Horse_Game_Overview.jpg
Horse_Games_Parts_1.jpg
Horse_Game_Parts_2.jpg
IMG_3443.jpg
IMG_3441.jpg
58_Turf_Champ_Playfield.jpg
18._Mech_back_in_game..jpg
17._Hut_and_Spring_washer_in_place.jpg
16._Horse_Connector_on_Rail_and_spring_ready_for_Attachment_next_to_the_spring_connector.jpg
15._Dumb_end_Rebuilt.jpg
14._Drive_end_clean_and_rebuilt..jpg
13._Relay_Actuated_Release_Lever.jpg
12._Adding_Oil.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Foose.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 8 years ago

I recently acquired a 1967 Williams derby day...it has the same unit in it, which functions 80% correct maybe 70% of the time....but thanks to this thread I'm not shooting in the dark when I go to clean it! great tip on the neatsfoot oil too; I had no idea. Great pictures, great explanations. Thank you in advance for making this resto that much easier!

#26 8 years ago

quick question steve,

i am in the position of replacing some of the leather washers...you said about tool belt leather being thicker than a pants belt, so i tried an old work boot and a welding glove....the work boot is very thick leather, about .110" and looks like it might be suitable for the large leather washers in my first picture below. unfortunately they all look great and im not intending on replacing them. in the second picture you can see one of the small washers is missing entirely from horse #5...these washers all seem thinner, and so the welding glove was an idea but its only about .060" and it seems like its a suede kind of leather. do you think using the thicker leather will be acceptable for the small washers? it seems like the springs should be able to soak up the extra thickness without a problem, but i figured i should ask an expert.

its curious, the differences between your mech and mine...i didnt see the large washers on yours, and mine has copper chains of all things...just interesting stuff...

IMG_3441.jpgIMG_3441.jpg

IMG_3443.jpgIMG_3443.jpg

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from Foose:

and mine has copper chains of all things

until you stick a magnet to it....then its steel....what?!

#30 8 years ago

and then i remembered i have a book with parts and prices for this machine!....oddly enough, the small washers are identified as being felt, only the washers to the left side of the gear are the leather ones. and what you said about the copper chain makes complete sense...good call! thanks again for all your help, you are an invaluable resource!

#32 8 years ago

sure thing steve, ill try to get all my materials on here...ive got the instruction book, and the catalog supplement "F" with parts and prices, wiring diagram, all that stuff. it might take me a minute but ill get them on here. until i do, and i dont know if this helps, but the part number for the felt washer was 20A-7550 and the leather washer was 20A-7551.

#33 8 years ago

well, ive scanned in all of the documentation ive got. here is the page out of the supplement "F" with the horse assembly on it. is there a specific spot i should upload the entire thing to?

catalog_supplement_F_page_6.jpgcatalog_supplement_F_page_6.jpg

catalog_supplement_F_page_7.jpgcatalog_supplement_F_page_7.jpg

catalog_supplement_F_page_11.jpgcatalog_supplement_F_page_11.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Foose.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-need-a-cow%e2%80%99s-help-to-move-a-horse?tu=Foose and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.