03A4C3F2-4CD6-4DFF-BA31-2A7F8315AAFF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200719_020010 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200719_013610 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200711_020027 (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200710_210847 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200710_210927 (resized).jpg
F124E540-B526-428F-A6D7-9979E738A359 (resized).jpeg
There are 351 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.
#251 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Ready for the Redskins to get a new name?

I’m ready. I’m so sick of it. I just want it over with. Snyder selling the team would be a great companion piece but I doubt that will ever happen.

It’ll nice when it’s finally over and we get to see the rest of these teams squirm. I’m talking to you blackhawks and Chiefs. You’re on deck!

#252 3 years ago

If you cut your lawn....and find a CAR!

#253 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’m ready. I’m so sick of it.

47osli (resized).jpg47osli (resized).jpg
#254 3 years ago

Disney has already folded under the pressure and is eliminating Song of South as the theme on Splash Mountain. No more zip a dee doo dah. What's next, Tom Sawyer's Island?

#255 3 years ago

If you just got woken up by blue police lights look out your front door and see a cow running through your yard and spend the next hour trying to rope it with a ratchet strap...haha I ran to my garage got my tractor out like I was bat man peeling out of the bat cave.

CE1CDEAA-5031-446C-BF6B-119A238BB9DC (resized).jpegCE1CDEAA-5031-446C-BF6B-119A238BB9DC (resized).jpeg

#256 3 years ago

If you think "loading the dishwasher" means getting your wife drunk!

#257 3 years ago

If this was performed at your wedding.
LTG : )

#258 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Oh man, they went and fucked up that good song...

#259 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Oh man, they went and fucked up that good song...

Are you kidding?
Sounds friggin awesome to me.

#260 3 years ago
Quoted from KongDonkey:

If you just got woken up by blue police lights look out your front door and see a cow running through your yard and spend the next hour trying to rope it with a ratchet strap...haha I ran to my garage got my tractor out like I was bat man peeling out of the bat cave.
[quoted image]

Would love to see a couple more pics of your tractor.
I’ve been eyeballing a 1952 John Deere that’s on CL out here, but the timings not right with everything that’s going on.
I’m in a rural area and we have a local tractor club. Pretty fun lovin bunch of guys that participate in the local parades and do things like have meet ups at the rodeo.

#261 3 years ago

When I was younger I was probably 80% redneck with all the red man I was chewing and skoal I was dipping, and operating all kinds of construction equipment, and sometimes just on a farm tractor bush hogging the land my Dad used to own.

Now, maybe I am 30%. If something really needs a bolt and a nut and I have nothing on hand that fits I may use some tie wire or something for a quick fix.

I love the pics showing people making a pool in a truck bed, stuff like that I just find cool. Who cares they are in overalls or whatever while in a pool.

The pics of old guys playing banjos get old.

But like while ago the pic of the plunger on the windshield holding the gps or phone or whatever was great.

And I think the late great Charlie Daniels hit the nail on the head with these lyrics from "In America" :

And we may have done a little bit
Of fightin' amongst ourselves
But you outside people best leave us
alone
'Cause we'll all stick together
And you can take that to the bank
That's the cowboys and the hippies
And the rebels and and the yanks

We all change all the time, but I hope we can always stick together and laugh and have fun and help each other as needed.

The last few years I have seen first hand how so many people just get offended way too easy.

I am not even going into any of that except I am sad that they seem not able to laugh and have fun, for some reason they just want to be miserable and complain about something.

Chill out. We will help you any way we can.

I hope not only the USA, but the whole world can come together soon, and we can all be easy going, and ready to help each other.

All the rednecks I know are some of the most friendly and helping people I know.

(I am only 30%, so don't ask for my shirt, but I will try to give advice if I am decent at the topic).

#262 3 years ago

If you shed a tear when Uncle Elmer got married on WCW.
a310e0e81ecceaf16832271369f54545 (resized).jpga310e0e81ecceaf16832271369f54545 (resized).jpg

#263 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I wonder if Odin will let Aussies include bogans

I will take Odin's upvote as a yes , until I hear otherwise .

IMG_20200709_215514 (resized).jpgIMG_20200709_215514 (resized).jpgIMG_20200709_215423 (resized).jpgIMG_20200709_215423 (resized).jpg
#264 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Would love to see a couple more pics of your tractor.
I’ve been eyeballing a 1952 John Deere that’s on CL out here, but the timings not right with everything that’s going on.
I’m in a rural area and we have a local tractor club. Pretty fun lovin bunch of guys that participate in the local parades and do things like have meet ups at the rodeo.

Coindork here you go man mine is a 1953 Ford Golden Jubilee, older tractors are pretty cool but be prepared to work on them, they are fairly easy to repair but things will need adjusting from time to time

892AC999-D594-4420-AB4A-8F68E0E6D9CC (resized).jpeg892AC999-D594-4420-AB4A-8F68E0E6D9CC (resized).jpeg
#265 3 years ago
Quoted from KongDonkey:

here you go man mine is a 1953 Ford Golden Jubilee, older tractors are pretty cool but be prepared to work on them, they are fairly easy to repair but things will need adjusting from time to time

Wow seeing those old tractors really takes me back to being a kid and growing up with farm land all around. We had a neighbor Mr.Wolf who had a dairy farm and he would let us build ramps and practice jumps etc. with our motorcross bikes in one of the fields he was not using every year and I remember him using tractors like that with a bucket on them to dump dirt we used to build the ramps. I was riding 125 & 250 Elsinores back then and it was a blast!

#266 3 years ago

If you liked thunderstruck check out Native Howl awesome band

#267 3 years ago

The New York Times decided to capitalize "B" in black and make the "W" in white lowercase. I wrote them and asked why, they said white people had no shared culture like black people.
I disagreed, rednecks have a form of music indigenous to their Tribe (Bluegrass) Dance (clogging/flat foot) and Art (Quilting Patterns). Only group where the men and women wear straw hats (clothing).
20 years ago the largest group of deformed/learning challenged kids was in a place near Harkers Island NC. Why? Their Ancestors live on Cape Lookout (Diamond City) with inbreeding rampant. A true closed Society. Inbreeding comes from Geographical challenges as well as fear of outsiders. After a huge storm blew their ass to shreds they moved their shacks by barge across the Sound to Harkers Island.
Or in the case of the Royal Family a desire to centralize power. Inbreeding is rampant in their ranks, are they British rednecks?

#268 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

The New York Times

The paper has been a rag for years I'm not surprised by anything they print about any group of people or organizations really.

#269 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Fabulous, the banjo player is great. Before the virus BS I used to go listen to live bluegrass in the back of my barbers shop business every Tuesday night when they practiced, some of the best musicians in the business in the bluegrass circles.

#270 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

When my wife walked down the aisle at our wedding , It's a Long Way to the Top by AC DC started playing , I had no idea . I shook my head but at the same time I knew this was the right girl for me .

Added over 4 years ago:

#271 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Are you kidding?
Sounds friggin awesome to me.

I think there might be some talent in that group.
Makes me want to go play my AC/DC Premium and try for the super jackpot on Thunderstruck...
I like that tail on the guy's hat playing the accordion too. Might be fox.
I don't think I have seen a tail exactly like that before.

#272 3 years ago

If your selling a pinball machine on social media and your description says “was playable not playable now need Sawtering of part”

#273 3 years ago
Quoted from KongDonkey:

coindork here you go man mine is a 1953 Ford Golden Jubilee, older tractors are pretty cool but be prepared to work on them, they are fairly easy to repair but things will need adjusting from time to time
[quoted image]

Thats awesome.
Yeah, I get that owning one is going to require some work.
That doesn't scare me too much.
I've owned classic cars, just never a tractor.

#274 3 years ago
Quoted from eagle18:

If your selling a pinball machine on social media and your description says “was playable not playable now need Sawtering of part”

is that done with a Sawtering Eyeron !

#275 3 years ago
Quoted from eagle18:

PLayfield has ware

#276 3 years ago

If you pull up to Arby's wearing a wifebeater and sunglasses and tell them you have a coupon, then perhaps you are a redneck.

#277 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If you pull up to Arby's wearing a wifebeater and sunglasses and tell them you have a coupon, then perhaps you are a redneck.

I’m definitely redneck then.

#278 3 years ago

Phonetically correct.

2566138A-377A-413E-9A98-03E32A85AB86 (resized).jpeg2566138A-377A-413E-9A98-03E32A85AB86 (resized).jpeg

#279 3 years ago

Placed a styrofoam kids life ring on an outhouse seat for the old people?
Intentionally put a King snake in an outhouse?
Owned your own Lance Jar and sold crackers and cookies from it?
Stacked your early DC Comics side by side with Playboy magazines in your garage?
Bought your own Wurlitzer because the Cafe 10 miles away has one?
Own 8 Socket Sets cause you leave one at every place you work?
Have two types of dogs, pets and working? The working dogs kept
separate and the kids can't give them treats?
Have a small ditch that turns into a raging river when it rains hard?Rode a tube down it?
Still look for white letter tires and put the white letters facing out?
Saved the Bibs part from worn out denim overalls and put them on a new pair?
Go through a dozen exhaust systems (loud, real loud, no exhaust, glass pack, quiet) in a 3 year period?
Its possible you have a little redneck in you.

#280 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Placed a styrofoam kids life ring on an outhouse seat for the old people?
Intentionally put a King snake in an outhouse?
Owned your own Lance Jar and sold crackers and cookies from it?
Stacked your early DC Comics side by side with Playboy magazines in your garage?
Bought your own Wurlitzer because the Cafe 10 miles away has one?
Own 8 Socket Sets cause you leave one at every place you work?
Have two types of dogs, pets and working? The working dogs kept
separate and the kids can't give them treats?
Have a small ditch that turns into a raging river when it rains hard?Rode a tube down it?
Still look for white letter tires and put the white letters facing out?
Saved the Bibs part from worn out denim overalls and put them on a new pair?
Go through a dozen exhaust systems (loud, real loud, no exhaust, glass pack, quiet) in a 3 year period?
Its possible you have a little redneck in you.

It’s impossible to not have a lil redneck in you.

#281 3 years ago

Richard Petty may be the last living Hero of the rednecks (please nominate others). Look at the Guy, in his eighties and a walking model for the cause. Cowboy boots, wrap around Polaroid sunglasses (he purchased all remaining stock of his Signature wrap arounds) big ass go to hell hat.
Brother Maurice built illegal engines for years that fooled the Nascar inspectors and WON.
Still eats Burgers and drinks Pabst longnecks at a local greasy spoon (Cale Yarboroughs wrecked bumper sits over one of the booths).
Sponsor and Friend of the only black driver on the Circuit. Richard is the real deal. Go to his Museum in Level Cross and if he is there treats you like Family.

#282 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Some of this stuff is pretty amazing.
Where’s the photo of the people in the pool with a surge protector floating on a flip flop?

6CF4B569-B84A-4BF5-A049-57CDFD7A2060 (resized).jpeg6CF4B569-B84A-4BF5-A049-57CDFD7A2060 (resized).jpeg
#283 3 years ago
IMG_20200710_211013 (resized).jpgIMG_20200710_211013 (resized).jpgIMG_20200710_211058 (resized).jpgIMG_20200710_211058 (resized).jpg
#284 3 years ago
F124E540-B526-428F-A6D7-9979E738A359 (resized).jpegF124E540-B526-428F-A6D7-9979E738A359 (resized).jpeg
#285 3 years ago
IMG_20200710_210847 (resized).jpgIMG_20200710_210847 (resized).jpgIMG_20200710_210927 (resized).jpgIMG_20200710_210927 (resized).jpg
#286 3 years ago
download (resized).jpegdownload (resized).jpeg
#287 3 years ago

Nice one Noel .

IMG_20200711_020027 (resized).jpgIMG_20200711_020027 (resized).jpg
#288 3 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

PM me your address or a PO box. I'll send you some in the mail if you want.

Thank you beergut666 I got the peanut rolls in the mail today and I have to say they are pretty damn good! Very similar to a payday in taste and good and salty! I think I may order some of these off Amazon when these run out. I've eaten 2 and I've only had them for about 3 hrs..........

Russ

#289 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Thank you beergut666 I got the peanut rolls in the mail today and I have to say they are pretty damn good! Very similar to a payday in taste and good and salty! I think I may order some of these off Amazon when these run out. I've eaten 2 and I've only had them for about 3 hrs..........
Russ

Careful, they’re addicting! That was a solid move sending those out there @beergut666.

#290 3 years ago

You might be a redneck if... you punish your children by taking away their chewing tobacco.

#291 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

As a rule rednecks didn't live in mobile homes, preferring any real house including shacks and shanties, converted barns or staying with relatives. Rednecks referred to these folks as trailer trash. You see, there are differing hierarchies of status among the poor. Easy financing changed all of that.

So you take exception to folks talking shi* about rednecks, which you identify as, but in your opinion, if you live in a trailer, you are trailer trash? Am I understanding this correctly?

#292 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

So you take exception to folks talking shi* about rednecks, which you identify as, but in your opinion, if you live in a trailer, you are trailer trash? Am I understanding this correctly?

Some people I have met take offense to the term "trailer".
I am often corrected to refer to the domicile as a "modular home".
To which, I usually reply that they live in a "double wide" and giggle a little bit.

#293 3 years ago

If you've got the hair for it .

IMG_20200719_013610 (resized).jpgIMG_20200719_013610 (resized).jpg
#294 3 years ago

What time is it - beer oclock .

IMG_20200719_020010 (resized).jpgIMG_20200719_020010 (resized).jpg
#295 3 years ago
Quoted from Dent00:

Some people I have met take offense to the term "trailer".
I am often corrected to refer to the domicile as a "modular home".
To which, I usually reply that they live in a "double wide" and giggle a little bit.

Well I guess you might be a redneck if someones calls you trailer trash and you only take offense to the trailer portion of the term.

#296 3 years ago

You might be a redneck if you've been hospitalized after a chili cook-off.

#297 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Fabulous, the banjo player is great. Before the virus BS I used to go listen to live bluegrass in the back of my barbers shop business every Tuesday night when they practiced, some of the best musicians in the business in the bluegrass circles.

This place?

#298 3 years ago

So one of my good friends uncles used to work for Hank Williams Jr, so my buddy has always got to go down and hang out with Hank ever since he was a kid. On one of his trips to see Hank, they went out on a fishing trip. While on the trip Kid Rock called up Hank to let him know he was going to propose to Pamela Anderson all while my buddy was beside him soaking in this glorious moment of redneck history. True story.

#299 3 years ago

You might be a red neck if you throw that lazy, over the head fishing cast when you fish HEHAH

#300 3 years ago

When u think that the dukes of hazard car was the best thing ever..besides daisy duke...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hidden Meadows, CA
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Black Mountain, NC
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 351 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-might-be-a-redneck/page/6?hl=phil-lee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.