03A4C3F2-4CD6-4DFF-BA31-2A7F8315AAFF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200719_020010 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200719_013610 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200711_020027 (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200710_210847 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200710_210927 (resized).jpg
F124E540-B526-428F-A6D7-9979E738A359 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dent00.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

If you like the theme and artwork on:
Whoa Nellie! Big Juicy Melons, The Pabst Can Crusher, WWE Wrestlemania, Nascar, and Twin Win, ...you might be a redneck.

Don't forget AC/DC with the Helen or Lucy translites....
I have noticed several people in this category with Makita tools posters that also qualify...
In business settings... I did not complain...
If that is being a redneck, then I guess I qualify...

#64 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Or if you’ve hit a deer with your truck on purpose so you could keep it.

That's called "road kill" or the "weapon" is a 2000 Ford F-150 with a brush guard up front....
This is not always a good thing because undesirable internal organs can be damaged and affect good edible meat...
If you carry out this act with a spot light, you might be a redneck...

#211 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

I was curious...Wiki
Redneck is a derogatory term chiefly but not exclusively applied to white Americans perceived to be crass and unsophisticated, closely associated with rural whites of the Southern United States.[1][2] Its usage is similar in meaning to cracker (especially regarding Texas, Georgia, and Florida), hillbilly (especially regarding Appalachia and the Ozarks),[3] and white trash (but without the last term's suggestions of immorality).[4][5][6] In Britain the Cambridge Dictionary definition states: "a poor, white person without education, esp. one living in the countryside in the southern US, who is believed to have prejudiced ideas and beliefs. This word is usually considered offensive."[7] People from the white South sometimes jocularly call themselves "rednecks" as insider humor.[8]
By the 1970s, the term had become offensive slang, its meaning expanded to include racism, loutishness, and opposition to modern ways.[9]
Patrick Huber, in his monograph A Short History of Redneck: The Fashioning of a Southern White Masculine Identity, emphasized the theme of masculinity in the 20th-century expansion of the term, noting, "The redneck has been stereotyped in the media and popular culture as a poor, dirty, uneducated, and racist Southern white man."[10]

This clarification just confirms my suspicions. "Redneck" as the term is used where I live, refers to working class people from the South. But, it can also be a derogatory term for someone that does something silly or ridiculous. These people normally do not like being called "Hillbillies", as this term is associated with working class people that live in mountainous areas, like Tennessee or other hilly areas North of the Southeast US. There are no mountains or hills for that matter, near my area, so there are no "hillbillies". Although people from the Northeast US usually refer to all people in this class south of their area, as "hillbillies", including people from Florida. I always thought that was strange, because there are no hills in the flatlands... Hence, no "hillbillies" in those areas.

#228 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Something like this ?[quoted image]

I like the way that bass is chasing that lure... Nice touch...

#271 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Are you kidding?
Sounds friggin awesome to me.

I think there might be some talent in that group.
Makes me want to go play my AC/DC Premium and try for the super jackpot on Thunderstruck...
I like that tail on the guy's hat playing the accordion too. Might be fox.
I don't think I have seen a tail exactly like that before.

1 week later
#292 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

So you take exception to folks talking shi* about rednecks, which you identify as, but in your opinion, if you live in a trailer, you are trailer trash? Am I understanding this correctly?

Some people I have met take offense to the term "trailer".
I am often corrected to refer to the domicile as a "modular home".
To which, I usually reply that they live in a "double wide" and giggle a little bit.

2 months later
#344 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You marry a woman five times your size so you have someone to help move pinball machines.
LTG : )

Just because I am polite and from the South, I would never ask a young lady to help me carry anything, even if she is strong, especially a pinball machine....
And all women prefer to be addressed as a "young lady", no matter what their age is.
If she wants to hold the door open, that is her decision.
Real men carry stuff for ladies, cause they want to keep them happy.
Women have other things to take care of that men are not allowed to do too.
Men also open doors for them and always say "please", "thank you", "Yes mam" and "no mam".
If that makes me a redneck, so be it...

#347 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I think you may be guilty of cultural appropriation, because (at least from that post) nobody I know is gonna call you a redneck.

I would not be so sure about that. I worked in New Jersey for about a year and everybody there called me a hillbilly. I told them I was not from Tennessee, but they could not tell the difference in my accent from people in those areas. So, I told them that I was a redneck.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Black Mountain, NC
$ 5,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hidden Meadows, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
South Berwick, ME
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dent00.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-might-be-a-redneck?tu=Dent00 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.