You played it and loved it. You bought it and couldn't be happier!?

(Topic ID: 227040)

You played it and loved it. You bought it and couldn't be happier!?

By pickleric

5 months ago

Topic Stats

• 64 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by FatPanda
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_7912 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7991 (resized).JPG
    fullsizeoutput_173 (resized).jpeg
    cartman (resized).png
    195822_large (resized).jpg

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 5 months ago

Stern Nine Ball.

Had the opportunity to play one and liked it.
    Had the opportunity to buy two project machines and spent several months bringing one back to life.

Do not regret one minute of it, play it regularly, and it would be the keeper if I had to thin the collection down to one.

IMG_7912 (resized).JPG

IMG_7991 (resized).JPG

#52 5 months ago

My wife and I played Family Guy during a lunch break at the Indiana University Union years ago. We loved the humor, even set on family mode. We bought one pretty quickly and just last night we’re laughing out loud when we were playing it.

#53 5 months ago

Hobbit. Played it at the old Pinball Wizard and thought it was a lot of fun. Got it in the house and can't believe how deep and awesome it is. The new code is incredible. I see something new every time I play it.

#54 5 months ago

MMr - friend had one for years which I loved. Remake opportunity hit and its a permanent fixture in my game room.
    Houdini - played it at SFGE and had to have one...still love it.
    TNA - Played the white wood at SFGE and had to have it. Paragon was my go to old school game and as soon as I got home it left and I started watching for someone backing out of their spot in line. Few weeks later I was in line and I love it so much so I am making mods for it.

I have bought plenty of games I had never played be I purchased and most are gone. I have bought a few games twice but these three are staying a while.

#55 5 months ago

Metallica
    Before Metallica, I didn’t care for Stern games at all. I was in the “Sterns are garbage compared to Bally/Williams” camp. I had played a bunch of Sterns at shows and they all felt cheap and played like crap. (Probably just because they were poorly maintained) I didn’t know any better and my friends with games at home all had nice examples of 90s games.
    I joined the WNY pinball league and got to experience a lot of well maintained games that I had never had a chance to play before. The first game on MET pro in a home environment blew me away. I had one on order the next day and I played the hell out of it for 3 years before relunctently selling it to fund a new game.
    No regrets about the purchase or the sale. There’s plenty of amazing games to get. I can’t wait to find the next, “I played it, I bought it, I loved it” game

#56 5 months ago

Taf. It was my wife’s favorite, and has been the best money I’ve spent in pinball to date.

#57 5 months ago

Flash gordon and tron
    My first copies fell in my lap for the right price. I had never played and both were phenomenal!!!

#58 5 months ago

TNA - not much else feels like it! very quick to understand, difficult to play well.

#59 5 months ago

For me, The Hobbit. Most well integrated movie theme ever in my opinion and one of the most intense multiballs - Battle of Five Armies. Love it. I tried it once when it first came out and thought it was OK. Watched more on-line streams and reviews as the code was updated and jumped in with some hesitation. Was so glad I did.

Big shout out to all of the pinball streaming going on. Really helps to get a feel for what you may like.

Other shout out is to all of the VPX table recreations. With the virtual pincab we built, we have been trying out tables before buying the real machine. Never would have thought I liked AC/DC so much. It has been great! Stern and JJP, this is the best advertising you can get to sell MORE machines! In my opinion it is not in direct competition with your main products. Just a way to expand sales of virtual and real with the same code set you already created. Both should be released simultaneously.

#60 5 months ago

AC/DC Premium.

Pretty soon after it was first released I waited in a long, long line (which seemed like and hour wait) and played 3 balls on a LTBR edition (IIRC) at the Pacific Pinball Expo in CA. I remember stepping up pretty doubtful that it could live up to all of the hype that I had read online. ...one game and I was hooked like a junky on smack! The next day I ordered a Premium and then the following week I ordered a second one just to keep in NIB to crack open years later for when I finally wore out my original one. It was that good and with the latest released code.. it is even better.
    ~Steveo

#61 5 months ago

Metallica for me. I have owned it for 4 years now, and it is still my most played game. It is the only game I have owned that I haven't thought about selling at some point. I have owned AFMr for a little over a year, and have already thought about selling that one, so there is something definitely special about Metallica.

#62 5 months ago
    Quoted from Nexyss:

Metallica for me. I have owned it for 4 years now, and it is still my most played game. It is the only game I have owned that I haven't thought about selling at some point. I have owned AFMr for a little over a year, and have already thought about selling that one, so there is something definitely special about Metallica.

Metallica for me too. I played it at the Minnesota State Fair last year and was engrossed for over an hour. Just such a rush, even though I didn't understand most of the rules at the time. I started looking for one after that, played it a few more times at a couple of different locations, still loved it, and finally found one in October -- it'll be exactly one year on Halloween. I added IMDN this past summer, but I find I still play MET more.

#63 5 months ago

Iron Maiden. Great shooting pin. Layout feels different than your typical fan. Great code / rules. Ripping spinners and loops is a blast.

#64 5 months ago

TNA here. Played it my first Midwest Gaming Classic in 2017. We had just entered the hobby and had previously bought Taxi, Gorgar, and ToM. Had no idea who Spooky was, who Scott was, and what TNA was. Had no idea people built their own games. Had not played 95% of the games ever at my first MGC, so was still a complete noob. I saw the whitewood and no one was on it. My wife and I play a couple games, with some "random" guy giving us tips on what to do (Scott). We said thank you and ventured out to see the rest of the freeplay area. We "wandered" back to Spooky's booth to play TNA at least a half dozen times more. Then we heard that Spooky was going to produce it. We pondered for a couple weeks and got in line for #163. It's been in our house since July and it gets played the most between DI and TNA. Love it and never going to sell it!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 5.00
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 9.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 499.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Great American Pinball
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    German-Pinball-Modular
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet Parts
    Flashinstinct
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 45.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 10.95
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 221.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    Hardware
    CPR Playfields
    $ 199.99
    $ 19.95
    $ 84.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside