(Topic ID: 227040)

You played it and loved it. You bought it and couldn't be happier!?

By pickleric

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 64 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by FatPanda
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7912 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7991 (resized).JPG
    fullsizeoutput_173 (resized).jpeg
    cartman (resized).png
    195822_large (resized).jpg
    There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

The responses to this topic by chubtoad13 have been fun and informative to read.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-played-it-and-loved-it-you-bought-it-and-regret-it

In that spirit what titles for you have been:

You played it and loved it. You bought it and couldn't be happier!

Bonus points for reasons why!

#2 5 years ago

One of the more recent ones is Rob zombie It took me a while to purchase one because everyone said it's terrible but I played it at a friend's I really enjoyed it so purchased one and I am still enjoying it.

#3 5 years ago

Iron Maiden. Played it once at a bar and knew it was awesome

#4 5 years ago

I bought TSPP without ever playing one and loved it for years... different scenario but same outcome

#5 5 years ago

Total Nuclear Annihilation!!

Reason? Because it is Total Nuclear Annihilation!!

#6 5 years ago

Roller Coaster Tycoon.
    Played it at a Disney resort. When we came back home done a search and found one at a distributor and had it shipped to us. It reminds the family of being at Disney. It's the closest thing we could find for that.

Still have it.

Then Tron LE
    It will never leave.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

I bought TSPP without ever playing one and loved it for years... different scenario but same outcome

Me too. Same game. TSPP is the first modern game that took me from electro-mechanicals.

#8 5 years ago

Tron LE and IMDN. Played both at a location, new I wanted them.

Once I got them, both exceeded my expectations of uniqueness of play and depth of code and fun.

#10 5 years ago

Idk if it really counts, but my wife and I were given Fire Queen at our wedding. Great game, great art, and the best gift we ever got. We would never sell it.

#11 5 years ago

Star Wars. Saw it on stream, thought "wow that looks amazing". Played it on location, "dang this is amazing". Bought one, a year later "damn this is amazing."

Also Demolition Man.

#12 5 years ago

NIB Mustang Pro, now a Promium because one Mustang was not enough. Now I have 2 Mustangs that I'll never sell.

#13 5 years ago

Party zone and baywatch

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from thepinballworks:

Roller Coaster Tycoon.
    Played it at a Disney resort. When we came back home done a search and found one at a distributor and had it shipped to us. It reminds the family of being at Disney. It's the closest thing we could find for that.
    Still have it.
    Then Tron LE
    It will never leave.

We are a huge Disney family as well and even though I've never played it at a Disney resort, we got Comet for the same reason that it reminds us of being at Disney.

#15 5 years ago

Houdini! Great art, awesome looking PF, cool mechs, deep rule set, hard as hell!

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from Parkshow30:

we got Comet for the same reason that it reminds us of being at Disney.

Comet reminds me more of being at one of those carnivals where the guys working the rides look like they haven't slept for days and have very few teeth.

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Comet reminds me more of being at one of those carnivals where the guys working the rides look like they haven't slept for days and have very few teeth.

Oh man now I totally want a Comet!

#18 5 years ago

That would be every pin I ever bought. No regrets. One of the perks of being not the best player.

#19 5 years ago

CFTBL. It is so shallow, but man, it is so fun. There are all sorts of lil mini-wizard modes on it, and so many lil easter eggs. I am having such a blast with it.

Can't wait for Mirco to release the PF.

#20 5 years ago

Space Station, played at a local collectors, straight forward,but had a real fun factor,bought it a week later, play it a lot more than my other pins lately.

#21 5 years ago

Houdini. Played it at a show... Music grabbed me, gameplay grabbed me... So bought one o the first ones in europe love it

#22 5 years ago

CV. Played it once at a show and loved it. Played it on iPad and loved it. Bought it and continue to love it.

#23 5 years ago

Lotr for me. Love at first play, and never a disappointment.

Then SM. Played it once when it cane out and was underwhelmed. Played it later after code updates and was overwhelmed. Bought it and loved it until I sold it.

IM slowly grew on me until I had to have it. And I still do.

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Those guys get all the babes!

p.s. Comet rules!

195822_large (resized).jpg195822_large (resized).jpg

#25 5 years ago

The Getaway.
    Played it.....loved it.....told the Mrs we need it.....she plays it.....loves it.....add up for a project game......look at project game........buy it cause it's a good players condition.
    LOVE IT

#26 5 years ago

I also played Getaway....and TAF.

TAF was the first game we bought when we moved into our house 20 years ago. Still have it and love it.

Bought Getaway last year and went through it, rebuilding every mech. Plays fast and mean now and I love it.

Other games I played and liked, bought and love:
    Pinbot
    Firepower
    Seawitch
    Centaur
    EBD
    Star Gazer
    Quicksilver

Quicksilver was one I played and thought was OK....you know, kinda weird. Played a restored one several years later and thought it was great, but I could make it better. So my search for one began.
    Fast forward 7 or 8 years. My friend with the restored one found one for me. I drove down to get it and played his while I was there. He had tweaked it and now it was playing absolutely fantastic, to my delight (and dismay). It was so smooth, so addictive, I played it for hours.
    I never thought mine would play like his and thought I'd always be disappointed. But after it was restored I tweaked the hell out of it. It plays every bit as good and I play it every chance I get. I never get tired of it.

#27 5 years ago

bought deadpool le did not like it at first. after 50 or more plays I love the dame game. I cant stop playing it. same with GOTG turned out to be my best game

#28 5 years ago

Stern Star Trek - wife’s favorite pin, so anything that helps keeps her loving pinball is a win!

#29 5 years ago

Lord of the rings, even drove 18 hours round trip from Melbourne to Sydney an back to Melbourne to get it. Would do it again no problem.

#30 5 years ago

Ripley's Believe It Or Not. Saw it was coming out in Gameroom Magazine back in the day. Got to play it at the MN State Fair shortly after it was released. Loved it. Loved the theme, the challenge, the layout, the dots. Never thought someday I would actually be able to buy one. Years later I picked one up from a friend and still love it to this day. It is my longest tenured game by a large margin and I don't see it going anywhere in the future.

#31 5 years ago

Catacomb.

My first classic Stern.

Fantastic, brutal, game.

#32 5 years ago

MMR no regrets

#33 5 years ago

AC/DC Luci vault. Me and my friend were looking to split a game, so we both needed to like it. We couldn't agree, then we played an AC/DC premium and when we were done with a game, were both were like, "we should get this game." It was right before the luci vault came out, so the timing was perfect. We still really like that game.

#34 5 years ago

I bought my White Water having never played the game before. I just really liked the way it looked.

It's among my favorite game in the collection these days. Perhaps only second to Whirlwind.

#35 5 years ago

BM66 LE... love this game!
    I may feel the same way about my IMDN LE but I havnt unboxed it yet, hope to do that soon!

#36 5 years ago

Dialed In!

I'm glad so many people are ragging on the theme. It brought it down to a price point I could afford. It's a great game.

#37 5 years ago

Iron maiden
    Couldn't believe that they actually produced the game ( in a good way )
    At the time I was considering Iron man as there was a nice one for sale close to me. Played a few games of both to compare with the wife and Iron maiden won hands down!

Bride of pinbot
    Played this back in the day when it was first released. Loved it then, it's my first pin and love it now! Even more so today that she's now BOP 2.0

#38 5 years ago

Like many, I made cracks about Baywatch and its brainless, cheesy theme. Then I went to Pinburgh and actually played one and had several revelations all at once:

1. This layout is unlike anything I've ever seen
    2. The progression of modes is brilliant
    3. The music is kind of awesome and the callouts are imperative to the gameplay
    4. It's not (just) about bewbs! It's about assembling a team, killing sharks and rescuing swimmers! There's life and death stuff going on!

Baywatch sat in the back of my mind and my guilty thoughts were justified when Bowen did his YouTube tutorial - it IS a great game! As soon as I decided I was done with my Junk Yard (that's a whole different story) I started looking and found a good one!

#39 5 years ago

My wife and I played Dialed In at the Louisville Expo,looked at each other and said this is it!
    Got my DI a couple months later and been playing the hell out of this pin.Its kind of taking over
    I don't play other pins as much as I use to

#40 5 years ago

For me Rollergames. Never played it back in the day and was actually looking at another pin for sale that the same seller had, but played it, enjoyed the speed of it, the catchy tunes, and the bit of nostalgia for me. To this day it’s still my go to game when I just want a quick pinball fix. It’s certainly not very deep, but it’s a lot of fun to play.

#41 5 years ago

AFMr LE, WOZ, and DI.

#42 5 years ago

I played Stern ST at one of the Pinball Life party's and enjoyed it. Bought one quite a while ago, and still love it. Great game!

#43 5 years ago

RFM, the only game I bought twice. Also MMRLE loving it...

cartman (resized).pngcartman (resized).png
    #44 5 years ago

Metallica for sure, It was the biggest plunge at the time for me on a pin purchase and I couldn't be happier. Centaur II as well is a fantastic game.

#45 5 years ago
    fullsizeoutput_173 (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_173 (resized).jpeg
    #46 5 years ago

DI. I was able to play it as much as I wanted to at Expo last year. They had a bunch of them but everyone was in line for the new JJPOTC. I decided then that I was going to buy one and I’m still really glad that I did. It’s a great game!

#47 5 years ago

Wife and I always looked for and played bsd at every show we could. Something about mist multiball that hooked us. Bought one, and it still commands 90% of everyone’s attention in our arcade. It’s gotten to point I’d sell all the arcades just because we don’t play them, bsd gets all the action. Only game where I could score 2 mil, 300 mil, 40 mil for 3 games in a row. Total randomness. Every other game I’m within 10% every time. Bsd can be brutal.

#48 5 years ago
    Quoted from TopMoose:

Like many, I made cracks about Baywatch and its brainless, cheesy theme. Then I went to Pinburgh and actually played one and had several revelations all at once:
    1. This layout is unlike anything I've ever seen
    2. The progression of modes is brilliant
    3. The music is kind of awesome and the callouts are imperative to the gameplay
    4. It's not (just) about bewbs! It's about assembling a team, killing sharks and rescuing swimmers! There's life and death stuff going on!
    Baywatch sat in the back of my mind and my guilty thoughts were justified when Bowen did his YouTube tutorial - it IS a great game! As soon as I decided I was done with my Junk Yard (that's a whole different story) I started looking and found a good one!

Which is why we need to work on getting it to the top 100

#49 5 years ago

Does it count if i watched chuckwurts stream of him playing his f2k? After watching the gameplay I saw one for sale within 3 hr drive. Bought it ..played it..loved it.. and I couldn't be happier.

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from lowbeau67:

Does it count if i watched chuckwurts stream of him playing his f2k? After watching the gameplay I saw one for sale within 3 hr drive. Bought it ..played it..loved it.. and I couldn't be happier.

Sure. I put my down payment for TNA without playing it and love it. I did get a chance to play one before the full price was due

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-played-it-and-loved-it-you-bought-it-and-couldn-t-be-happier?hl=chipscott and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.