a shot the next time I'm an hour south or 45 minutes north of Seattle, but it was so, so terrible for the first year it was out that my opinion is likely forever spoiled.

It might have more potential as a home game. I know the ruleset is deep as hell, even if the individual modes to navigate it were either "kill the trolls" or some variation of "blinking drop target sniper".

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Warwick, RI
$ 25.50
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 38.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 64.99
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flashdaddy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-played-it-and-loved-it-you-bought-it-and-regret-it?tu=flashdaddy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.