Forum Topic

Forum » All Pinball » YOU people did this!

YOU people did this!

No one calls this topic a favorite. Click the star to add it to your favorites.

By bigduke6

3 years ago

Stats

• Started 3 years ago
  • 62 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by EMPins

Find posts in this topic

Show only posts in this topic that match certain words or are written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

There are 62 posts in topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 3 years ago

A few months ago I posted a pic of my first pin, an old Medusa. I was happy as an old guy could get. Took a while but found the one for me. Somebody posted I needed another. Nope, not me. One machine is all I need. I'm not going down that road.
Well. That didn't last long. - Two is enough right? What the hell would you need more than two for?

IMG_1807.jpgIMG_1807.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

IMG_1810.jpgIMG_1810.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

#3 3 years ago

affliction

Enjoy

#4 3 years ago

nope not me...

... when is # 3?

#5 3 years ago

Just face it duke......your an AD-DICT, yea that's right, just say: Hi, I'm Duke and I'm a pinball addict, go ahead you'll feel sooooo much better!

#6 3 years ago

I can stop buying games whenever I want

#7 3 years ago
nutshell79 said:

I can stop buying games whenever I want

Sure you can.........

#8 3 years ago

You will have 6 by the end of 2012, just the way it goes...

#9 3 years ago

you will have #3 in less then 6 mo. by the way i really like your cooler you have by your pins, where did you snag that?

#10 3 years ago
bigduke6 said:

Two is enough right? What the hell would you need more than two for?

Hmm.. I remember saying this exact thing just a few months ago.. Now, I find myself trying to convince the wife that 4 is the magic number. That's only because I know that she won't go from 3 to 5.

#11 3 years ago

You're right, there is no way you are going to fit another pin in there.

#12 3 years ago

And it has the elusive Pinball-Dreams apron

#13 3 years ago

Somebody told me a long time ago - they multiply like rabbits. Enjoy!

#14 3 years ago

i have 9 now. it is officially too many for the space i have.

#15 3 years ago

Nice!...and the do multiply like rabbits. Good luck sticking to just two, didn't work for me cuz I couldn't stay off craigslist.

#16 3 years ago

Nice, congrats on the addition! Three fit perfectly where I have them in my basement, but I'm trying to figure where I could put more, and I sit here and think about if I moved, what kind of house setup I'd look for based on pinball. Sad.

Enjoy your new pin!

#17 3 years ago
bigduke6 said:

A few months ago I posted a pic of my first pin, an old Medusa. I was happy as an old guy could get. Took a while but found the one for me. Somebody posted I needed another. Nope, not me. One machine is all I need. I'm not going down that road.
Well. That didn't last long. - Two is enough right? What the hell would you need more than two for?

Attachments IMG_1810.jpg (259.6 KB, 0 downloads) 48 minutes old IMG_1807.jpg (318.7 KB, 0 downloads) 48 minutes old

You will find that one is lonely and looks odd so you get another one and as I'm sure you have already noticed two looks even worse because pins just look odd in even numbers, you will realize this when you get number four and have to balance it out again with number five.
That's my story and i'm sticking to it, 5 is my limit unless I see a game I want but if I get it then there is that balance thing again so seven is then my limit but no more!
A man's gotta know his limitations.

#18 3 years ago

I see room, just get rid of that soft drink fridge Congrats on the T2 addition!

Never say never in this hobby as I always said one game is all I need or ever want and this weekend I will bringing home my 8th game. I also said I would never sell my pool table and now it is gone and 4 pins in it's place in less than 3 months.

#19 3 years ago

Way to go BD6. Nice collection you have started putting together.
T2 is currently just inside the top 50.
My guess is that you will be satisfied for a while.
Perhaps your excuse to get a 3rd later this yr will be that you find/buy a pin in semi-rough shape as a project to clean it up, make repairs & mods, etc.
Pinsiders will support you in battling your pinball addiction.

#20 3 years ago

Hahaa, you'll only find encouragement for the obsession here!!! Your pins are looking good!

#22 3 years ago

m_enabler_2_16.pngm_enabler_2_16.png

#23 3 years ago

That's a sweet T2 you have there. Love the custom apron!

#24 3 years ago

Resistance is futile!
Might I suggest STTNG

#25 3 years ago
gweempose said:

Love the custom apron!

Noticed that as well, very cool, have not seen that before.

#26 3 years ago
mwong168 said:

I see room, just get rid of that soft drink fridge

Yeah, that is precious pin-space you are wasting!
Cabinet goes too!

#27 3 years ago
NimblePin said:

Yeah, that is precious pin-space you are wasting! [:naughty:]
Cabinet goes too!

LOL, I have a feeling the sofa I am now sitting on is on the chopping block if I find another pin I can't refuse....

#28 3 years ago

Congrats on the T2.

#29 3 years ago
NimblePin said:

mwong168 said:I see room, just get rid of that soft drink fridge
Yeah, that is precious pin-space you are wasting!
Cabinet goes too!

lolllll..... in fact everything that is not pinball as to go man! well.... maybe a little fridge (man as to drink)

#30 3 years ago
beatmaster said:

maybe a little fridge

Yeah, one that fits underneath your THIRD machine!

#31 3 years ago
NimblePin said:

beatmaster said:maybe a little fridge
Yeah, one that fits underneath your THIRD machine!

or under pin number six, when the sofa will be out of the way ...

#32 3 years ago

It's just the tip of the iceberg.

I get like one a month now. Serious addiction.

#33 3 years ago

LOL...First of all Congrats on #2.

Second, I started with a NIB spiderman for my 40th Bday present to myself and that was all I planned on getting....then I joined this forum called "Pinside" and now I have four and looking for more....Someone please help me.

#34 3 years ago

Someone please help me.

Sure thing buddy!

push-off-cliff.jpgpush-off-cliff.jpg
I think there is an HUO AFM at the bottom...

#35 3 years ago

you've been infected....

#36 3 years ago

Nice pickup

#37 3 years ago

Don't forget to update your collection list in your profile.

#38 3 years ago

I got #1 in August 2011, #2 two weeks ago and might get #3 tomorrow! lol

#39 3 years ago

Some own one pinball to add to a game room, but a true pinhead can never stop, in short, your screwed! Nice score, I see room for more!

#40 3 years ago

Thanks for all the advice. The beer fridge is staying. The guy who sold me this also had a ST:TNG that was Unbeleaveable! Every mod possible. I think if I added that, well then I'd be done!

#41 3 years ago

Btw- that custom apron makes the T2. It is awesome. But having it there is begging for the rest of the machine to be modded.

#42 3 years ago

T2's a decent game but it's fairly easy and gets repetitive.. you'll definitely need AT LEAST one more.

#43 3 years ago
Xtraball said:

And it has the elusive Pinball-Dreams apron

That is a very cool apron....didn't even know stuff like that existed for pinballs!

#44 3 years ago
Rascal_H said:

It's just the tip of the iceberg.

I get like one a month now. Serious addiction.

+1

8 months since I got my first pin. I've gone through 9 so far.

The trouble is, I don't take the time to play them because most of my free time is spent bringing the neglected/broken machines back to life.

#45 3 years ago
bigduke6 said:

Thanks for all the advice. The beer fridge is staying. The guy who sold me this also had a ST:TNG that was Unbeleaveable! Every mod possible. I think if I added that, well then I'd be done!

doooooooooo it!!!

#46 3 years ago

That's awesome! I have both of these pins setup side by side in my kitchen because I don't have room in my basement anymore. Both great games.

#47 3 years ago

Get the H/K ship mod with the flashing LED's.....cool stuff! I want the apron next!

#48 3 years ago

AHHAHHAHA I said the same thing...then 1 month later, 2nd pin

#49 3 years ago
bigduke6 said:

Btw- that custom apron makes the T2. It is awesome. But having it there is begging for the rest of the machine to be modded.

Exactly.

It is a good start though!

Here's what it *could* be:

http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album292/34_G?full=1

#50 3 years ago

Needs more T-1000

There are 62 posts in topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.